USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pol pic today, but rather, a hero from my childhood:

pete-rose.jpg

Pete Rose (Cincinnatti Reds) - from a long time ago.

One of mine too. It's a shame that they have kept him out of the BHOF.

No one did anything. CR kept himself out of the BoF.

Kittens being born this morning. 3 so far but 1 born dead. I better have some more coffee and boil some water!

Congrats Papa. :)

No... No congrats for me. These are Mrs. BBD's kittens. I don't own any cats. All the cats around here belong to her. I'm just forced to live with them.:eusa_whistle:

I can relate. Cats are ok, my daughter got one but I never see it when I go over there. It's always hiding. I love the doggies tho. They run to me and are always happy I'm there.

My sister came home from her check-up, walked in the door sobbing. Fortunately, I had ordered groceries last night so just happened to be upstairs to find out what was going on and lend aid and comfort. Two things. One, she left her Kindle Fire at the doctor's office. Two, there is some inflammation in her right breast which requires an immediate mammogram. I hugged her and got her the phone number for Amazon so she could temporarily deactivate her Fire. I believe it is in the exam room, and she will have it back in her hands on Monday.

Not so easy with the breast answers, please keep her in your prayers/positive thoughts/light a candle/clutch a crystal please.

Prayers up for your sister, BDB. :eusa_pray:

Hope it turns out benign and curable by avoiding more than 1 caffeine beverage per diem. That's what happened to me 30 years ago. I drink one and only one cup of coffee per day (which I love) and a Dr. Pepper a couple of days a year. Herbal teas don't aggravate my body, and raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry teas are beneficial for some reason.

Love and healing to your sister. She's lucky she has you for an anchor. :smiliehug:

Good morning, everyone and a happy weekend to you!

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

41c46aaf7f7269231a0105e84b470d2a.jpg

Rock-Singer and Actress Debbie Harry.

Here's one for you all. I knew Debbie harry before she was famous. She was from hawthorne nj, a town next to the town I grew up in and she was best friends with my neighbor.

Debra Harry is pretty awesome to know. My celeb lived in my neighborhood and she was Gloria Steinem. Much older than me, she would have been closer to my mom's age, about ten years younger than my mother but she was from Toledo. Her mother had serious mental health issues, depression maybe. Gloria had a rough life growing up but she made it work after all was said and done.

gloriasteinem70s.jpg

I called Fox News and told them that kittens were being born at my house but they didn't seem to be too interested.

Taco stuck his nose inside of the box where the cat was having kittens and he got a nasty slap. He retreated to my recliner and for some reason isn't very interested in the new kittens now either.

My sister came home from her check-up, walked in the door sobbing. Fortunately, I had ordered groceries last night so just happened to be upstairs to find out what was going on and lend aid and comfort. Two things. One, she left her Kindle Fire at the doctor's office. Two, there is some inflammation in her right breast which requires an immediate mammogram. I hugged her and got her the phone number for Amazon so she could temporarily deactivate her Fire. I believe it is in the exam room, and she will have it back in her hands on Monday.

Not so easy with the breast answers, please keep her in your prayers/positive thoughts/light a candle/clutch a crystal please.

Prayers up for your sister, BDB. :eusa_pray:

Hope it turns out benign and curable by avoiding more than 1 caffeine beverage per diem. That's what happened to me 30 years ago. I drink one and only one cup of coffee per day (which I love) and a Dr. Pepper a couple of days a year. Herbal teas don't aggravate my body, and raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry teas are beneficial for some reason.

Love and healing to your sister. She's lucky she has you for an anchor. :smiliehug:

Thank you, and light bulb moment! She drinks a pot a day, what was cured for you by the caffeine reduction? If you can't share here, my PM box is open. Thanks in advance!

I called Fox News and told them that kittens were being born at my house but they didn't seem to be too interested.

Taco stuck his nose inside of the box where the cat was having kittens and he got a nasty slap. He retreated to my recliner and for some reason isn't very interested in the new kittens now either.

:lol: He needed the luv and purrtection from his Da-Da...

Good morning, everyone and a happy weekend to you!

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

41c46aaf7f7269231a0105e84b470d2a.jpg

Rock-Singer and Actress Debbie Harry.

Here's one for you all. I knew Debbie harry before she was famous. She was from hawthorne nj, a town next to the town I grew up in and she was best friends with my neighbor.

Debra Harry is pretty awesome to know. My celeb lived in my neighborhood and she was Gloria Steinem. Much older than me, she would have been closer to my mom's age, about ten years younger than my mother but she was from Toledo. Her mother had serious mental health issues, depression maybe. Gloria had a rough life growing up but she made it work after all was said and done.

gloriasteinem70s.jpg

Debbie was probably about 10 years older than me. she was friends with our neighbors oldest daughter. I was friends with the two sons who were closer to my age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back