USMB Abortion poll

Where do you stand on abortion?

• Never ever, no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other with explanation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, when we have one law that recognizes a child in the womb as a person/ murder victim. . . but says they are not to be protected if their mother wants them dead. . .

I can't help but see that as contrary to what the Constitution requires.

the subject is what an individual chooses to do to themselves is not the same as when someone else chooses to do the same "to" someone without their consent is unlawful, is all the law is saying.

There is arguably more than one person involved where abortions are concerned.
no there is not, as stated before there is no difference from sanctioned abstention from sex and abortion the result is the same.

I can show you images of children killed by abortions. Can you present any images of children killed by abstention?

No?

I didn't think so.

When do the unborn babies get their rights? So some dumbass woman is too stupid to use proper birth control and she gets pregnant.

Murder is the solution for her stupidity. Hell, why not wait till the kid is 5-6 years old and kill him then? Why not wait till he graduates High School and off him then?

Sorry, but the options are not realistic. You lefties believe that a "fetus" (that term makes it less "personal" to you) isn't a "human" until it's born. That nonsense has been disproven by medical science, but you will not accept it.

So, since the idiot couldn't use simple birth control, and since the "rights" of the mother trump the "rights" of the unborn, the mother should be able to kill the child forever. Hell, why not? That would be right up your alleys, wouldn't it?
The fetus does not have legal personhood until birth. After birth, the child has rights. Not before. Don't know why this is such a difficult concept to understand.

What is difficult for me to understand is how you are unable to grasp how idiotic it is for you to cite the status quo that is being challenged as though it is the final word unto itself and therfore can NOT be challenged.

Yours is a classic appeal to authority and appeal to tradition tactic.

Last edited:
When do the unborn babies get their rights? So some dumbass woman is too stupid to use proper birth control and she gets pregnant.

Murder is the solution for her stupidity. Hell, why not wait till the kid is 5-6 years old and kill him then? Why not wait till he graduates High School and off him then?

Sorry, but the options are not realistic. You lefties believe that a "fetus" (that term makes it less "personal" to you) isn't a "human" until it's born. That nonsense has been disproven by medical science, but you will not accept it.

So, since the idiot couldn't use simple birth control, and since the "rights" of the mother trump the "rights" of the unborn, the mother should be able to kill the child forever. Hell, why not? That would be right up your alleys, wouldn't it?
The fetus does not have legal personhood until birth. After birth, the child has rights. Not before. Don't know why this is such a difficult concept to understand.

What is difficult for me to understand is how you are unable to grasp how idiotic it is for you to cite the status quo that is being challenged as though it is the final word unto itself and therfore can NOT be challenged.

Yours is a classic appeal to authority append tradition tactic.
The status quo is what makes sense to me, and apparently most other people. Else it wouldn't be the status quo. Apparently you think the point of personhood should be the moment dad came. Good luck convincing everyone about that.

Yours is a classic appeal to authority append tradition tactic.
The status quo is what makes sense to me, and apparently most other people. Else it wouldn't be the status quo. Apparently you think the point of personhood should be the moment dad came. Good luck convincing everyone about that.

Conception was the event and the moment that your biological father became your biological parent.

That's a biological fact.

Likewise, your aging, growth and development began at conception.

That too is a biological fact.

The status quo does not reflect either one of those facts.

"Conception was the event and the moment" a fetus became a fetus. Nothing more.

"Other, with explanation"

First trimester only, for any reason, but only after mandatory counseling.

Furthermore... reserve an ability to abort at any time due to verifiable life- or health- endangering concerns.

because its biologically illogical.

that's your OPINION. nothing more.

Question: do other people's opinions count, or is only yours valid?
It's your opinion and nothing more.

That's the point.

exactly, the abortion issue is the one issue where both sides refuse to compromise. Either an unborn child is a human being or its not.

you use the word "fetus" as if that makes it something less than human. But you also say that abortion should be allowed only early in a pregnancy.

So, tell us what magically happens at month 6 or 7 that changes it from a fetus to a person. this is the heart of the issue, you need to offer a cogent answer or STFU.

Redfish, believe all you want. I don't care what you think is the point. Or what those who think like you. Your opinion does not matter to me.

Redfish, believe all you want. I don't care what you think is the point. Or what those who think like you. Your opinion does not matter to me.

Got it, you cant answer the real question of the debate so you revert to childish insults and meaningless BS.

We all know who and what you are. Your opinions are of zero value because they come from a talking point mill funded by Soros.

Got it, because there is no need to debate. You don't have the courts, you don't have the votes.

That's the point.

exactly, the abortion issue is the one issue where both sides refuse to compromise. Either an unborn child is a human being or its not.

you use the word "fetus" as if that makes it something less than human. But you also say that abortion should be allowed only early in a pregnancy.

So, tell us what magically happens at month 6 or 7 that changes it from a fetus to a person. this is the heart of the issue, you need to offer a cogent answer or STFU.

A fetus by definition is less than human. If it's not fully developed than it's not a human any more than a tadpole is a frog.

I believe the first trimester should be the only window for elective procedures mostly because I think it will protect choice going foreward by eliminating part of the arguments from lifers.

Got it, because there is no need to debate. You don't have the courts, you don't have the votes.

Just because something is legal does not make it morally or biologically right.

But you are free to hold your views and I am free to hold mine. As with all societal issues, the society as a whole should decide what the society considers right and wrong, and those views can change over time.

You and I won't solve this or agree on it. We will see what our society decides over time. Until then, you are just pissing into the wind.

That's the point.

A fetus by definition is less than human. If it's not fully developed than it's not a human any more than a tadpole is a frog.

that's your opinion, nothing more.

That's the point.

No it's science. That's why there are different names for each stage of development.

That's the point.

No it's science. That's why there are different names for each stage of development.

there is no scientific proof of when life begins. The Chinese consider a person to be a year old at birth. Are they wrong?

Our US laws charge a person who murders a pregnant woman with two counts of murder. Are our laws wrong?

That's the point.

there is no scientific proof of when life begins. The Chinese consider a person to be a year old at birth. Are they wrong?

Our US laws charge a person who murders a pregnant woman with two counts of murder. Are our laws wrong?

No, pretty much just you.

Forum List

Back