USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, the fridge and dryer were just installed, happy about that, however the washer hasn't arrived yet......... Not happy about that. They say Friday........ At least I washed a small load a couple of days ago so we have clean underwear.

No kidding. But I'm going to shut down and try for now. I still am not adjusted to Daylight Savings time. I can't get to the vigil list right now but there are no changes--my PC is doing a gazillion updates at the moment. Good night everybody.

Good morning everybody. And happy hump day. . .again. I mentioned that yesterday because yesterday was Wednesday all day to me--and not one of you questioned it. :)

I thought you would have got it when I put up Tuesday's smile with at big grin. :)

LOL. I should have, but was a little slow on the uptake. Lots going on yesterday and it didn't help trying to fit Wednesday into Tuesday. :)

LOL. I don't think that there is one of us here that have not done the same thing at one time or another.
I thought Monday was Tuesday all day too!
I think Easter messed us up. Sounds like a good excuse to me. :biggrin:
Lots going on here too.
Hubby is sick with a bad cold since Saturday,my car is in the shop and we are getting the house painted.

These colds that have been circulating around the country the last few months have been really vicious. Sending your husband virtual chicken soup vibes. I feel your pain about the car going into the shop--it is time for Hombre's Subaru to get a new timing belt assembly that will cost us close to a thousand dollars, but the risk of the cost of not doing it is much worse.

And as for having the house painted. Outside not that big a deal but expensive and we do usually want to make sure it gets done right. Inside, there aren't many things that disrupt our lives at home more.
After painting the exterior of my house ONCE, I will most definitely find someone else to do it any subsequent time. What a nightmare!

I will be absent for a few days with some big (positive) news when I return.

Right. Tease. But we'll await impatiently for the good news.
Looks like I'm not the only one who can't seem to get to sleep....... :D
Not the only one. I took the night off from work, I still have two does due, one gave birth a few hours ago (two nice boys). While the temps are above freezing, the poor little critters come out wet and the mommas can only do so much. If the new kids' body temperatures drop too low, they will not properly digest their first meal(s). We're up to 15 new babies...

You guys are up at 2.30am ? I used to do that but not any more. I got woken up early this morning by a pair of seagulls having sex on the roof under my bedroom window. I hope they are not planning on nesting there because I have been through that before, and I was woken up at dawn every morning for weeks, until the chicks flew the nest.

I thought you would have got it when I put up Tuesday's smile with at big grin. :)

LOL. I should have, but was a little slow on the uptake. Lots going on yesterday and it didn't help trying to fit Wednesday into Tuesday. :)

LOL. I don't think that there is one of us here that have not done the same thing at one time or another.
I thought Monday was Tuesday all day too!
I think Easter messed us up. Sounds like a good excuse to me. :biggrin:
Lots going on here too.
Hubby is sick with a bad cold since Saturday,my car is in the shop and we are getting the house painted.

These colds that have been circulating around the country the last few months have been really vicious. Sending your husband virtual chicken soup vibes. I feel your pain about the car going into the shop--it is time for Hombre's Subaru to get a new timing belt assembly that will cost us close to a thousand dollars, but the risk of the cost of not doing it is much worse.

And as for having the house painted. Outside not that big a deal but expensive and we do usually want to make sure it gets done right. Inside, there aren't many things that disrupt our lives at home more.
After painting the exterior of my house ONCE, I will most definitely find someone else to do it any subsequent time. What a nightmare!

We hired someone to do our exterior this time, because hubby and I just can't do any longer.
The guy is doing a real nice job and it is looking great.
He should be done by today or tomorrow.

Up at 7:30..... think the wife woke me up just because she was in a bad mood......
Well I do have errands to run, wonder what it's like to sleep drive........

Good morning. I'm glad I wasn't awakened too early--I am usually pretty easy going but. . . .let's just say it goes better if I can get up on my own terms. :)

Now it IS Thursday isn't it?

I always wonder what time shows up on your computer for my posts. I made my last post just before 1 a.m. Dajjal - Mountain Daylight Savings Time. Ringel I believe is still on Mountain time in El Paso even though he moved there from Colorado--that one area of Texas is the only part that isn't on Central time. GW is 2 hours earlier than us but not sure what they call the time in Alaska. :)

And I believe it is 7 hours later than us where Dajjal is--already getting into the late afternoon there. And it is tomorrow in Australia already. I sure wish Noomi would resurface.

Morning

Thursday smile
a-funny-animals-221.jpg

Greetings, Everybody!
Four new kids the last couple of days. I'm working to help the last two get a good start and learn where the lunch counter is. Two more moms to go. The temps have been reasonable, with a skin of ice over the patches of water in the morning. That's still too cold to let the little ones fend for themselves, though.
Seems everyone is weathering their respective trials and tribulations as well as one might expect. Hopefully Spring...and later, Summer, will bring everyone improved circumstances.

Greetings, Everybody!
Four new kids the last couple of days. I'm working to help the last two get a good start and learn where the lunch counter is. Two more moms to go. The temps have been reasonable, with a skin of ice over the patches of water in the morning. That's still too cold to let the little ones fend for themselves, though.
Seems everyone is weathering their respective trials and tribulations as well as one might expect. Hopefully Spring...and later, Summer, will bring everyone improved circumstances.

Ya know, when I mentioned it's a whole different world down here I didn't know how much that entailed. The wife and I still, even after three years, have a DC metro mindset, fast paced, cosmopolitan and a work culture (not government employee related) that provides everything needed to get the job done at the drop of a hat. The wife is complaining that the toner is out in the office copier...... toner was ordered 2 weeks ago..... "it should be here soon"....... She has to requisition a laptop case if she wants one, "no one else uses a case"....... She has to provide her own basic office supplies or wait a week to get them.......
Also, while Hispanics make up the majority of the population they're still mostly treated as second class citizens, even by their own people, it boggles the mind.
I've found the Latino population to be the friendliest, most respectful and most helpful group of people since coming back out west and that goes double for El Paso, especially if one at least tries to speak their language and treat them with respect.

Greetings, Everybody!

Actually I would love to do that with the baby goats. . And yes, it does seem that everybody has a full plate right now but I'm looking forward to this too passing. :)

Forum List

Back