USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning !

Wednesdays smile

0-funny-animals-4.jpg

Good morning everybody. And happy hump day. . .again. I mentioned that yesterday because yesterday was Wednesday all day to me--and not one of you questioned it. :)

Thank you, Foxy, and a very good morning to you, as well. I wasn't here yesterday so I missed those posts, not that I would have corrected you in public, rather a PM, maybe, if I thought, you thought, yesterday was Wednesday. I am sure glad it wasn't as I don't look forward to Thursdays. Yesterday was a very prolific day for me. Many good things came together. :)

Good morning everybody. And happy hump day. . .again. I mentioned that yesterday because yesterday was Wednesday all day to me--and not one of you questioned it. :)

Thank you, Foxy, and a very good morning to you, as well. I wasn't here yesterday so I missed those posts, not that I would have corrected you in public, rather a PM, maybe, if I thought, you thought, yesterday was Wednesday. I am sure glad it wasn't as I don't look forward to Thursdays. Yesterday was a very prolific day for me. Many good things came together. :)

Glad to hear you had a good day AA. And trust me, I would not be offended if somebody pointed out to me that I had my days mixed up. Sometimes if people didn't point out what I have mixed up, there wouldn't be anything to talk about at all. :)

What's wrong with Thursdays? My only beef with Thursday is that if Project Runway isn't in season, there's nothing on TV.

Glad to hear you had a good day AA. And trust me, I would not be offended if somebody pointed out to me that I had my days mixed up. Sometimes if people didn't point out what I have mixed up, there wouldn't be anything to talk about at all. :)

What's wrong with Thursdays? My only beef with Thursday is that if Project Runway isn't in season, there's nothing on TV.

Foxy wrote: And trust me, I would not be offended if somebody pointed out to me that I had my days mixed up.

I would have done it that way, because it mattered to me, not presuming anyone else.

Thursdays, I have an obligation I don't look forward to, so I am glad it happens at night, for I have the good things of the day, to make the burden, lighter. :wink_2:

Well, since cutting the cord on cable, I watch the shows I missed on other nights, on one of my two Chromebooks, with a 15 inch screen. Very good speakers, too. It is amazing how many of the shows I like are on YouTube, and without commercials. ( not that I expect all this wonderment to stay this way )

As an example, I watched The Voice which aired Monday night, on Tuesday, and tonight I will watch The Voice which aired last night, Tuesday, tonight. :thup: There isn't any show I just am dying to see, on the night it airs. I am not that much into TV shows. I did find The Americans, my fave show, also on YouTube. :thup: Also Netflix streamed through Roku and other apps, are on my TV screens, if I don't want to watch on the Chromebooks. One door closes, another opens? :wink_2:

I thought you would have got it when I put up Tuesday's smile with at big grin. :)

LOL. I should have, but was a little slow on the uptake. Lots going on yesterday and it didn't help trying to fit Wednesday into Tuesday. :)

I thought you would have got it when I put up Tuesday's smile with at big grin. :)

LOL. I should have, but was a little slow on the uptake. Lots going on yesterday and it didn't help trying to fit Wednesday into Tuesday. :)

LOL. I don't think that there is one of us here that have not done the same thing at one time or another.
I thought Monday was Tuesday all day too!
I think Easter messed us up. Sounds like a good excuse to me. :biggrin:

Well, since cutting the cord on cable, I watch the shows I missed on other nights, on one of my two Chromebooks, with a 15 inch screen. Very good speakers, too. It is amazing how many of the shows I like are on YouTube, and without commercials. ( not that I expect all this wonderment to stay this way )

As an example, I watched The Voice which aired Monday night, on Tuesday, and tonight I will watch The Voice which aired last night, Tuesday, tonight. :thup: There isn't any show I just am dying to see, on the night it airs. I am not that much into TV shows. I did find The Americans, my fave show, also on YouTube. :thup: Also Netflix streamed through Roku and other apps, are on my TV screens, if I don't want to watch on the Chromebooks. One door closes, another opens? :wink_2:

My problem is that it is hard for me to just sit back and watch TV while doing nothing else. I want to be working on something or doing something while I watch TV. So I have a TV on in the kitchen when I'm cooking and that way can keep up with the day's breaking news and happenings. And I usually am doing something on the computer while watching "The Voice" or other favorite programs, so watching TV on a tablet or computer moniter isn't an option for me.

Plus I really REALLY love our big screen HD TV. :)

So tonight, the results show for Mon & Tues "The Voice" AND "American Idol" AND "Survivor" will be running simultaneously between 7 and 8 pm and our DVR will only record two shows at the same time and you can't be watching a third channel while two others are recording. Very frustrating. We'll probably watch "The Voice" results show on the computer and let the DVR record the other two.

LOL. I don't think that there is one of us here that have not done the same thing at one time or another.
Lots going on here too.
Hubby is sick with a bad cold since Saturday,my car is in the shop and we are getting the house painted.

Lots going on here too.
Hubby is sick with a bad cold since Saturday,my car is in the shop and we are getting the house painted.

These colds that have been circulating around the country the last few months have been really vicious. Sending your husband virtual chicken soup vibes. I feel your pain about the car going into the shop--it is time for Hombre's Subaru to get a new timing belt assembly that will cost us close to a thousand dollars, but the risk of the cost of not doing it is much worse.

And as for having the house painted. Outside not that big a deal but expensive and we do usually want to make sure it gets done right. Inside, there aren't many things that disrupt our lives at home more.

Lots going on here too.
Busy day. Most everyday has been busy for me for the last couple of weeks. Still rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic (organizing unpacked boxes and moving boxes to other rooms) as well as unpacking. Keep finding more kitchen boxes and the kitchen is nearly filled up, gotta sort though all the pots, pans, dishes, etc that we aren't using and set them aside for donation. The same is true with all the wife's clothing and jewelry...... I'm going to open a jewelry store and sell half of it.......
Did something I'm embarrassed over, something I haven't done in 20 plus years. Yesterday when we got home from me picking the wife up from work the property manager was at the house, had just posted a note on the door. The first check I wrote for the partial months rent bounced. Needless to say I was shocked and embarrassed, did some research and found out what mistake I made. Wrote the check when we signed the lease on one bank account which we didn't use very often and that night when I went to check account balances I checked the other bank (the one we had been using in Trinidad, saw there was enough money to cover the check and forgot about it....... Oops.
First thing this morning I picked up a cashiers check, included the bounced check fee to the management company, and dropped it off, explained what happened and profusely apologized, they were good about it, I assume it was because I took care of it immediately.

Lots going on here too.
Busy day. Most everyday has been busy for me for the last couple of weeks. Still rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic (organizing unpacked boxes and moving boxes to other rooms) as well as unpacking. Keep finding more kitchen boxes and the kitchen is nearly filled up, gotta sort though all the pots, pans, dishes, etc that we aren't using and set them aside for donation. The same is true with all the wife's clothing and jewelry...... I'm going to open a jewelry store and sell half of it.......
Did something I'm embarrassed over, something I haven't done in 20 plus years. Yesterday when we got home from me picking the wife up from work the property manager was at the house, had just posted a note on the door. The first check I wrote for the partial months rent bounced. Needless to say I was shocked and embarrassed, did some research and found out what mistake I made. Wrote the check when we signed the lease on one bank account which we didn't use very often and that night when I went to check account balances I checked the other bank (the one we had been using in Trinidad, saw there was enough money to cover the check and forgot about it....... Oops.
First thing this morning I picked up a cashiers check, included the bounced check fee to the management company, and dropped it off, explained what happened and profusely apologized, they were good about it, I assume it was because I took care of it immediately.

Stuff happens, most especially when we're under time and energy pressures and are stressed. I'm sure they understood.

My problem is that it is hard for me to just sit back and watch TV while doing nothing else. I want to be working on something or doing something while I watch TV. .

I have no such compulsions, I am a couch potato and I watch films on TV back to back. I have been in clover for the last couple of weeks because there are four new TV channels and they are right up my street. There is an action film channel called 'movies4men' and another new channel called 'horror' There is also another channel called CBS action, and that has a rerun of the original star trek series. Finally there is another new one starting this week and it's going to show the entire series of ' breaking bad' . Like I said, I am in clover.

A man who lives on the tenth floor takes the elevator down to the first floor every morning and goes to work. In the evening, when he comes back; on a rainy day, or if there are other people in the elevator, he usually goes to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up the remaining three flights of stairs to his apartment.
Can you explain why he doesn't go all the way to the tenth floor every day?

Nobody wants to tackle this?
Here is another elevator challenge.

A high rise office building with 60 floors has six elevators. Each elevator holds 25 people. During morning work arrival time, during going to and returning from lunch, and during end of day leaving time the elevators are highly used and highly inefficient
Examples:
I arrive at work in the morning and get on the elevator, I work on the 50th floor. The other 24 people on the elevator each work on floors 2 through 25 thus causing the elevator to stop on each floor from 2 to 25, then ride with only one passenger from floor 25 to 50. The first 24 stops are painfully slow.
At lunch and when going home, 25 of us get on the elevator on the 50th floor. On the way down, the elevator stops at every floor because others have pushed a button to catch the downward elevator, but there is no room (the elevator doesn't know it is full). Each stop is painfully slow.

How can you make the elevators more efficient?
My experience indicates that certain elevators serve certain floors.
That would be the solution. You assign some elevators to only service a specific floor range, say floors 21 through 40 or floors 41 through 60, but all elevators can get to floor 1.

Forum List

Back