USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for my ekg today, results will be in next week sometime. I had my bone density scan a few days ago, results are in, good bone density. :D

Gotta love your Palindrome rep 14041! :thup:

Saw my doctor this morning on the way back from working out. He wasn't happy about my LDL but since it is moving in the right direction he didn't increase the meds. The goal is to get off them entirely.

Speaking of working out I did my new regimen today and I am feeling it. Always takes a while for the unused muscles to wake up and get moving again. Primarily my shoulders and back but not back pain, just soreness from being used.

Yesterday I found myself trying to run up the stairs. That is always a good sign for me because it means that I feeling fit. Not too shabby for someone pushing 62 to be running up the stairs.

/throws out shoulder trying to pat myself on the back :badgrin:

Right now I am just happy that it is Friday and past 5 pm so I am going to pour myself a nice 1800 on the rocks. If I start slurring my posts that will be the reason. :eusa_whistle:

Today's my lucky day!

Hmm! I have received a letter purporting to be from the People's postcode lottery telling me I have won £825,000. But I have never purchased a ticket for the people's postcode lottery, so how could I have won. It screams scam.

Next you'll get a letter telling you that you have to send in $$$$ in order for the money to be sent to you.....if it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck...it is a duck....:)

Scams like that just run off my back like a duck's water! :eusa_whistle:

Yesterday I got the call from the guy with the strong foreign accept calling to tell me they had spotted problems with my computer, of course that would be followed by a pricey offer to 'fix' the problems. I said I was pretty sure my computer was just fine but how did he break through Apple's security? He advised that they are authorized contractors for Apple as well as all other operating systems and he just wanted to help. I then advised him that I wasn't using an Apple system. He hung up first---for the first time ever. :)

Someone called here yesterday claiming they were askind for donations to the police department. Hubby was on the phone and said he appreciated what police do, but we have no money. The guy kept talking and getting more forceful, so he held out the phone so I could hear. After the guy took a break from reading the crap he was reading, I hollered towards the phone "when you stop killing folks dogs, we might be able to dredge up a bone or two for ya" and the guy hung up.

Next you'll get a letter telling you that you have to send in $$$$ in order for the money to be sent to you.....if it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck...it is a duck....:)

Yesterday I got the call from the guy with the strong foreign accept calling to tell me they had spotted problems with my computer, of course that would be followed by a pricey offer to 'fix' the problems. I said I was pretty sure my computer was just fine but how did he break through Apple's security? He advised that they are authorized contractors for Apple as well as all other operating systems and he just wanted to help. I then advised him that I wasn't using an Apple system. He hung up first---for the first time ever. :)

They are doing the same thing using Microsoft.
I have gotten several calls, they all have heavy accents and say that I have a problem with my computer. I always tell them no I don't because I just got it back from the shop, even though I didn't. :D
Then they get very confused and hang up. :lol:

I have gotten several calls, they all have heavy accents and say that I have a problem with my computer. I always tell them no I don't because I just got it back from the shop, even though I didn't. :D

Well actually I use Windows 8.1 He only said he was an Apple contractor because I asked the question specific to Apple. I didn't lie to him either. Just asked the question. :) But yeah, it doesn't matter what operating system you use, they will be authorized contractors for it. So its either to sell a service you don't need or to gain access to your computer on a phishing expedition. Either way, nobody should EVER give somebody like that access to your computer.

:lol:

So when one of these sales types manages to make it through to me I stop them by asking for their name. Then I ask them which credit card they are going to be using today because I charge $500/hr for the 1st hour and $400 for each following hour or part thereof. I take Visa, MC and Amex. So how do they want to pay?

They can't hang up quick enough for some reason! :eusa_whistle:

This happened to my uncle. He never owned a computer in his life, and at his age he doesn't intend to purchase one anytime soon. At first when he received the call, he initially assumed it was a wrong number, and had no clue what the guy was talking about. When my uncle told him he had no computer, the guy hung up!

I home schooled my oldest for a few years. Put him back in school for highschool thinking I wasn't good enough at teaching those subjects. He now says he wished I'd taught him though high school.

It doesn't take as much to home school as you think. You can even join co-ops and take turns teaching kids your strongest subjects.

That's what I told her. She says that most of the kids on her block are either home-schooled or are in private school. That might suggest that the school administration may not be very responsive when cases like this occur.

Parents of children who bully seldom see it or will do anything about it if brought to their attention. Zero tolerance bs in schools does not address bad behavior, it simply puts all involved in the same boat which only creates a bigger problem.

Some people really shouldn't be parents. Years ago I made the mistake of taking my son to an egg hunt at the local Albertson's. They divided the area according to age. My son was 5. He was diligently hunting for eggs and putting them in his basket when a 12 year old jumped from her area and stole eggs out of his basket. I told her mother and couldn't believe the response. She didn't defend her little one saying her daughter wasn't capable of stealing from someone less than 1/2 her age. She simply said, "There's more in there!" As if he daughter had every right to steal from my son. Never took my son to another public Easter egg hunt.

Scam warning.

Over the past month i became a victim of a scam while shopping at the grocery store.
Here's how it works.
Two seriously good looking 20 to 25 year olds girls come to your car as you are packing your groceries into your trunk.
They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and windex, almost falling out of their skimpy tee-shirts.
It is next to impossible not to look. When they are done you thank them and offer a tip. They say no but ask for a ride to another shopping center.
You agree and they get in the back seat, but on the way they start flirting. One of them eventually climbs over the seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other steals your wallet.
I've had my wallet stolen March 4th, 7th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th, and we won't even mention April.
So be careful and be aware.

BTW Walmart has wallets on sale for $2.99.

Same thing happened to me. Now Mrs. BBD won't let me go to Walmart by myself.

You two should really take it on the road. I'd pay to see it. :lol:

Well actually I use Windows 8.1 He only said he was an Apple contractor because I asked the question specific to Apple. I didn't lie to him either. Just asked the question. :) But yeah, it doesn't matter what operating system you use, they will be authorized contractors for it. So its either to sell a service you don't need or to gain access to your computer on a phishing expedition. Either way, nobody should EVER give somebody like that access to your computer.

The reason I found out that it worked was because we did have our computers worked on in March and we did get a call the next day about a problem with out computer from the scammers, then they hung up.
I don't think that I am really lying either. I'm just not telling them that it was worked on 6 weeks ago. :D

Last edited:

The reason I found out that it worked was because we did have our computers worked on in March and we did get a call the next day about a problem with out computer from the scammers, then they hung up.
I don't think that I am really lying either. I'm just not telling them that it was worked on 6 weeks ago. :D

Well in truth, intellectual honesty requires me to admit the way I posed the question, while not quite a lie, did not imply the truth either. :)

Went for my ekg today, results will be in next week sometime. I had my bone density scan a few days ago, results are in, good bone density. :D

Saw my doctor this morning on the way back from working out. He wasn't happy about my LDL but since it is moving in the right direction he didn't increase the meds. The goal is to get off them entirely.

Speaking of working out I did my new regimen today and I am feeling it. Always takes a while for the unused muscles to wake up and get moving again. Primarily my shoulders and back but not back pain, just soreness from being used.

Yesterday I found myself trying to run up the stairs. That is always a good sign for me because it means that I feeling fit. Not too shabby for someone pushing 62 to be running up the stairs.

Right now I am just happy that it is Friday and past 5 pm so I am going to pour myself a nice 1800 on the rocks. If I start slurring my posts that will be the reason. :eusa_whistle:

i'll be going for my physical in about 2 months. one thing for sure is I won't be getting a good report on my cholesterol.

i'll be going for my physical in about 2 months. one thing for sure is I won't be getting a good report on my cholesterol.

Good luck with it. Try your best to keep it in check.

My sister came home from her check-up, walked in the door sobbing. Fortunately, I had ordered groceries last night so just happened to be upstairs to find out what was going on and lend aid and comfort. Two things. One, she left her Kindle Fire at the doctor's office. Two, there is some inflammation in her right breast which requires an immediate mammogram. I hugged her and got her the phone number for Amazon so she could temporarily deactivate her Fire. I believe it is in the exam room, and she will have it back in her hands on Monday.

Not so easy with the breast answers, please keep her in your prayers/positive thoughts/light a candle/clutch a crystal please.

mine is hereditary. I eat really well. but my body just produces the stuff.

mine is hereditary. I eat really well. but my body just produces the stuff.

I have two brothers in law like that. They both had bypass surgery when they were pretty young and have been good since.

I'm very selective about who can use my computer. Mrs. BBD has her own computer but when she insists on using mine I blindfold her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back