Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I totally miss freedombecki and think of her often. I loved her political posts. I fear the worst for her, for she would have alerted us to anything awful to which she had an awareness. :(

Yes me too AA. Becki hasn't posted since last July. We all knew of her severe health problems and the terrible challenge of dealing with a husband with advanced dementia, but to just drop off the map without a word, I too fear something terrible happened. And I know Sheila wasn't at all happy with the new software, etc.--most of those who left or don't come by much these days left because of that--so I'm hoping that was the case with Sheila but I would feel better about it if she had said goodbye. Same with Jughead who had been really active before POOF, he just disappeared. Some others presumably committed infractions serious enough they will not be allowed to return, but they are okay elsewhere. And Noomi is now MIA for more than a month and is in my daily prayers.

AgainSheila DID say she wouldn't be back. It was in a post here in the CS. I thought she would change her mind, as so many have, but guess not, at least as of this post in time. Jughead....I REALLY miss him, too. I loved his pictures of food that didn't have a lot of sugar in them..lol. Great junk food, I only can think about, except once a year or two. I seldom have cravings for it. We are creatures of habit.

Becki, though, had been here so long and a worthy contributor anywhere on the board. I think she said one time, this was her way, of getting away from all the familial burdens she was enduring. I miss her. I didn't know of any health problems she, herself, was having and that is why I am so confused as to her absence.

Morning All!

With little warning (two days) our sales manager has retired and it became official Friday at 5 that I am the used car operations manager. Have to run and prep for my first meeting with staff at 9:15.

Good luck. Management is a stressful position. You have to please those under you and those above you.

Rather wiped out here too. I did get Doc's opened up and placed the order for tee-shirts (half down).
Then I came home and laid down. I did get a couple hours sleep. Just ate a bit of the Boston butt left over from last night and a huge helping of blackberry cobbler and am about ready for another nap.

Dang, that sounds good. All good things. :thup:

Called this morning to confirm the delivery of my washer today....... "Your washing machine is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday the 14th........." Got a hold of a live person, told them to cancel my order and refund my money, that taken care of we went to Lowes, got a $800 washer for $435 (sale plus 10% as it's a floor model) and it will be delivered tomorrow morning........

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Chris in transition,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I totally miss freedombecki and think of her often. I loved her political posts. I fear the worst for her, for she would have alerted us to anything awful to which she had an awareness. :(

Yes me too AA. Becki hasn't posted since last July. We all knew of her severe health problems and the terrible challenge of dealing with a husband with advanced dementia, but to just drop off the map without a word, I too fear something terrible happened. And I know Sheila wasn't at all happy with the new software, etc.--most of those who left or don't come by much these days left because of that--so I'm hoping that was the case with Sheila but I would feel better about it if she had said goodbye. Same with Jughead who had been really active before POOF, he just disappeared. Some others presumably committed infractions serious enough they will not be allowed to return, but they are okay elsewhere. And Noomi is now MIA for more than a month and is in my daily prayers.

AgainSheila DID say she wouldn't be back. It was in a post here in the CS. I thought she would change her mind, as so many have, but guess not, at least as of this post in time. Jughead....I REALLY miss him, too. I loved his pictures of food that didn't have a lot of sugar in them..lol. Great junk food, I only can think about, except once a year or two. I seldom have cravings for it. We are creatures of habit.

Becki, though, had been here so long and a worthy contributor anywhere on the board. I think she said one time, this was her way, of getting away from all the familial burdens she was enduring. I miss her. I didn't know of any health problems she, herself, was having and that is why I am so confused as to her absence.

Becki had advanced fibromyalgia that was creating severe difficulties for her. And just before her disappearance she had taken a bad fall and broke several bones in her face. Most were healing on their own but it is possible some required some surgery. . .and maybe something went wrong? I honestly don't know. But I miss her terribly.

Last edited:
Morning All!

With little warning (two days) our sales manager has retired and it became official Friday at 5 that I am the used car operations manager. Have to run and prep for my first meeting with staff at 9:15.

That indeed is great news Save and congratulations. I hope it comes with mostly positive benefits and satisfaction for you and only manageable headaches that all in management have to deal with.

th

Last edited:
Called this morning to confirm the delivery of my washer today....... "Your washing machine is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday the 14th........." Got a hold of a live person, told them to cancel my order and refund my money, that taken care of we went to Lowes, got a $800 washer for $435 (sale plus 10% as it's a floor model) and it will be delivered tomorrow morning........

Yes, we've had much MUCH better luck buying from Lowe's (and others) than we have ever had with Sears. Even with the fiasco about our refrigerator that has become more funny than anything else. But Lowe's is delivering on Sunday? I'm not sure even our Lowe's would do that, but will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Back to unpacking/resorting/rearranging boxes, so far I've found 4 more wardrobe boxes (my stuff took up one half of one box), 3 boxes of shoes and boots (again.......), 6 boxes of clothes with jewelry wrapped up in them (no, not small boxes). There's at least 30 boxes of books that have yet to be unpacked among the myriad other boxes with the innumerable other items in them.
Some stuff has already gone into the donation/sale boxes and when we're finished with all the unpacking and sorting then we can go through and get rid of a boat load of crap we don't want, need or use anymore. No more $10,000 moves....... unless we win big at the lottery........ :thup:

Back to unpacking/resorting/rearranging boxes, so far I've found 4 more wardrobe boxes (my stuff took up one half of one box), 3 boxes of shoes and boots (again.......), 6 boxes of clothes with jewelry wrapped up in them (no, not small boxes). There's at least 30 boxes of books that have yet to be unpacked among the myriad other boxes with the innumerable other items in them.
Some stuff has already gone into the donation/sale boxes and when we're finished with all the unpacking and sorting then we can go through and get rid of a boat load of crap we don't want, need or use anymore. No more $10,000 moves....... unless we win big at the lottery........ :thup:

And maybe the legal process to untangle your disability benefits application will be easier to negotiate in Texas than it was in Colorado?

And maybe the legal process to untangle your disability benefits application will be easier to negotiate in Texas than it was in Colorado?
Still in the appeal process, when the hearing comes up it will be via teleconference so it doesn't really matter where I am. If I refile in Texas the whole process starts all over again....... No thanks......

I hear you AquaAthena, complicated even more by the fact I am the youngest person on the sales team. First twenty-four hours out of the gate and I instituted a procedure the sales department has wanted for years and bought a car at the auction,. Winning hearts and minds.

I hear you AquaAthena, complicated even more by the fact I am the youngest person on the sales team. First twenty-four hours out of the gate and I instituted a procedure the sales department has wanted for years and bought a car at the auction,. Winning hearts and minds.

So are you going to keep doing your landscape business or will your new position be pretty full time now? And how much can we exploit you to find out the least we can offer for a car and buy it? (kidding)

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!

1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3

Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H 0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,

B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Chris in transition,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,

th

Becki had advanced fibromyalgia that was creating severe difficulties for her. And just before her disappearance she had taken a bad fall and broke several bones in her face. Most were healing on their own but it is possible some required some surgery. . .and maybe something went wrong? I honestly don't know. But I miss her terribly.
I can only hope that Becki has fully recovered. She was such a wonderful person!

Makes you wish you had gone through the donation stuff before moving it, doesn't it?

Makes you wish you had gone through the donation stuff before moving it, doesn't it?
Wanted too but we didn't have the time so everything got packed all the way back to our move from Northern Virginia. We were able to get rid of some of it while we were in the Springs and a little when we were in Trinidad. The biggest problem is the wife, "we're gonna loose the weight and get back into these clothes......." Tonight I told her when we loose the weight we'll buy more clothes, get rid of all the crap that doesn't fit now, that would take care of around 15 big to small boxes of clothing.
She did get rid of one (stuffed full) wardrobe box when we moved our storage into my dads big work shop/shed and half the stuff I "inherited" I donated or tossed also. I'll see what she does with the books when we finally get them unpacked, I know some of mine will go bye, bye.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Forum List

Back