USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, off to Milton FL for the wife's sister's funeral. I worked until almost 5 AM so I'm a bit tired.

Safe travels Ernie and condolences to your wife. I hate as the older we get, we say goodbye to more and more of those we love.
7 of the 8 surviving siblings of the original 12 were there along with her last surviving son, many grandchildren and great grandchildren. She was buried right next to Daddy Jessie. Two of her sons are one plot over.
I made it back to Foley about 5:30, just in time to lose at poker and just got home at midnight.

It makes for a long day.

Well sending extra strengthening and encouraging vibes to those of you who need it. I'm headed for my first attempt at going to bed tonight. We'll see if it takes. :)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I would definitely prefer to go at night though. Lol. That is MUCH better than dealing with the crowds, IMO. :D
Our Walmart is open 24 hours which makes it nice for me. I can leave the bar at 2 AM and go pick up a needed maintenance item or a few pairs of socks. No lines and friendly cashiers that compete to have you use their aisle.

Ours is open 24 hours too. I rarely go late at night, but it is MUCH better when I do. I should really start doing that.

Going into a Walmart late at night would be something I would avoid. Danger lurks everywhere, especially for a woman, alone. I do walk with a serious gait though and that is supposed to be a deterrent for possible harm, and according to what I have read. Haughty walk with head UP!

I'm not scared! :biggrin: I live in a very low crime area, thankfully. Our Walmart has a brightly lit parking lot, and I would just park close to the door.
Beware complacency!

I don't want to live my life in fear of becoming a crime victim, so . . . I don't. :D I'm not afraid to go to the store by myself and just live my life.

Spring is finally in the air. In the sun, it is in the high 50s! Woo-hoo! Almost all the snow has melted off my patio. Soon, I will set up my patio furniture and my umbrella. :D I am VERY happy today.
Same here, it's remained above freezing for over a week. I actually had thoughts of starting some tomatoes in the greenhouse. I suppose I could watch the temp predictions and move them into the garage when less-than-freezing temps were expected.

I wouldn't attempt any of that until May. I'm pretty sure the ground underneath is still frozen.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I've given up my job hunt for the time being. :( I haven't had much luck. Most of the jobs out there in my area are part time or temp jobs. I've applied at a few different places and, although they were listed as being temp agencies, that is what they were. Kind of takes the wind out of my sails. I haven't given up entirely though. My resume is out there on a couple of different job sites and I will start looking actively again soon. I'm just taking a break for now.
Good luck, Chris. Something will turn up, just be persistent. If all else fails, maybe you should consider your own business?

Ha-ha! That is just not an option for me. :D

I won't be around posting here in the evening tonight, and maybe not tomorrow or the next night either. I'm putting in some overtime so that I can pay my very expensive electric bill so I don't have that hanging over my head this summer. They would like me to go on a payment plan where I pay all year, but no way. I'm going to put in some OT and use that money to pay it off completely. Times are tough living here in MA. Very, very tough. They raised our electric rates 37% this year. It's ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if Assachusetts loses some residents because of it either. Really, the only thing keeping me here is my family. All of my family live in this part of the country (Maine and Massachusetts mostly).
Is there any possibility of going off-grid?

Lol. No, I'm poor GW. :D I live in a small townhouse that I rent.

Here is a copy of an email I got from a business that I apparently applied for online. Most, if not all, of the jobs in my line of work are advertised online. You can't just go into a place and expect to fill out an application. Everything is done online now. Anyway, here is just another example of why job hunting online is just awful.

Here it is:

are you ready to come our office tomorrow?

if you ready then visit our company sites & fill the job form.

after fill up the form reply us here. then i will send you our office address.

visit here - New Employee Form

That's it. The End ~

AS you can see, there was no link provided, no company name given, no information at all. I've responded to probably 100 ads on Craigs List. I have no idea what company this is. The person who emailed me is a person name and not a company name.

So, I sent a polite email response asking if they had a link they could give me to fill out the application. :rolleyes-41:
Wow! The written stuff appears Asian. I work with loads of Asians and the speak the same way. We affectionately refer to such communications as "chinglish".

Yes, well, I think that is kind of inappropriate to respond to an email in such a manner. Not to mention, no link, no business name given, really no information at all.

Hello friends, as some know I've been pretty busy with Mrs O, in and out of the Hospital these past 4 months. She has entered end stage Liver disease, I'm going to talk with her doctors about changing her treatment to a palliative Care. There is no sense in trying to cure something that is incurable. Best for her that we treat the symptoms and make her as comfortable as possible. There are some here who can get messages to me if need be....

Ollie, I'm so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mrs. O.

Good morning everybody. I've been up for awhile but like yesterday I didn't dare get on line before I had finished some essential chores. We seem to be entering more springlike temps in the high 60's to low 70's the next ten days or so. It has been more like summer recently. I prefer the cooler temps.

More banana bread on the schedule today. We intentionally let bananas get overripe just for that purpose. :)

Hey Folks, I sent a pm to Noomi about a week ago. I haven't heard anything. I truly hope she is doing okay. Glad to see Foxy put her on the vigil list. :)

Hey Folks, I sent a pm to Noomi about a week ago. I haven't heard anything. I truly hope she is doing okay. Glad to see Foxy put her on the vigil list. :)

She's been on the vigil list for weeks now WQ. And I hope she's okay too. I do hope you hear from her.

Last edited:
The Time Warner guy was here this morning so we now have internet, phone and TV, no more having to tether off the cell phones. Sent the Comcast equipment back, yup UPS Stores and Comcast have a set up for that. Called Comcast and canceled though here it will be a moot point as Comcast is buying Time Warner, they say I'll get a refund. The mechanical guys are busy making the swamp cooler work and I just picked up a screen door for the patio door, now I can leave that open an let lots of air in if I want to. However, don't know what's in bloom down here but I'm dealing with some serious sinus issues, not good..........
Tomorrow morning one more trip up to Trinidad, stay overnight in a hotel and pick up the trailer in the morning then load the rest of the stuff. Then we'll have to head home to El Paso.

I'm up!
One cup of coffee and near functional.
The wife is off to the beach with 2 of my bar maids and I have the day to myself.
Wait a minute, ain't you the one who's supposed to go to the beach with the bar maids..`.... :eusa_whistle:
Thursday is my day off. :wink_2:

Well so much for a day off...
I heard this morning that we would be having folks over for dinner next Thursday. Max and Jim want to shoot that 2 pound Tannerite target, so, I fired up the tractor and repaired a few wash-outs on the way up to the rifle range. I even cut in a short cut that will take 200 yards off the walk for Max.

He'll thank me later.

I moved 50 or 60 yards of dirt and clay and graded about 150 yards of access road.
Crap! Just finished cleaning coffee off my keyboard.

Last edited:
I'm up!
One cup of coffee and near functional.
The wife is off to the beach with 2 of my bar maids and I have the day to myself.
Wait a minute, ain't you the one who's supposed to go to the beach with the bar maids..`.... :eusa_whistle:
Thursday is my day off. :wink_2:

Well so much for a day off...
I heard this morning that we would be having folks over for dinner next Thursday. Max and Jim want to shoot that 2 pound Tannerite target, so, I fired up the tractor and repaired a few wash-outs on the way up to the rifle range. I even cut in a short cut that will take 200 yards off the walk for Max.

He'll thank me later.

I moved 50 or 60 yards of dirt and clay and graded about 150 yards of access road.
Crap! Just finished cleaning coffee off my keyboard.

Too much coffee makes you jittery! ;)

Banana bread is in the oven. Shortly I'll make the casserole that goes into the oven just as soon as the banana bread comes out. Trying to decide of a tasty side to go with the casserole. Or maybe make open face enchiladas instead of the casserole? Hmmm. Decisions decisions.

Was sitting here thinking it was getting uncomfortably warm in the oven when Mrs. Baird (our resident ghost) came in and left the front door open per usual. Instant cooling. I love it! I'll sweep the leaves out of the foyer later. Really windy this afternoon.

Got tickled reading the alerts from our local TV weather page--warned us of 30 foot winds gusting to 45 or 50. Whoever typed that out must be from the coast. :)

Was sitting here thinking it was getting uncomfortably warm in the oven when Mrs. Baird (our resident ghost) came in and left the front door open per usual. Instant cooling. I love it! I'll sweep the leaves out of the foyer later. Really windy this afternoon.

Got tickled reading the alerts from our local TV weather page--warned us of 30 foot winds gusting to 45 or 50. Whoever typed that out must be from the coast. :)
That's a tall wind, even for the Gulf Coast!

Forum List

Back