USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way I would subject my child to that. And shame on the school for refusing to deal with it. And I am really big on homeschooling but it does require a great deal of dedication and discipline from the parent to do it. But if that is an option and your daughter is up to it. . . .or if there isn't a good parochial or private school as another option. . . .

I home schooled my oldest for a few years. Put him back in school for highschool thinking I wasn't good enough at teaching those subjects. He now says he wished I'd taught him though high school.

It doesn't take as much to home school as you think. You can even join co-ops and take turns teaching kids your strongest subjects.

My nephew and his wife did the same. They homeschooled their youngest of three boys from first through ninth grade--they each only have a highschool education themselves--and then enrolled him in public school for highschool. Within two weeks he was begging to come home complaining that they were covering stuff he had two or three years earlier and they wasted so much time and the environment just wasn't a good learning environment. So his mom taught him through highschool too, with the assistance of some tutors when they hit something she didn't feel competent to teach. He scored in upper 90 percentiles on his SATs and sailed through college graduating magna cum laude. And he is one of he most friendly, outgoing, happy individuals anybody could hope to meet and has more than 1000 friends on his Facebook page.

That plus my up close and personal experience with the some 400 AWANA kids, mostly homeschooled, who use our church facilities, has made me a staunch fan of home schooling.

Any more, if you are truly interested in giving your child a quality education, and cannot afford private schools (not always necessarily a good choice), home schooling is the way to contribute. My daughter aced the GED after being home schooled.

They are doing the same thing using Microsoft.
I have gotten several calls, they all have heavy accents and say that I have a problem with my computer. I always tell them no I don't because I just got it back from the shop, even though I didn't. :D
Then they get very confused and hang up. :lol:

Well actually I use Windows 8.1 He only said he was an Apple contractor because I asked the question specific to Apple. I didn't lie to him either. Just asked the question. :) But yeah, it doesn't matter what operating system you use, they will be authorized contractors for it. So its either to sell a service you don't need or to gain access to your computer on a phishing expedition. Either way, nobody should EVER give somebody like that access to your computer.

I'm very selective about who can use my computer. Mrs. BBD has her own computer but when she insists on using mine I blindfold her.

They are using some kind of spy-ware on our computers.
I get a call from them within an hour, when my Internet explore pops up saying that it's not connecting and says it's searching for a solution.

How do you define "success"?

At age 4, success is not peeing in your pants.

At age 12, success is having friends.

At age 16 success is having a drivers license.

At age 20 success is having sex.

At age 35 success is having money.

At age 50 success is having money.

At age 60 success is having sex.

At age 70 success is having a drivers license.

At age 75 success is having friends.

At age 80 success in not peeing in your pants.

Seems to me that success in nothing more than a circle of events.

My sister came home from her check-up, walked in the door sobbing. Fortunately, I had ordered groceries last night so just happened to be upstairs to find out what was going on and lend aid and comfort. Two things. One, she left her Kindle Fire at the doctor's office. Two, there is some inflammation in her right breast which requires an immediate mammogram. I hugged her and got her the phone number for Amazon so she could temporarily deactivate her Fire. I believe it is in the exam room, and she will have it back in her hands on Monday.

Not so easy with the breast answers, please keep her in your prayers/positive thoughts/light a candle/clutch a crystal please.

"Prayers" coming your sister's way. Hoping her inflammation is not significant. Sheesh, the things we poor human creatures have to endure.

Granddaughter update:
My daughter drove the girls to school and sent a letter to the 12-yr-olds teacher detailing the events. Teacher contacted my daughter and asked what she might do to help and that a counselor was available. Daughter suggested the teacher might try to convince the grandie to talk to a counselor. The counselor called, both teacher and counselor were appalled (no word from the principle yet). The counselor is going to address the issue with both the school and the bus company. She suggested my daughter continue to send the girl to school on the bus in order to determine whether the issue has been resolved, my daughter declined. She will drop off an pick up both girls for the remaining school year. She refuses to expose them to continued abuse. She also told me that the granddaughter revealed on additional event last night: the 8th grade boy who is doing most of the bullying apparently pressed into the seat my daughter was sharing with another girl on the bus, grasped his pant leg and told my granddaughter the "You want this, you know you want this."
Where do kids this age come up with such filth?

On a more upscale note: My daughter went to court with a young friend of hers who had been issued a citation for speeding. On the citation, it was printed "Wear your Sunday best", or some such words implying on should appear before the judge appropriately attired. She said the judge was booting those who failed to comply without blinking an eye...reminded her to "My Cousin Vinny". I would pay to see that! She shared more specific comments, and I had to laugh!

Confronting a bully parent does no good. Bully parents beget bully kids.
If I had my way with bullies, I'd put em' all in reform school. That's what school officials should be doing in cases where the bullying continues despite intervention by the principal and other school officials.

good_night(3000X1448).jpg

Does she have some sheltered place to go to?

Yep. Lots of them. Two barns, a milk house and the old goat house.

That should do it. Do you let them stay around? I like having my ferals around, I have almost zero mice when they are in residence.

Mrs. BBD has 7 outside cats. They spend 90% of their day on our large wrap-around porch. The other 10% of their day is spent on the swing. They are all mustered up there in the mornings waiting patiently for their food and water. They are all neutered or spayed except for this one that is going to have the kittens and it's the handy work of a frequent visitor that we call "Traveler". He shows up for the morning feedings too and then leaves. He's not neutered because he can't be caught.

They are doing the same thing using Microsoft.
I have gotten several calls, they all have heavy accents and say that I have a problem with my computer. I always tell them no I don't because I just got it back from the shop, even though I didn't. :D
Then they get very confused and hang up. :lol:

Well actually I use Windows 8.1 He only said he was an Apple contractor because I asked the question specific to Apple. I didn't lie to him either. Just asked the question. :) But yeah, it doesn't matter what operating system you use, they will be authorized contractors for it. So its either to sell a service you don't need or to gain access to your computer on a phishing expedition. Either way, nobody should EVER give somebody like that access to your computer.

The reason I found out that it worked was because we did have our computers worked on in March and we did get a call the next day about a problem with out computer from the scammers, then they hung up.
I don't think that I am really lying either. I'm just not telling them that it was worked on 6 weeks ago. :D

Omission isn't necessarily lying, it's common, look at advertising, bartering, politics, etc. People hear what they want to hear anyway......... If they want to infer that's their problem. :D

Confronting a bully parent does no good. Bully parents beget bully kids.
If I had my way with bullies, I'd put em' all in reform school. That's what school officials should be doing in cases where the bullying continues despite intervention by the principal and other school officials.

Too simplistic an approach as most bullies (children) are often acting out due to circumstances in their lives.

On a more upscale note: My daughter went to court with a young friend of hers who had been issued a citation for speeding. On the citation, it was printed "Wear your Sunday best", or some such words implying on should appear before the judge appropriately attired. She said the judge was booting those who failed to comply without blinking an eye...reminded her to "My Cousin Vinny". I would pay to see that! She shared more specific comments, and I had to laugh!

I was a witness for the prosecution in one case, almost forgot the date and time so I was out running errands in my "knock around" wardrobe when I suddenly remembered and headed straight over to the courthouse to make it on time. Needless to say the judge was less than happy with my attire....... :lol:

My sister came home from her check-up, walked in the door sobbing. Fortunately, I had ordered groceries last night so just happened to be upstairs to find out what was going on and lend aid and comfort. Two things. One, she left her Kindle Fire at the doctor's office. Two, there is some inflammation in her right breast which requires an immediate mammogram. I hugged her and got her the phone number for Amazon so she could temporarily deactivate her Fire. I believe it is in the exam room, and she will have it back in her hands on Monday.

Not so easy with the breast answers, please keep her in your prayers/positive thoughts/light a candle/clutch a crystal please.

"Prayers" coming your sister's way. Hoping her inflammation is not significant. Sheesh, the things we poor human creatures have to endure.

Thank you.

She's not like that. Not the crier. She doesn't break easily. It felt really, REALLY good to have a handle on the Kindle, so she felt more ... in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back