USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ours is open 24 hours too. I rarely go late at night, but it is MUCH better when I do. I should really start doing that.

Going into a Walmart late at night would be something I would avoid. Danger lurks everywhere, especially for a woman, alone. I do walk with a serious gait though and that is supposed to be a deterrent for possible harm, and according to what I have read. Haughty walk with head UP!

I'm not scared! :biggrin: I live in a very low crime area, thankfully. Our Walmart has a brightly lit parking lot, and I would just park close to the door.
Beware complacency!

I don't want to live my life in fear of becoming a crime victim, so . . . I don't. :D I'm not afraid to go to the store by myself and just live my life.
While I refrain from living in fear of becoming a victim of "localized" crime, I am very, very apprehensive at how things are going nationally and internationally right now. 'Nough said...

I don't live in fear either.Never have, which is why my life has been adventurous. I do live in wisdom, as I define that. :D

Last edited:
Made it to Trinidad with no problem. The wife actually drove the truck for a couple of hours which is weird cause she hates driving large vehicles. It was good for me cause I slept most of that time. Obviously we didn't plan this out well in terms of clothing, the wife didn't bring shoes (just sandals) and I only brought shorts and t-shirts....... it was in the 50s and windy when we arrived and going down into the 30s tonight. Stopped by pet rescue thrift and found a hoodie that fit then we went to Wally World for some other things we needed, the wife decided to wear my extra pair of socks instead of buying new shoes and I picked up sweat pants.

lol...boy youse guys are surely having an adventure...lol. Poor wife....all those challenges AND starting a new job!!!! Gads....she must have some grit!

it's amazing we haven't destroyed ourselves yet. looks like we are trying hard though.

Overpopulation overconsumption in pictures Global Development Professionals Network The Guardian

Hey Spoonie. So happy you stopped by today. Been missing you.

Sometimes I feel overpopulated and hemmed in while negotiating Albuquerque rush hour traffic or trying to find a parking place at Walmart or the hospital--and its much worse in places like St. Louis or Dallas/Fort Worth--but then I can get out and drive the 100 miles from Vaughn to Roswell NM in which there is absolutely nothing--not even any visible ranch houses--just open rolling countryside dotted with a few cattle and antelope and endless sky. And I think it's all okay.

Good morning everybody.

Thoughts are with the Ringels on their return trip to El Paso today. They stay on the vigil list until the new appliances are delivered and they are fully moved in and settled and once again feel 'normal' whatever that is for them. But today the thoughts are all for health, safe travels, and strength for endurance.

Hope all are having a good Easter weekend. We are having beautiful weather here though intermittantly have more wind than I like. Wind is a fact of life in the springtime for us though. At least we aren't having the 80 and 90 mph winds that ravaged south central Kansas night before last. Some of the folks are still digging out of that.

But for us, Hombre is out spraying the early weeds poking up and I will get around shortly and get my chores out of the way. Life is pretty good today.

Here is a copy of an email I got from a business that I apparently applied for online. Most, if not all, of the jobs in my line of work are advertised online. You can't just go into a place and expect to fill out an application. Everything is done online now. Anyway, here is just another example of why job hunting online is just awful.

Here it is:

are you ready to come our office tomorrow?

if you ready then visit our company sites & fill the job form.

after fill up the form reply us here. then i will send you our office address.

visit here - New Employee Form

That's it. The End ~

AS you can see, there was no link provided, no company name given, no information at all. I've responded to probably 100 ads on Craigs List. I have no idea what company this is. The person who emailed me is a person name and not a company name.

So, I sent a polite email response asking if they had a link they could give me to fill out the application. :rolleyes-41:

You realize that someone just wants your address and social security number right?

Here is a copy of an email I got from a business that I apparently applied for online. Most, if not all, of the jobs in my line of work are advertised online. You can't just go into a place and expect to fill out an application. Everything is done online now. Anyway, here is just another example of why job hunting online is just awful.

Here it is:

are you ready to come our office tomorrow?

if you ready then visit our company sites & fill the job form.

after fill up the form reply us here. then i will send you our office address.

visit here - New Employee Form

That's it. The End ~

AS you can see, there was no link provided, no company name given, no information at all. I've responded to probably 100 ads on Craigs List. I have no idea what company this is. The person who emailed me is a person name and not a company name.

So, I sent a polite email response asking if they had a link they could give me to fill out the application. :rolleyes-41:

You realize that someone just wants your address and social security number right?

That was my first thought too.

We just got back home (El Paso, home is where the cats are......) about 15 minutes ago, she drove again for a while with the trailer attached to the back, surprise, surprise! Actually think she's getting used to it. Got all the stuff out of the back seat, it's a quad cab, and have to take the patio table out of the back of the truck, the trailer has a lock on it, we'll empty it tomorrow.

Glad you're home safe and sound Ringel. In another few days we will hope everything will be pretty much back to normal.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Happy Easter, everybody! Got up very early to watch the Pope give the Mass in Rome this morning. Have had my coffee and am all gussied up ready to go to Mass in about 30 minutes. Mrs. BBD is upstairs getting dressed. Taco, and the other two dogs have been outside and are now back inside sleeping soundly. They didn't bark last night so I guess the Easter Bunny didn't come hopping around here. Don't see any eggs laying around anywhere. I guess he passed us by!

Good morning everybody.

Thoughts are with the Ringels on their return trip to El Paso today. They stay on the vigil list until the new appliances are delivered and they are fully moved in and settled and once again feel 'normal' whatever that is for them. But today the thoughts are all for health, safe travels, and strength for endurance.

Hope all are having a good Easter weekend. We are having beautiful weather here though intermittantly have more wind than I like. Wind is a fact of life in the springtime for us though. At least we aren't having the 80 and 90 mph winds that ravaged south central Kansas night before last. Some of the folks are still digging out of that.

But for us, Hombre is out spraying the early weeds poking up and I will get around shortly and get my chores out of the way. Life is pretty good today.
As I assume is usual with rental homes we have to maintain the lawn, small grassy area but a huge gravel front and two side yards, gonna have to order barrels of agent orange..........
They do have some strange rules here, maybe it this management company, but supposedly if we switch out the existing cruddy shower heads with our good ones ours then becomes property of the owner......... not......... same with door knobs, etc. Oh and we're not supposed to take any doors off the frames, yeah right.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
And good morning to all. It is a glorious beautiful morning in Albuquerque and I extend a HAPPY EASTER and wishes for a great day to all. Hombre and I will be off to the early service and brunch shortly.

easter-wallpapers-2.jpg

Good morning everybody.

As I assume is usual with rental homes we have to maintain the lawn, small grassy area but a huge gravel front and two side yards, gonna have to order barrels of agent orange..........
They do have some strange rules here, maybe it this management company, but supposedly if we switch out the existing cruddy shower heads with our good ones ours then becomes property of the owner......... not......... same with door knobs, etc. Oh and we're not supposed to take any doors off the frames, yeah right.

I can't stand that Property Management company. I hope you keep the bad stuff you are planning to replace, and when you leave there, reinstall it all, taking the new things you buy with you. It is a hassle, I know, and you may not even need it, where you are going. Principle trumps thievery.

And good morning to all. It is a glorious beautiful morning in Albuquerque and I extend a HAPPY EASTER and wishes for a great day to all. Hombre and I will be off to the early service and brunch shortly.

easter-wallpapers-2.jpg

Aww, sweetie, thank you for the lovely image and Easter greetings. What a cute little avie you have there, also.

A great post!

Good morning everybody.

I can't stand that Property Management company. I hope you keep the bad stuff you are planning to replace, and when you leave there, reinstall it all, taking the new things you buy with you. It is a hassle, I know, and you may not even need it, where you are going. Principle trumps thievery.
Oh don't worry, we'll keep the old sh*t and put it back on when we leave, if we don't end up staying and buy the house. I figure it needs at least $40,000 worth of work probably closer to $60k and that's with me doing some of it or acting as my own contractor and subbing out all the heavy work so that would probably drop the price below $120k. I'd have a building inspector and an adjuster look at it together.

Forum List

Back