USMB Abortion poll

Where do you stand on abortion?

• Never ever, no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other with explanation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
that's your OPINION. nothing more.

Question: do other people's opinions count, or is only yours valid?
It's your opinion and nothing more.

That's the point.

exactly, the abortion issue is the one issue where both sides refuse to compromise. Either an unborn child is a human being or its not.

you use the word "fetus" as if that makes it something less than human. But you also say that abortion should be allowed only early in a pregnancy.

So, tell us what magically happens at month 6 or 7 that changes it from a fetus to a person. this is the heart of the issue, you need to offer a cogent answer or STFU.

A fetus by definition is less than human. If it's not fully developed than it's not a human any more than a tadpole is a frog.

I believe the first trimester should be the only window for elective procedures mostly because I think it will protect choice going foreward by eliminating part of the arguments from lifers.

Biology 101

Tadpoles and frogs undergo metamorpohis where they live as separate and independent organisms within their life cycle.

Human beings (as most if not all other mammals) do not.

So, to compare a child in the womb to a tadpole is to compare apples to oranges.

The point was the process is unfinished. Not the type of process . Nice try though.

The process that creates a child is called conception. The following Pregnancy is a growth process.

Amazing how so many people get them confused.

That's the point.

exactly, the abortion issue is the one issue where both sides refuse to compromise. Either an unborn child is a human being or its not.

you use the word "fetus" as if that makes it something less than human. But you also say that abortion should be allowed only early in a pregnancy.

So, tell us what magically happens at month 6 or 7 that changes it from a fetus to a person. this is the heart of the issue, you need to offer a cogent answer or STFU.

A fetus by definition is less than human. If it's not fully developed than it's not a human any more than a tadpole is a frog.

I believe the first trimester should be the only window for elective procedures mostly because I think it will protect choice going foreward by eliminating part of the arguments from lifers.

Biology 101

Tadpoles and frogs undergo metamorpohis where they live as separate and independent organisms within their life cycle.

So, to compare a child in the womb to a tadpole is to compare apples to oranges.

The point was the process is unfinished. Not the type of process . Nice try though.

The process that creates a child is called conception. The following Pregnancy is a growth process.

When you take Biology courses you will find out that there is a final "fetal stage" not a "baby stage"

While a fetus the woman is in full and total control.

'nuff said, over and out.

That's the point.

Biology 101

I'm not confused at all despite your efforts.

Biology 101

I'm not confused at all despite your efforts.
Chuz is confused.

So, when we have one law that recognizes a child in the womb as a person/ murder victim. . . but says they are not to be protected if their mother wants them dead. . .

I can't help but see that as contrary to what the Constitution requires.

the subject is what an individual chooses to do to themselves is not the same as when someone else chooses to do the same "to" someone without their consent is unlawful, is all the law is saying.

There is arguably more than one person involved where abortions are concerned.
no there is not, as stated before there is no difference from sanctioned abstention from sex and abortion the result is the same.

I can show you images of children killed by abortions. Can you present any images of children killed by abstention?

No?

I didn't think so.
The result is the same and derived through choice, you simply haven't your physical evidence to cling to.

your line of reasoning results in anything short of continuous intercourse is a crime against embryonic development as a requirement and prosecutional without compliance.

your conclusion is any couples without children are criminals.

Biology 101

When you take Biology courses you will find out that there is a final "fetal stage" not a "baby stage"

LOL

Buh bye.

that's your opinion, nothing more.

No it's science. That's why there are different names for each stage of development.

there is no scientific proof of when life begins. The Chinese consider a person to be a year old at birth. Are they wrong?

Our US laws charge a person who murders a pregnant woman with two counts of murder. Are our laws wrong?

No, pretty much just you.

typical lib reply, when you have no answer, hurl shit.

You hurled the shit. I responded accordingly.

what I said: " there is no scientific proof of when life begins. The Chinese consider a person to be a year old at birth. Are they wrong?

Our US laws charge a person who murders a pregnant woman with two counts of murder. Are our laws wrong?"

asking legitimate questions is not hurling shit. You hurled shit because you had no answers.

Biology 101

does the mother not have full control over a 1 year old child? Should she be able to kill him/her is she finds the child inconvenient?

does the mother not have full control over a 1 year old child? Should she be able to ki

In case you have missed reading about child abuse cases where the child was killed, it happens regularly.

Or are you under the impression that forcing a woman to.have a child she don't want will.make her a kind loving parent?

Suggesting that a fetus has the same rights as a one year old child is silly.

Fetal homicide charges are leveled against a 3rd party, not the mother.

read the sequence of posts, I was responding to someone else.

But since you jumped in, why do US laws in every state and the federal statutes assess two counts of murder when a pregnant woman is killed?

The bottom line here is that the country remains divided on the issue of abortion, and most likely always will be divided on it. When a society is faced with situations like this, the members of the society vote, and the majority view becomes law. That's how civilization works.

I am willing to accept the will of the majority of US citizens, are you?

does the mother not have full control over a 1 year old child? Should she be able to ki

In case you have missed reading about child abuse cases where the child was killed, it happens regularly.

Or are you under the impression that forcing a woman to.have a child she don't want will.make her a kind loving parent?

let a childless couple who want a child adopt it. I don't understand the liberal mind, you want to kill unborn helpless children but you feel sorry for terrorists who murder innocent adults and children.

Liberalism is truly a mental disease.

read the sequence of posts, I was responding to someone else.

But since you jumped in, why do US laws in every state and the federal statutes assess two counts of murder when a pregnant woman is killed?

The bottom line here is that the country remains divided on the issue of abortion, and most likely always will be divided on it. When a society is faced with situations like this, the members of the society vote, and the majority view becomes law. That's how civilization works.

I am willing to accept the will of the majority of US citizens, are you?
I can respond to anyone. Sure, as long as government does not violate a women's privacy, and the great majority believe in some form of government approved and regulated abortion.

let a childless couple who want a child adopt it. I don't understand the liberal mind, you want to kill unborn helpless children but you feel sorry for terrorists who murder innocent adults and children.

Liberalism is truly a mental disease.
The mental disease is thinking a feus upon conception is a person.

First and Second trimesters: abortion should be allowed without question of motive.

Third Trimester: only in cases of rape, incest, where the mother's life is at stake, or birth/genetic defect.

Why third trimester in cases of rape or incest?

First and Second trimesters: abortion should be allowed without question of motive.

Third Trimester: only in cases of rape, incest, where the mother's life is at stake, or birth/genetic defect.

It's a not-completely-arbitrary-but-easily-acceptable-for-most-people boundary between an undeveloped fetus without any kind of consciousness and what might be a feeling infant inside the womb.

So if a woman is raped but doesn't decide that she doesn't want to bring the resulting pregnancy to term until the third trimester, she can still terminate the pregnancy. Same with pregnancies of incestuous union.

It's a not-completely-arbitrary-but-easily-acceptable-for-most-people boundary between an undeveloped fetus without any kind of consciousness and what might be a feeling infant inside the womb.

So if a woman is raped but doesn't decide that she doesn't want to bring the resulting pregnancy to term until the third trimester, she can still terminate the pregnancy. Same with pregnancies of incestuous union.

So there's no medical reason? You just want longer to decide? If that's the case then I need to go with first trimester or none.

So there's no medical reason? You just want longer to decide? If that's the case then I need to go with first trimester or none.

Abortion isn't just a medical issue. It should be, but conservatives have made it a political one.

A woman made pregnant from rape may not want to abort at first but then change her mind, or change her mind numerous times back and forth, but it doesn't matter: she should have the choice whether to bring the pregnancy to term or to abort without government interference.

We might even see a reduction in the plague of bastardy, as people start taking their reproductive behavior more seriously. Who knows?

I take it you are all for poor people having as many kids as they want to increase their welfare payments. SNAP amount. Or even the increase in the EITC for those working.

Why? All those kids you don't want aborted. Democrats.
Republicans have their women in check and they never have abortions. Right?

Quit worrying about someone else's business. It may not work out the way you think it will.

When someone else's choices affect me, it becomes my business. When a woman chooses not to have an abortion but to have kids she can't support, the choice she told me to butt out of now becomes one for which I, as a taxpayer, am forced to be a part of. Suddenly, something that wasn't my concern is now, in part, my responsibility. If the choice isn't my business, the results aren't either.

Forum List

Back