USMB Coffee Shop IV

The below video is me, except that I'm not a black man.:D

Don't know why people have such issues with folding fitted sheets, it's easy.
Last night it was in the upper 50s, the wife was complaining it was cold, tonight in the lower 70s and she was complaining it was cold, by the end of summer she'll be pulling a Sherry and screaming for an arctic parka when it hits 60......... :lol:

I'm pretty sure that you can get hypothermia at 60 degrees.:eusa_whistle:

Especially when the summers one experiences hits 112 in the shade........... Good thing the pool's filled....... :D

Good morning everybody. Here we are back at hump day already--seems just yesterday that it was Easter Sunday. The days go by so fast.

As for fitted sheets, we just use the same set on each bed until they are so worn we replace them. That way you take them off the bed, wash them, put them right back on the bed and you never have to fold them. :)

I concur with Mrs. R and Sherry on dangerous cold though. At 70 degrees, Hombre is in a short sleeved tee and turns on the ceiling fan here in the office. I'm in long sleeves with a fleece jacket over that and running the little desk heater next to the computer.

But I still feel better in cooler weather than I do in the worst heat of summer.

Morning !
Tuesdays grin :biggrin:

funny-animals-183.jpg

I wonder if it is just because I'm older now that my pet peeves annoy me more? Our church starts with about 25 minutes to a half hour of worship. Used to we started out standing for the first couple of songs, then the worship leader would sit us down for the rest of the service. And it was good for those who can't easily stand for a half hour. Now they encourage those who want to remain standing to do so which means the rest of us are looking at somebody's butt for 15-20 minutes, can't see the stage, can't see the words to the songs projected above the stage. I've tried all sorts of attitude adjustment exercises, but it still annoys the dickens out of me. :(

Another pet peeve is the current generation who took the melody out of music. Now it is almost all sung within a single discordant octive and unimaginative repetitious lyrics smothered with raucus drum and other accompainment--absolutely nothing to latch on to as a memorable melody that you want to hum later on. Was watching The Voice after the game last night and could really only enjoy two or three songs taken from earlier generations that were still producing music.

Oh well, neither affects world peace so I just have to figure this too shall pass.

And how about that game last night huh? Disappointing that the Badgers lost in the end but they sure gave Duke all they could handle.

A man who lives on the tenth floor takes the elevator down to the first floor every morning and goes to work. In the evening, when he comes back; on a rainy day, or if there are other people in the elevator, he usually goes to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up the remaining three flights of stairs to his apartment.
Can you explain why he doesn't go all the way to the tenth floor every day?

I was looking back over my threads and posts looking for a specific link and was amazed at how many of those threads and posts I have absolutely no recollection of making. It's a little scary actually. . . .
Nah, not really...at least I hope not. 'Cause I find the same thing happens to me, too. Especially when I'm more active on the board, that's when I tend to lose track.
Any ways...a great, good morning to you, Foxy!
(And the rest of the CS, too!)

Our daughter called this past week and is the proud owner of four free range laying hens that are sufficient to keep her supplied with the few eggs she needs. (The free range is between her back yard and the next door neighbor who has another four chickens.) She has always had an eye for good looking chickens but has never owned any I don't believe.

Nor has our son who I still remember when we were considering moving to a farm near the little town where we lived, at age five he puffed up and indignantly pronounced: "I'll tell you one thing. If we move to a farm you're going to get me a horse or a chicken." We agreed.

And then today he posts this with the caption: "The joys of a free range chicken":

11114238_998493370162529_5331013013749933176_n.jpg
Looks like a pony is in order to help that hen range freely.

Pretty much ran errands all morning into the afternoon, got a little more done with unpacking and putting the office desk and a couple of other pieces of furniture together and the pool is almost full, not much longer. Wednesday the pool company will com by. clean, get the equipment running and add chemicals. Told them to toss a couple of spent nuclear rods in, that should sterilize the water..........
I missed where you mentioned the pool before. Dang, that's going to be nice. Most of the year, you'll be able to use it. Seems like you might have gotten into some nice digs. I wish you and the Mrs. all the best, enjoy your new home. If I ever get down that way (I have an Aunt and cousin who live in EP), I'll buy y'all a cup of joe at your favorite watering hole. Now, don't get too excited because I don't leave AK often.

Our daughter called this past week and is the proud owner of four free range laying hens that are sufficient to keep her supplied with the few eggs she needs. (The free range is between her back yard and the next door neighbor who has another four chickens.) She has always had an eye for good looking chickens but has never owned any I don't believe.

Nor has our son who I still remember when we were considering moving to a farm near the little town where we lived, at age five he puffed up and indignantly pronounced: "I'll tell you one thing. If we move to a farm you're going to get me a horse or a chicken." We agreed.

And then today he posts this with the caption: "The joys of a free range chicken":

Our lone chicken, who hadn't laid a damned egg since October was about to be accompanied by dumplings.
Daily visits to the coop had gotten to be a fruitless boor so she would get a visit from time to time more or less to size her up for a pot.
Yesterday, I walked down to the coop and muttered "Last chance".
There were 4 eggs.

I think I've gotten someone to deliver the gravel I need for my boccie court. Should have 6 yards this week to spread over a 12 x 60 foot area and some to fill in a few washed out areas of the pathway to the court.
Improving the access up to the rifle range revealed an area with a LOT of red clay. It shouldn't be a problem to get the 6 yards I need for the top surface of the court. I may just get this thing done this year.

I've been looking at silk screening equipment and heat transfer presses the last few days. Realistically, the investment to print my own shirts will be > $1,000 and hardly worth what I would make off shirts unless I was to do shirts on the side in my nonexistent spare time.
I have a quote on the way from a local company.
Here's the art I've made up for the back:
SS_Tee_shirt_rbr.png

I wonder if it is just because I'm older now that my pet peeves annoy me more? Our church starts with about 25 minutes to a half hour of worship. Used to we started out standing for the first couple of songs, then the worship leader would sit us down for the rest of the service. And it was good for those who can't easily stand for a half hour. Now they encourage those who want to remain standing to do so which means the rest of us are looking at somebody's butt for 15-20 minutes, can't see the stage, can't see the words to the songs projected above the stage. I've tried all sorts of attitude adjustment exercises, but it still annoys the dickens out of me. :(

Another pet peeve is the current generation who took the melody out of music. Now it is almost all sung within a single discordant octive and unimaginative repetitious lyrics smothered with raucus drum and other accompainment--absolutely nothing to latch on to as a memorable melody that you want to hum later on. Was watching The Voice after the game last night and could really only enjoy two or three songs taken from earlier generations that were still producing music.

Oh well, neither affects world peace so I just have to figure this too shall pass.

And how about that game last night huh? Disappointing that the Badgers lost in the end but they sure gave Duke all they could handle.
While it is nice to ponder that some people wish to demonstrate their reverence by remaining on their feet, I agree that it isn't always comfortable, or feasible, for some others to do so. Maybe if you could persuade the pastor to designate some of the front pews as "seated"?

Our lone chicken, who hadn't laid a damned egg since October was about to be accompanied by dumplings.
Daily visits to the coop had gotten to be a fruitless boor so she would get a visit from time to time more or less to size her up for a pot.
There were 4 eggs.

I think I've gotten someone to deliver the gravel I need for my boccie court. Should have 6 yards this week to spread over a 12 x 60 foot area and some to fill in a few washed out areas of the pathway to the court.
Improving the access up to the rifle range revealed an area with a LOT of red clay. It shouldn't be a problem to get the 6 yards I need for the top surface of the court. I may just get this thing done this year.

I've been looking at silk screening equipment and heat transfer presses the last few days. Realistically, the investment to print my own shirts will be > $1,000 and hardly worth what I would make off shirts unless I was to do shirts on the side in my nonexistent spare time.
Here's the art I've made up for the back:View attachment 39202
Nice artwork! As a DIY fanatic, I understand why you might want to make your own shirts. But, like you, I just don't have enough time to DIY everything. I do like to find decently priced bargains, though. Two sources of building materials locally are the Habitat for Humanity Restore Store, where they sell donated used or surplus stuff. I've gotten Kaehrs oak flooring, some beautiful tiles for my kitchen, kitchen cabinets, and loads of glues, pastes, grouts, and window shades for my place. Our Lowe's here also feature cull racks for lumber. Sure, you usually get a few dude pieces, but for the most part, there's not a lot wrong with the lots they sell for pennies on the dollar. And anything that is unusable for construction goes into the stove for heat.

There were 4 eggs.

Great logo Ernie. Did you design that yourself? If so, you have a real talent and maybe could make some serious side money designing and silk screening shirts.

While it is nice to ponder that some people wish to demonstrate their reverence by remaining on their feet, I agree that it isn't always comfortable, or feasible, for some others to do so. Maybe if you could persuade the pastor to designate some of the front pews as "seated"?

We explained to the ministerial staff the issues--especially our "Senior Saints" who run about age 60 to 90+ and a number of younger folks often have physical issues that makes standing for long periods very uncomfortable or impossible. But I guess we got overruled so no change was made. It would help if they would just suggest those who want to stand take the back pews or move to the outer edges of the seating, but we haven't figured out any way to suggest that without seeming like crochety old complainers.

Finally just got back from having the wife's Prius window tinting done. When they were done they told me the battery had died and wanted to know how to jump start it, good thing we had the manual.......
Picked up a soda and dropped it off with the wife then stopped by the Toyota service shop on the way home, they checked the battery and a few other things, said everything was good that the guys doing the window tinting probably had a fan running and of course all the doors open and that ran the battery down, took a couple of hours, dropped it at 11am and they were done at 2 pm. Also had them install "The Screen", a accordion sun screen for the front windshield that stays attached to the front passenger side and hooks on the drivers side when extended, no more digging around the back for the fold out windshield sun screen.

A man who lives on the tenth floor takes the elevator down to the first floor every morning and goes to work. In the evening, when he comes back; on a rainy day, or if there are other people in the elevator, he usually goes to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up the remaining three flights of stairs to his apartment.
Can you explain why he doesn't go all the way to the tenth floor every day?

Nobody wants to tackle this?

There were 4 eggs.

Nice artwork! As a DIY fanatic, I understand why you might want to make your own shirts. But, like you, I just don't have enough time to DIY everything. I do like to find decently priced bargains, though. Two sources of building materials locally are the Habitat for Humanity Restore Store, where they sell donated used or surplus stuff. I've gotten Kaehrs oak flooring, some beautiful tiles for my kitchen, kitchen cabinets, and loads of glues, pastes, grouts, and window shades for my place. Our Lowe's here also feature cull racks for lumber. Sure, you usually get a few dude pieces, but for the most part, there's not a lot wrong with the lots they sell for pennies on the dollar. And anything that is unusable for construction goes into the stove for heat.
Thanks!

We have a re store here too and I have gotten some good bargains. Unfortunately, Lowe's doesn't have a cull rack here, nor does the Home de Pot.

There were 4 eggs.

Great logo Ernie. Did you design that yourself? If so, you have a real talent and maybe could make some serious side money designing and silk screening shirts.
I took elements off of our professionally designed logo and added the address. Had to modify a lot to get it into shape to print.

I've designed art for shirts and embroidered patches before. Never really tried to make money at it, but I do consider myself pretty decent at computer generated graphics.

Forum List

Back