US Teachers Spend $459 of Their Own Money Each Year on Classroom Supplies

You don't need books. You're online. Who doesn't have WiFi? If you have cable you have WiFi. Instead of being negative why not look at the positive aspects?
There are still quite a few folks that don't have the internet; internet is NOT free with basic cable service, you know. A lot have only a phone, not a computer. I have some students that don't even have a phone. In order to be the ONLY option, EVERYONE would have to have the necessary tools.

If you are talking about it being an option, that's different, and probably if parents are willing to stay home and make sure their kids are actually doing their school time, it will be used more and more.

NEVER said only option but it should be an option.
Just about every college and university and even training institution is offering on-line classes now. It's fantastic when you live in the back of nowhere, like I do. The reason it is not being done with K-12 so much yet is that it requires heavy parental buy-in and like I said before, most parents are working.

Yeah, Let's talk about those online classes that everyone is taking! Students who study online do not retain any information like they do in "live" classes. That's why schools like University of Phoenix gets you laughed at when you present your degree!

Even Harvard had online classes. Stop it.

You stop it. People have no respect for online classes because they suck, no matter what the school. Obama was a constitutional law instructor but got slammed by his own Supreme Court. AOC supposedly has an education in economics and you know how stupid she is!

Cheating in online classes runs rampant.

27yqbu.jpg

America doesn't value education. Large swaths of this country think that teachers are evil communists.
The costs keep rising and the returns not as good.

So you have bought into the lie that our students are all worse today than in the past?

Some are, but you need to put away that broad brush. Many kids today are getting a far superior education than you or I did. They just avail themselves of what is available.

There are still quite a few folks that don't have the internet; internet is NOT free with basic cable service, you know. A lot have only a phone, not a computer. I have some students that don't even have a phone. In order to be the ONLY option, EVERYONE would have to have the necessary tools.

If you are talking about it being an option, that's different, and probably if parents are willing to stay home and make sure their kids are actually doing their school time, it will be used more and more.

Just about every college and university and even training institution is offering on-line classes now. It's fantastic when you live in the back of nowhere, like I do. The reason it is not being done with K-12 so much yet is that it requires heavy parental buy-in and like I said before, most parents are working.

Yeah, Let's talk about those online classes that everyone is taking! Students who study online do not retain any information like they do in "live" classes. That's why schools like University of Phoenix gets you laughed at when you present your degree!

You stop it. People have no respect for online classes because they suck, no matter what the school. Obama was a constitutional law instructor but got slammed by his own Supreme Court. AOC supposedly has an education in economics and you know how stupid she is!

AOC didn't take online classes she is just stupid.

How do you know ?

I never said she did, and I agree.

Sometimes even the best colleges can't fix stupid.

Essentially subsidizing underfunded schools,teachers in the US spend an average of $459 on classroom supplies for which they are not reimbursed.

Subsidizing Underfunded Schools, US Teachers Spend $459 of Their Own Money Each Year on Classroom Supplies

That being said, they have it relatively better than a lot of people in terms of benefits
and other public union advantages.

174289-21898.png
They can learn to code if they don’t like getting full time pay for part time work.

Teachers have been getting part time pay for full time work for about century.

So you have bought into the lie that our students are all worse today than in the past?

Some are, but you need to put away that broad brush. Many kids today are getting a far superior education than you or I did. They just avail themselves of what is available.

Certainly not all but it is undeniable that our averages are plunging.

Averages based on what?

You obviously don't understand averages very well..

If you have 5 students take a test and 4 make a perfect score and one gets a zero, what is the average? That would be an 80 which is normally a C. So you are telling me those 4 students who got a 100% are "C" students?

How do you know ?

My wife is a BU grad too. Classes are fine but a lot of it is group work so you can ride someone else’s work.

How do you know ?

My wife is a BU grad too. Classes are fine but a lot of it is group work so you can ride someone else’s work.

Agreed. My daughter refused to do group work in high school and college. The teachers and professors always let her do her own work in a group of one!

Teachers have been getting part time pay for full time work for about century.

Nonsense. Teachers are paid exactly what they are worth. They also know from the day they enroll in the School of Education (easiest of all) at any university precisely what their pay and benefits will be upon graduation.

Averages based on what?

You obviously don't understand averages very well..

If you have 5 students take a test and 4 make a perfect score and one gets a zero, what is the average? That would be an 80 which is normally a C. So you are telling me those 4 students who got a 100% are "C" students?

Grow up.

Forum List

Back