USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
You know -- I saw that story when it aired, as a toddler, and for a long time I thought that's where spaghetti came from. :redface:

From the video description:
>> The Swiss Spaghetti Harvest hoax generated an enormous response. Hundreds of people phoned the BBC wanting to know how they could grow their own spaghetti tree. To this query the BBC diplomatically replied, Place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best. <<

Pogo, I stopped by the MINI dealership to check out the latest models. Since the new Honda Fit is bigger than before and MINI has a 3 cylinder model you might want to give both a test drive first.

Fuel for thought, thanks DT.

What I don't care for in the MINI experience -- the dealers (conveniently located at 500 mile intervals) like to play the game, "ah, you've got a headlight out -- we'll have to replace the whole quarter panel. That'll be $4862".

:eek: Never had that happen to me. They must see you coming. In fact they have replaced bulbs for me without any charge at all. The only time anything remotely similar occurred was when they invited me for a full inspection on my 8 year old 2003 model. They recommended $6k worth of work on the car although they didn't say that I needed to do any of it immediately. In essence they were just pointing out that keeping the car for much longer was going to mean putting money into it. I appreciated the heads up and sold it for 50% of what I originally paid for it.

Then I'm moving in with you, cause its still effin winter here....60 degrees! In mid April! Spring is supposed to be between 81 and 93.569113 degrees!

Tomorrow, 71, Monday 77 and that is getting a little too warm for me.

Same here. 70 is my top of acceptable. Mid-50's is my comfort zone, and fall is my favorite season.

Me three. Once I start to glisten (I wish, I sweat) I'm miserable. I'll miss the cold, winter is my favorite.

Then I'm moving in with you, cause its still effin winter here....60 degrees! In mid April! Spring is supposed to be between 81 and 93.569113 degrees!

Same here. 70 is my top of acceptable. Mid-50's is my comfort zone, and fall is my favorite season.

My sisters are always cold, 90 degree heat is ok with them.

Saw this, reminded me of Becki.

213a0d95ef2c4236a45eea05d3bf961e.jpg

Pogo, I stopped by the MINI dealership to check out the latest models. Since the new Honda Fit is bigger than before and MINI has a 3 cylinder model you might want to give both a test drive first.

Fuel for thought, thanks DT.

What I don't care for in the MINI experience -- the dealers (conveniently located at 500 mile intervals) like to play the game, "ah, you've got a headlight out -- we'll have to replace the whole quarter panel. That'll be $4862".

:eek: Never had that happen to me. They must see you coming. In fact they have replaced bulbs for me without any charge at all. The only time anything remotely similar occurred was when they invited me for a full inspection on my 8 year old 2003 model. They recommended $6k worth of work on the car although they didn't say that I needed to do any of it immediately. In essence they were just pointing out that keeping the car for much longer was going to mean putting money into it. I appreciated the heads up and sold it for 50% of what I originally paid for it.

Of course I'm exaggerating with the headlight thing -- but not much. I've had them tell me they need to replace the whole center control panel on the basis that the power window doesn't stay moving unless you hold it; that they have to replace the steering wheel when I asked about a bit of trim that's not quite flush; and that they'd have to replace the sun visors because the little plastic lens cover came off.

I just don't ask questions any more.

Wow, its still winter where you are too! I'm canceling the plane tickets!

You think the 70s is still winter? Where are you? :D
More like, where am I from....where I live, it gets civilized 'weatherwise" around August! lol

In Sacramento, they have already been in the 90's and are in the 80's mostly since late March...Right now, they are experiencing late winter at 76 degrees. lol

loading up the car and heading back home. a productive weekend down here, now I get to go home an do a little more lol. believe it or not with all the cold, I think the grass will need cutting
Yeah I'm just waiting for this local show on the radio where people get to call in and sell or buy three items. After that I'm back outside for some more yard work. I did sleep like a log last night just like I figured.

I found a nice 16' flat bottom john boat with a 25hp Merc on it, trolling motor, built in cooler, live well, fishing pole holders, the works, and on a nice trailer. They're asking $3,980. I'm real tempted to make an offer on it...
http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsd...=1&etid=1&pcid=2001005442&OHID=4806483&lp=TRK

They're decent little boats. I have a 14' flat bottom Jon with and 8.8 hp. I haven't used that boat in years. I no longer have a vehicle to tow it with.

So I went grocery shopping today and paid $6 a pound for ground beef. I was spitting fire. Reminds me of the time we were driving on the Pennsylvania turnpike and we stopped to get gas. Left the gas station and my Dad is driving down the road pounding the steering wheel, pissed because he just paid 39 cents a gallon. And I paid 59 cents a pound for bananas. I remember when they were 11 pounds for a dollar.

So I went grocery shopping today and paid $6 a pound for ground beef. I was spitting fire. Reminds me of the time we were driving on the Pennsylvania turnpike and we stopped to get gas. Left the gas station and my Dad is driving down the road pounding the steering wheel, pissed because he just paid 39 cents a gallon. And I paid 59 cents a pound for bananas. I remember when they were 11 pounds for a dollar.

Yabbut -- that was a whole different dollar.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg&#8217;s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo&#8217;s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk&#8217;s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi&#8217;s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila&#8217;s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Derideo_Te, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry&#8217;s Mom,
BDBoop and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki&#8217;s hubby,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, Sunshine, and 007.

Lily-Light-285960.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back