🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USA Today editorial board declares Trump unfit for Presidency

1. Mishandling Classified Information

Executive Order 13526 and 18 U.S.C Sec. 793(f) of the federal code make it unlawful to send of store classified information on personal email. Casey Harper at The Daily Caller delved into this angle:

"'By using a private email system, Secretary Clinton violated the Federal Records Act and the State Department’s Foreign Affairs Manual regarding records management, and worse, could have left classified and top secret documents vulnerable to cyber attack,' Cause of Action Executive Director Dan Epstein said in an email to reporters.

'This is an egregious violation of the law, and if it were anyone else, they could be facing fines and criminal prosecution.'”

Harper goes on to point out that multiple violations of this law have been enforced recently, including in 1999, when former CIA Director John M. Deutch's security clearance was suspended for using his personal email to send classified information.

Additionally, this past week, Gen. David Patraeus pleaded guilty for mishandling classified information by using a Gmail account instead of his official government email.

2. Violation of The 2009 Federal Records Act

Section 1236.22 of the 2009 National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) requirements states that:

"Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system."

According to the original story on Clinton's emails published in The New York Times:

"Federal regulations, since 2009, have required that all emails be preserved as part of an agency’s record-keeping system. In Mrs. Clinton’s case, her emails were kept on her personal account and her staff took no steps to have them preserved as part of State Department record.

In response to a State Department request, Mrs. Clinton’s advisers, late last year, reviewed her account and decided which emails to turn over to the State Department."

The fact that the State Department combs through the 55,000 pages of emails sent on Clinton's private email account seems to verify that at least some of the emails Clinton sent contained classified information.

3. Violation of the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)

Veterans for a Strong America has filed a lawsuit against the State Department over potential violations of FOIA. Joel Arends, chairman of the non-profit group, explained to the Washington Examiner that their FOIA request over the Benghazi affair specifically asked for any personal email accounts Secretary Clinton may have used:

"'At this point in time, I think we're the only ones that specifically asked for both her personal and government email and phone logs,' Arends said of his group's Benghazi-related request."

No charges. No indictment. No point.
Yeah you are fine with Hillary being above the law, but if she were an R, you would screaming off with her head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not above the law at all. Due process found no crime.

I accept the investigation and the conclusions reached. You do not.

It's your problem that you have been blinded by your own cynicism.
You have to be terribly ignorant or a crazed Dem partisan to believe that.

Which is it?

I live in the real world.
Your dark little cynical world requires a conspiracy to explain what you see.
You have absolutely no idea what the real world is really like.

Trust me.

Which is it?

The Clintons have been investigated at least 16 times by Special Prosecutors, Congressional Committees, and the FBI. Republicans have spent $100 million investigating the Clintons for the sole purpose of destroying them. 16 investigations, $100 million, one special prosecutor, and what have the Republicans found. NOTHING. Because their lies about the Clintons aren't true.

You chose to ignore the investigations, and believe the lies. No one has been under as much scrutiny as the Clintons. EVER. Either they are the smartest criminals ever, or they haven't done anything illegal. Trump is a criminal but he keeps getting caught. I'd rather have the smarter criminals, please.

What's laughable about that claim, Dragonlady is that Hillary Clinton just destroyed more evidence of illegal activities than probably any potential defendant in the history of American justice..."losing" two lap tops, wiping two others clean with "BleachBit", losing or destroying with hammers 15 different cell phones, deleting 33,000 emails again with "BleachBit, and then manually deleting all of the backup files to her servers. Tom Brady of the New England Patriots got suspended four games and lost three million dollars because he destroyed one cell phone that the NFL wanted to look at!

Hillary Clinton is so dirty it's a joke when her supporters claim her "innocence"! You want smart criminals? Then put the Clinton's back in the Oval Office.
Oh stfu. George W. Bush's White House "lost" 22 million emails
Lost or deleted because that's what you do with personal emails.

I noticed your handlers always supply you with bogus talking points that have to be researched at length, only to discover they are total horse shit......and once again, how does one wrongdoing excuse another? Does Hillary get to break the law just because she was devious enough to find lawbreaking by a former administration????

What sort of juvenile asshole thinks that is a valid excuse??????

Last edited:
"The National Archives now has 220 million emails from the Bush White House, and there is a long backlog of Freedom of Information Act requests already. But not all of the emails will be available to the public until 2021, when the presidential security restrictions elapse."

Sorry, Sealy...unlike Hillary the Bush White House simply refused to turn over emails...they didn't destroy them. Nice attempt at diversion from what Hillary DID do though...well not really but it sounded good if you were clueless and didn't read your Newsweek article carefully.

BFD all these supposedly important newspaper endorsements going to Hillary and yet the race is basically tied. You know that might mean endorsements don't mean much if anything anymore.

Which is it?

The Clintons have been investigated at least 16 times by Special Prosecutors, Congressional Committees, and the FBI. Republicans have spent $100 million investigating the Clintons for the sole purpose of destroying them. 16 investigations, $100 million, one special prosecutor, and what have the Republicans found. NOTHING. Because their lies about the Clintons aren't true.

You chose to ignore the investigations, and believe the lies. No one has been under as much scrutiny as the Clintons. EVER. Either they are the smartest criminals ever, or they haven't done anything illegal. Trump is a criminal but he keeps getting caught. I'd rather have the smarter criminals, please.

What's laughable about that claim, Dragonlady is that Hillary Clinton just destroyed more evidence of illegal activities than probably any potential defendant in the history of American justice..."losing" two lap tops, wiping two others clean with "BleachBit", losing or destroying with hammers 15 different cell phones, deleting 33,000 emails again with "BleachBit, and then manually deleting all of the backup files to her servers. Tom Brady of the New England Patriots got suspended four games and lost three million dollars because he destroyed one cell phone that the NFL wanted to look at!

Hillary Clinton is so dirty it's a joke when her supporters claim her "innocence"! You want smart criminals? Then put the Clinton's back in the Oval Office.

I noticed your handlers always supply you with bogus talking points that have to be researched at length, only to discover they are total horse shit......and once again, how does one wrongdoing excuse another? Does Hillary get to break the law just because she was devious enough to find lawbreaking by a former administration????

If only you cared back when Bush was deleting emails and Alberto Gonzales couldn't recall.

BFD all these supposedly important newspaper endorsements going to Hillary and yet the race is basically tied. You know that might mean endorsements don't mean much if anything anymore.
Should I show you a thread from 2012 or 2008 where you guys said the race between Obama and McCain/Romney was close? Please don't make us laugh with this "it's close" bullshit. You wish. If Trump would have done well at the debates maybe but not only did he not do well, he's proving Hillary was right that you can unhinge this guy with a tweet.

Donald Trump's 12 Big Moments That Lost The Debate, And Probably The Election

They just BELIEVE....and at the same time they IGNORE all the skeletons in Hillary and Bill's closet.

It is quite a balancing act....

Those Clinton skeletons have been scrutinized repeatedly and have ended up nowhere.

Trump is just starting that process.
Once again.....a company or person with ties to the Clinton Foundation claims Trump is unqualified.

Donna Shalala.....former Clinton HUD chairwoman and President of the University of Miami, sits on the Board of Directors of Gannett which owns USA Today and current President of the Clinton Foundation......says Trump is unqualified.

Phfffffffffffft......

You've turned into a conspiracy nut. Every argument ends with a conspiracy explaining results you don't agree with.
You should investigate how the Clintons, Obamas and all Dems for that matter have become so all powerful as to foil every "good " thing that Repubs try to do. They must have a huge shadow army that quietly controls all of the possible variables and players.
Look, I just know how the Clintons operate. Once you know this and accept it and decide to stop taking everything they are involved in at face value and look into the details, you start to discover this stuff. I also have a long memory and don't get distracted by shiny objects.

Until yesterday I didn't know Donna Shalala was president of the Clinton Foundation. But she has strong ties to the Clintons and their status has great effect on her economic future. Just look at her bio.

There is no conspiracy.

The Clintons have friends and supporters all over the country in all sorts of positions. That's to be expected after so many years in public service and also what makes them politically effective. That in no way is anything nefarious or illegal. The idea though that those friends are actively altering outcomes in the world to benefit the Clintons is where you go off the rails.
I think you're just losing your principles.
The Clintons are playing us for fools, and you are swallowing their crap and asking for seconds.

We are talking about Clinton connections and we are talking about a paper (with heavy connections to the Clintons) that just declared a Clinton opponent to be unqualified, are we not?

I picked up a US Today in the lobby of the hotel last week, it was like 8 pages. Who givs a flying fuck what they think.. they can't even put together a newspaper worth reading.

Which is it?

If only you cared back when Bush was deleting emails and Alberto Gonzales couldn't recall.
Never heard a thing about it back then......wanna know why?

Because it never happened.

I picked up a US Today in the lobby of the hotel last week, it was like 8 pages. Who givs a flying fuck what they think.. they can't even put together a newspaper worth reading.

Monday was a bad night overall for Trump. I came up with a video detailing the 12 worst moments that sent his dumpster fire of a campaign careering off into the abyss -- including his sneering assurance that avoiding paying any federal taxes "makes me smart" and his word-salad defense of the "birther" advocacy that set the foundation for his presidential run. Capped off, of course, with his bragadocious and bootylicious boast that of course he had the superior temperament to be president: "A winning temperament."

And all the rest of us saw was a loser.

Enjoy. I think you'll see a campaign going up in eternal flames here.

Monday was a bad night overall for Trump. I came up with a video detailing the 12 worst moments that sent his dumpster fire of a campaign careering off into the abyss -- including his sneering assurance that avoiding paying any federal taxes "makes me smart" and his word-salad defense of the "birther" advocacy that set the foundation for his presidential run. Capped off, of course, with his bragadocious and bootylicious boast that of course he had the superior temperament to be president: "A winning temperament."

And all the rest of us saw was a loser.

Enjoy. I think you'll see a campaign going up in eternal flames here.

That's what I've been hearing for the last year almost.

Should I show you a thread from 2012 or 2008 where you guys said the race between Obama and McCain/Romney was close? Please don't make us laugh with this "it's close" bullshit. You wish. If Trump would have done well at the debates maybe but not only did he not do well, he's proving Hillary was right that you can unhinge this guy with a tweet.

Should I show you one from the same years when McCain and Romney got dozens of the newspaper endorsements the ones you guys suddenly find so relevant now but didn't then and how those elections turned out? How about a reminder of who was declared the big winner of the first 2012 presidential debate and how that election turned out? This was a close race before the debate Monday the polls show it still is it might end up being a blow out on Election Day lots of things can happen between now and then but as of now that is not the case and no amount of denial will change that.

Sometimes you have to just do what's right

USA TODAY's Editorial Board: Trump is 'unfit for the presidency'

He is erratic. Trump has been on so many sides of so many issues that attempting to assess his policy positions is like shooting at a moving target. A list prepared by NBC details 124 shifts by Trump on 20 major issues since shortly before he entered the race. He simply spouts slogans and outcomes (he’d replace Obamacare with “something terrific”) without any credible explanations of how he’d achieve them.

He is ill-equipped to be commander in chief. Trump’s foreign policy pronouncements typically range from uninformed to incoherent. It’s not just Democrats who say this. Scores of Republican national security leaders have signed an extraordinary open letter calling Trump’s foreign policy vision “wildly inconsistent and unmoored in principle.” In a Wall Street Journal column this month, Robert Gates, the highly respected former Defense secretary who served presidents of both parties over a half-century, described Trump as “beyond repair.”

He traffics in prejudice. From the very beginning, Trump has built his campaign on appeals to bigotry and xenophobia, whipping up resentment against Mexicans, Muslims and migrants. His proposals for mass deportations and religious tests are unworkable and contrary to America’s ideals.

Trump has stirred racist sentiments in ways that can’t be erased by his belated and clumsy outreach to African Americans. His attacks on an Indiana-born federal judge of Mexican heritage fit “the textbook definition of a racist comment,” according to House Speaker Paul Ryan, the highest-ranking elected official in the Republican Party. And for five years, Trump fanned the absurd “birther” movement that falsely questioned the legitimacy of the nation’s first black president.

His business career is checkered. Trump has built his candidacy on his achievements as a real estate developer and entrepreneur. It’s a shaky scaffold, starting with a 1973 Justice Department suit against Trump and his father for systematically discriminating against blacks in housing rentals. (The Trumps fought the suit but later settled on terms that were viewed as a government victory.) Trump’s companies have had some spectacular financial successes, but this track record is marred by six bankruptcy filings, apparent misuse of the family’s charitable foundation, and allegations by Trump University customers of fraud. A series of investigative articles published by the USA TODAY Network found that Trump has been involved in thousands of lawsuits over the past three decades, including at least 60 that involved small businesses and contract employees who said they were stiffed. So much for being a champion of the little guy.

He isn’t leveling with the American people. Is Trump as rich as he says? No one knows, in part because, alone among major party presidential candidates for the past four decades, he refuses to release his tax returns. Nor do we know whether he has paid his fair share of taxes, or the extent of his foreign financial entanglements.

He speaks recklessly. In the days after the Republican convention, Trump invited Russian hackers to interfere with an American election by releasing Hillary Clinton’s emails, and he raised the prospect of “Second Amendment people” preventing the Democratic nominee from appointing liberal justices. It’s hard to imagine two more irresponsible statements from one presidential candidate.

He has coarsened the national dialogue. Did you ever imagine that a presidential candidate would discuss the size of his genitalia during a nationally televised Republican debate? Neither did we. Did you ever imagine a presidential candidate, one who avoided service in the military, would criticize Gold Star parents who lost a son in Iraq? Neither did we. Did you ever imagine you’d see a presidential candidate mock a disabled reporter? Neither did we. Trump’s inability or unwillingness to ignore criticism raises the specter of a president who, like Richard Nixon, would create enemies’ lists and be consumed with getting even with his critics.

He’s a serial liar. Although polls show that Clinton is considered less honest and trustworthy than Trump, it’s not even a close contest. Trump is in a league of his own when it comes to the quality and quantity of his misstatements. When confronted with a falsehood, such as his assertion that he was always against the Iraq War, Trump’s reaction is to use the Big Lie technique of repeating it so often that people begin to believe it.

We are not unmindful of the issues that Trump’s campaign has exploited: the disappearance of working-class jobs; excessive political correctness; the direction of the Supreme Court; urban unrest and street violence; the rise of the Islamic State terrorist group; gridlock in Washington and the influence of moneyed interests. All are legitimate sources of concern.

If Trump is unfit for the presidency, then logically Hillary is unqualified, unsuitable, inappropriate, unequipped, inadequate, and very very very UNHEALTHY in mind and body.

The MSM dupes libs and progs EVERY time. One would think they would see the fraud at least once in awhile, but no.
Get ready for 4 more years only instead of Obama it'll be hillary
I do not doubt the American people are dumb enough to do that. The establishment, 1%, and the billionaire class will get their girl, at the expense of 90% of Americans. Oh well...can't fix stupid.
Funny you never seem to mind when the The establishment, 1%, and the billionaire class support the GOP.
I most certainly do...you apparently are uninformed. I doubt you will find anyone more anti-establishment than me...which is why I can't vote for the establishment's candidate...your girl Cankles.

There is little difference between the two parties, but many libs and cons don't see it. However libs are regularly propagandized by the old media into believing all sorts of ignorance. For example, millions of libs REALLY believe Rs and Trump are Nazis, racist, homophobes, sexists, xenophobes, Islamaphobes, etc because the old media tells them it is so. They post such idiocy every day on this forum.

He is erratic. Trump has been on so many sides of so many issues that attempting to assess his policy positions is like shooting at a moving target. A list prepared by NBC details 124 shifts by Trump on 20 major issues since shortly before he entered the race. He simply spouts slogans and outcomes (he’d replace Obamacare with “something terrific”) without any credible explanations of how he’d achieve them.

He is ill-equipped to be commander in chief. Trump’s foreign policy pronouncements typically range from uninformed to incoherent. It’s not just Democrats who say this. Scores of Republican national security leaders have signed an extraordinary open letter calling Trump’s foreign policy vision “wildly inconsistent and unmoored in principle.” In a Wall Street Journal column this month, Robert Gates, the highly respected former Defense secretary who served presidents of both parties over a half-century, described Trump as “beyond repair.”

He traffics in prejudice. From the very beginning, Trump has built his campaign on appeals to bigotry and xenophobia, whipping up resentment against Mexicans, Muslims and migrants. His proposals for mass deportations and religious tests are unworkable and contrary to America’s ideals.

Trump has stirred racist sentiments in ways that can’t be erased by his belated and clumsy outreach to African Americans. His attacks on an Indiana-born federal judge of Mexican heritage fit “the textbook definition of a racist comment,” according to House Speaker Paul Ryan, the highest-ranking elected official in the Republican Party. And for five years, Trump fanned the absurd “birther” movement that falsely questioned the legitimacy of the nation’s first black president.

His business career is checkered. Trump has built his candidacy on his achievements as a real estate developer and entrepreneur. It’s a shaky scaffold, starting with a 1973 Justice Department suit against Trump and his father for systematically discriminating against blacks in housing rentals. (The Trumps fought the suit but later settled on terms that were viewed as a government victory.) Trump’s companies have had some spectacular financial successes, but this track record is marred by six bankruptcy filings, apparent misuse of the family’s charitable foundation, and allegations by Trump University customers of fraud. A series of investigative articles published by the USA TODAY Network found that Trump has been involved in thousands of lawsuits over the past three decades, including at least 60 that involved small businesses and contract employees who said they were stiffed. So much for being a champion of the little guy.

He isn’t leveling with the American people. Is Trump as rich as he says? No one knows, in part because, alone among major party presidential candidates for the past four decades, he refuses to release his tax returns. Nor do we know whether he has paid his fair share of taxes, or the extent of his foreign financial entanglements.

He speaks recklessly. In the days after the Republican convention, Trump invited Russian hackers to interfere with an American election by releasing Hillary Clinton’s emails, and he raised the prospect of “Second Amendment people” preventing the Democratic nominee from appointing liberal justices. It’s hard to imagine two more irresponsible statements from one presidential candidate.

He has coarsened the national dialogue. Did you ever imagine that a presidential candidate would discuss the size of his genitalia during a nationally televised Republican debate? Neither did we. Did you ever imagine a presidential candidate, one who avoided service in the military, would criticize Gold Star parents who lost a son in Iraq? Neither did we. Did you ever imagine you’d see a presidential candidate mock a disabled reporter? Neither did we. Trump’s inability or unwillingness to ignore criticism raises the specter of a president who, like Richard Nixon, would create enemies’ lists and be consumed with getting even with his critics.

He’s a serial liar. Although polls show that Clinton is considered less honest and trustworthy than Trump, it’s not even a close contest. Trump is in a league of his own when it comes to the quality and quantity of his misstatements. When confronted with a falsehood, such as his assertion that he was always against the Iraq War, Trump’s reaction is to use the Big Lie technique of repeating it so often that people begin to believe it.

We are not unmindful of the issues that Trump’s campaign has exploited: the disappearance of working-class jobs; excessive political correctness; the direction of the Supreme Court; urban unrest and street violence; the rise of the Islamic State terrorist group; gridlock in Washington and the influence of moneyed interests. All are legitimate sources of concern.

Let's forget the opinions of journalist hacks. clinton's compromising America's security on the email system should render her unfit for office, if not for jail. You can find some military men who say Trump's unfit. I can counter with military men on Trump's side.

The debate was Trump vs hillary and her trained monkey. Not a fair contest.

Let's forget the opinions of journalist hacks. clinton's compromising America's security on the email system should render her unfit for office, if not for jail. You can find some military men who say Trump's unfit. I can counter with military men on Trump's side.
Investigated and charges were found unwarranted

So unfair for the racist pieces of shit.

Which is it?

1. Mishandling Classified Information

Executive Order 13526 and 18 U.S.C Sec. 793(f) of the federal code make it unlawful to send of store classified information on personal email. Casey Harper at The Daily Caller delved into this angle:

"'By using a private email system, Secretary Clinton violated the Federal Records Act and the State Department’s Foreign Affairs Manual regarding records management, and worse, could have left classified and top secret documents vulnerable to cyber attack,' Cause of Action Executive Director Dan Epstein said in an email to reporters.

'This is an egregious violation of the law, and if it were anyone else, they could be facing fines and criminal prosecution.'”

Harper goes on to point out that multiple violations of this law have been enforced recently, including in 1999, when former CIA Director John M. Deutch's security clearance was suspended for using his personal email to send classified information.

Additionally, this past week, Gen. David Patraeus pleaded guilty for mishandling classified information by using a Gmail account instead of his official government email.

2. Violation of The 2009 Federal Records Act

Section 1236.22 of the 2009 National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) requirements states that:

"Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system."

According to the original story on Clinton's emails published in The New York Times:

"Federal regulations, since 2009, have required that all emails be preserved as part of an agency’s record-keeping system. In Mrs. Clinton’s case, her emails were kept on her personal account and her staff took no steps to have them preserved as part of State Department record.

In response to a State Department request, Mrs. Clinton’s advisers, late last year, reviewed her account and decided which emails to turn over to the State Department."

The fact that the State Department combs through the 55,000 pages of emails sent on Clinton's private email account seems to verify that at least some of the emails Clinton sent contained classified information.

3. Violation of the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)

Veterans for a Strong America has filed a lawsuit against the State Department over potential violations of FOIA. Joel Arends, chairman of the non-profit group, explained to the Washington Examiner that their FOIA request over the Benghazi affair specifically asked for any personal email accounts Secretary Clinton may have used:

"'At this point in time, I think we're the only ones that specifically asked for both her personal and government email and phone logs,' Arends said of his group's Benghazi-related request."

No charges. No indictment. No point.
Yeah you are fine with Hillary being above the law, but if she were an R, you would screaming off with her head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not above the law at all. Due process found no crime.

I accept the investigation and the conclusions reached. You do not.

It's your problem that you have been blinded by your own cynicism.

Which is it?

I live in the real world.
Your dark little cynical world requires a conspiracy to explain what you see.

I failed to include another category.

Both ignorant and crazed partisan...you two fall into this category.

So unfair for the racist pieces of shit.

RACIST!!!!!

Forum List

Back