USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought it was an uprooted thread

I see the trees around it are upright but that focus point doesn't look right.

look at it this way

3-240414134141.jpeg

That's cheating...........

Anyway, started my outside walking today....went from 20 minutes on the treadmill 3 times a week if i was lucky.( This was all winter)

All the way 2 32 minutes outside today. I almost cut it short and head back so it would have been closer to 20 minutes but I hadn't walked around in so long I had to go the extra block. Tomorrow I'll go the other direction and maybe hit PA.

Raining outside here and just a little bit cool. Makes me sleepy. Think I will get in the recliner with Taco and watch some tvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

In addition to doing medical taxi duty this week, Hombre's volunteer services at the hospital, and three different service type guys (AC man, yard man, and electrician) coming or scheduled this week, we have had a steady steam of folks coming to the front door peddling something--cable/internet/phone companies, window replacement guys, security system people, kids selling stuff for school projects or sports teams etc.. And because so many folks have been invited, you feel you almost have to answer the door just in case. . . .

So I just saw this that my niece posted and wonder if it would help? (I would like to change the 'free beer' to 'free candy' or something though:

1975154_10152119949643801_193429010_n.jpg

As soon as you post that sign and they go ahead and ring the doorbell they are guilty of soliciting.

No soliciting signs means that it is illegal to ring the doorbell since that constitutes soliciting. It doesn't matter if they aren't selling anything either. So if it was me I would just add that I call the cops on solicitors and they will be arrested for trespassing if they don't leave.

In addition to doing medical taxi duty this week, Hombre's volunteer services at the hospital, and three different service type guys (AC man, yard man, and electrician) coming or scheduled this week, we have had a steady steam of folks coming to the front door peddling something--cable/internet/phone companies, window replacement guys, security system people, kids selling stuff for school projects or sports teams etc.. And because so many folks have been invited, you feel you almost have to answer the door just in case. . . .

So I just saw this that my niece posted and wonder if it would help? (I would like to change the 'free beer' to 'free candy' or something though:

As soon as you post that sign and they go ahead and ring the doorbell they are guilty of soliciting.

No soliciting signs means that it is illegal to ring the doorbell since that constitutes soliciting. It doesn't matter if they aren't selling anything either. So if it was me I would just add that I call the cops on solicitors and they will be arrested for trespassing if they don't leave.
I would consider putting up the following sign ... :badgrin:
beware_owner.jpg

Yeah, but I just can't do it you know? It just looks so unfriendly when it's posted. I can't even be snotty to the telephone solicitors, even the ones who are flat out scams, UNLESS they don't take no for an answer. But I'm sure getting good at being able to say no thanks to everybody.

The only ones I really kind of resent are relatives or relatives of friends who have never made a phone call, never bothered to stop by and say 'hi' at a family gathering or otherwise give us the time of day in any way, but then we receive the invitation to the wedding or the baby shower or something else we're expected to spend money on. I suppose I shouldn't feel ungracious about that, but I do. :(

Last edited:

Yeah, but I just can't do it you know? It just looks so unfriendly when it's posted. I can't even be snotty to the telephone solicitors, even the ones who are flat out scams, UNLESS they don't take no for an answer. But I'm sure getting good at being able to say no thanks to everybody.

The only ones I really kind of resent are relatives or relatives of friends who have never made a phone call, never bothered to stop by and say 'hi' at a family gathering or otherwise give us the time of day in any way, but then we receive the invitation to the wedding or the baby shower or something else we're expected to spend money on. I suppose I shouldn't feel ungracious about that, but I do. :(
Kidding aside, I agree that any of those signs are silly. I do not see myself ever putting one up, I don't want to be known as the neighborhood meanie. If anyone comes to solicit, and I realize that it's a scam, I politely tell them that I'm not interested. However, if someone is offering service that I can use (like pro carpet cleaners) either on the phone or door to door, and it's legit, I will obtain their services.

beware_owner.jpg

I can't picture you being vicious...Jughead....:eusa_whistle:

Is it difficult to use? I bought Hombre the software more than a year ago, but he has never loaded it onto his computer yet. So I'm thinking I might load it on mine if I'm not too much tech challenged to figure it out.
Photoshop is the gold standard when it comes to image editing, but it does have a very steep learning curve.

Morning peeps. Be afraid, be very afraid. I have Photoshop and I'm not afraid to use it!

muaahahahahah......*coughcough*

LOL

I was playing around thinking of getting a tattoo by My own design. Was thinking that a Phoenix would be kind of cool, but I don't want the usual tatoo designs. So, I thought, hey, what if I dressed up an American Bald Eagle as a Phoenix and then give it some flames? Might look cool...

Like I said..it might. But I yet lack the skill to put flames on the damned bird!! LOL

I did manage to get the colors I wanted though...

Here is the original taken from "The Birds of Corpus Christy"

And of course, the Phoenix without flames...

Is it difficult to use? I bought Hombre the software more than a year ago, but he has never loaded it onto his computer yet. So I'm thinking I might load it on mine if I'm not too much tech challenged to figure it out.

doing the basic stuff is pretty easy. i figured it out with no instruction or without ever having a manual. but i only do the real basic stuff.
Pretty much what I've been doing as well. Mostly color adjustment, some hue and saturation changes, working with layers and masks.

beware_owner.jpg

I can't picture you being vicious...Jughead....:eusa_whistle:
Well ... I was on the wrestling team in high school. Does that count? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back