USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
920626ab33741c32400a920a02060ef2.jpg

Good Morning, :)

I have never met Debbie Harry, but if we are name dropping I have met Benny Hill. I sold him a ticket for a deck chair in kensington gardens the 1960's.
During the same job as a deck chair attendant, I saw Mickey Dolenz the drummer of the monkeys get mobbed by teenage girls.
I sat next to Gary Glitter in a wine bar before he became infamous.
I met Bruce Kent of CND for about two seconds once outside charing cross station, and I almost got him killed. I tapped him on the shoulder as I was passing him, and he looked round just as he came to a road. I waved at him and he stepped out into the road without looking. He was very lucky that nothing was coming or he would have got run over, and it would have been my fault.:D That is not my only claim to fame, I have crossed the path of some other celebrities in my time.
How about you?

I've met a lot of celebrities over the years. mostly playing golf in both Pierre LaRouche's and Mario Lemieux's annual charity tournaments. lots of athletes, but also a lot of actors and few musicians. one of the best was alice cooper, who a was a really big fan of as a teenager. he is an awesome golfer too. I do know Armand Assante, who lives in our town and is a life long friend of our neighbor. Also Phil Simms, former NY Giants quarterback and currently a broadcaster sports analyst. That one is interesting. He is married to my ex girlfriend who I am still pretty close friends with. lol.

It has taken up until now to recall that I bumped into Tom Selleck in a supermarket once. Oh, and Vanessa Williams was at the same College Honors and Graduation ceremonies because her niece and my daughter were in the same class.

Then again I have probably passed any number of celebrities on the streets of Manhatten and never recognized them because I really don't know who they are. I rarely watch movies and never watch the Oscars so if I was introduced to one of them I would probably have no idea why they are a celebrity.

you could put pictures of two dozen celebrities in front of me and I could probably identify 2. I am clueless who most of these people are. Oscars and all of that other self promoting pat on the back crap I totally avoid. I could care less and have no interest at all. in restaurants in nyc you are always running into someone famous. usually there is a buzz going on and i'll have to ask, whats all the buzz about. and they'll say that is so an so sitting at that table. half the tie I have no idea who it is. a couple of years ago jon bon jovi came in and sat at the table right next to ours. I mean I know who he is but even when told I never would have recognized him. he's actually a pretty small guy. don't know why, I expected him to be bigger. but he even looked nothing like the stage presence I'm used to.

you could put pictures of two dozen celebrities in front of me and I could probably identify 2. I am clueless who most of these people are. Oscars and all of that other self promoting pat on the back crap I totally avoid. I could care less and have no interest at all. in restaurants in nyc you are always running into someone famous. usually there is a buzz going on and i'll have to ask, whats all the buzz about. and they'll say that is so an so sitting at that table. half the tie I have no idea who it is. a couple of years ago jon bon jovi came in and sat at the table right next to ours. I mean I know who he is but even when told I never would have recognized him. he's actually a pretty small guy. don't know why, I expected him to be bigger. but he even looked nothing like the stage presence I'm used to.

Okay, now I'm jealous. Mostly because I love so much of his music, but also because he is a genuinely nice guy who married (and stayed married to) his high school sweetheart. He treats his fans well. And my number one reason for appreciating him is his performance of my favorite song, Hallelujah, which Leonard Cohen pronounced the best performer thereof.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do admire that about him too. I like a lot of his music and I think Ritchie sambora is a very good guitar player.

I admire those things about him, too. Not a fan of his music, however. :eek: Not a fan of Bruce Springsteen, either.

Got some good sleep last night because yesterday evening I looked at my pill box and realized I forgot to load the little blue (Aleve) tablets when I restocked it last weekend...... No wonder my back kept waking me up all week. Took two and slept like a baby. :thup:
Went up to the Springs yesterday to run some errands and check on my dad, he ended up in the ER on Thursday with pain in his chest, Pleurisy, an inflammation of the pleura, the lining surrounding the lungs. He was fine but in looking around the house I realized I'm going to have to make a trip mid week to clean and take care of a few things and in a couple of weeks go up to get his garden ready for planting, at least I'll get my exercise.
He's not getting around as well and since my mom passed he hasn't been taking as good a care of himself or the house, just last weekend we smelled gas in the basement and had a repairman come out, one of the shutoff valves was bad. He couldn't smell it.
He really enjoys our visits as he is quite lonely now, he would love for us to move back in but, try as we might we can't find work up there yet. Hopefully soon. He talks about moving down to Alabama with my next youngest brother mainly because he'll be able to breath easier, he has COPD, and he'll give us the house in the Springs.

Got some good sleep last night because yesterday evening I looked at my pill box and realized I forgot to load the little blue (Aleve) tablets when I restocked it last weekend...... No wonder my back kept waking me up all week. Took two and slept like a baby. :thup:
Went up to the Springs yesterday to run some errands and check on my dad, he ended up in the ER on Thursday with pain in his chest, Pleurisy, an inflammation of the pleura, the lining surrounding the lungs. He was fine but in looking around the house I realized I'm going to have to make a trip mid week to clean and take care of a few things and in a couple of weeks go up to get his garden ready for planting, at least I'll get my exercise.
He's not getting around as well and since my mom passed he hasn't been taking as good a care of himself or the house, just last weekend we smelled gas in the basement and had a repairman come out, one of the shutoff valves was bad. He couldn't smell it.
He really enjoys our visits as he is quite lonely now, he would love for us to move back in but, try as we might we can't find work up there yet. Hopefully soon. He talks about moving down to Alabama with my next youngest brother mainly because he'll be able to breath easier, he has COPD, and he'll give us the house in the Springs.

Best wishes for your father, Ringel. Pleurisy - that can get real nasty. And of course, best to you and your family.

-Stat

Looks like I'm the latest Coffeemate to bid you all a farewell for the day - it was all going so swimmingly, I was having a fantastic time ... and now I'm in a bra.

Leaving.

In a BRA.

/sniffle

I tell ya. Some days it does not pay to have friends. Friends who take you places and give you pleasant company. Hmph.

Looks like I'm the latest Coffeemate to bid you all a farewell for the day - it was all going so swimmingly, I was having a fantastic time ... and now I'm in a bra.

Leaving.

In a BRA.

/sniffle

I tell ya. Some days it does not pay to have friends. Friends who take you places and give you pleasant company. Hmph.

You don't have to wear a bra to be my friend.:lol:

Some sad news... Came home from church to find the last kitten was dead. Seems the Mama Cat is not a very good Mama.

I've met a lot of celebrities over the years. mostly playing golf in both Pierre LaRouche's and Mario Lemieux's annual charity tournaments. lots of athletes, but also a lot of actors and few musicians. one of the best was alice cooper, who a was a really big fan of as a teenager. he is an awesome golfer too. I do know Armand Assante, who lives in our town and is a life long friend of our neighbor. Also Phil Simms, former NY Giants quarterback and currently a broadcaster sports analyst. That one is interesting. He is married to my ex girlfriend who I am still pretty close friends with. lol.

It has taken up until now to recall that I bumped into Tom Selleck in a supermarket once. Oh, and Vanessa Williams was at the same College Honors and Graduation ceremonies because her niece and my daughter were in the same class.

Then again I have probably passed any number of celebrities on the streets of Manhatten and never recognized them because I really don't know who they are. I rarely watch movies and never watch the Oscars so if I was introduced to one of them I would probably have no idea why they are a celebrity.

I have a friend that used to live across the street from Jon Bon Jovi. He watched him grow up from a little shaver to what he is now. Said he was a pretty nice kid all things considered.

Some sad news... Came home from church to find the last kitten was dead. Seems the Mama Cat is not a very good Mama.

Sorry to hear that, BBD. It is possible that it wasn't Mama cat at all but a virus instead.

I went outside today to check on the doves and it looks like a cat managed to kill one of the babies. Given that none of the cats around here are feral it was probably one of the neighbors.

I hope the other one doesn't suffer the same fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back