Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Hey Mr. H. Good to see you. And spending a weekend with the grandbaby is a pretty great way to spend the weekend. :)
To a point.. Tomorrow we insulate and drywall my son's basement. With the appertaining hangover. :lol:

Well, we have drywalled a basement and it wasn't fun. So I'll hope for a speedy and successful project for you.

And good morning everybody. Having some fortifying coffee before leaving for the early church service in about a half hour, then off to brunch, and this afternoon we need to do the necessary cleaning before the house cleaning crew comes in the morning.

Hey Mr. H. Good to see you. And spending a weekend with the grandbaby is a pretty great way to spend the weekend. :)
To a point.. Tomorrow we insulate and drywall my son's basement. With the appertaining hangover. :lol:

Well, we have drywalled a basement and it wasn't fun. So I'll hope for a speedy and successful project for you.

And good morning everybody. Having some fortifying coffee before leaving for the early church service in about a half hour, then off to brunch, and this afternoon we need to do the necessary cleaning before the house cleaning crew comes in the morning.

What did you not enjoy about your dry-walled basement? I had one, once, and loved it. So did the cats. :)

What did you not enjoy about your dry-walled basement? I had one, once, and loved it. So did the cats. :)

Oh the basement, once finished, was fine. It was the process of finishing it that was a royal pain. Hombre and I did most of the drywalling ourselves after the electrician and plumber did their thing. Drywalling a solid concrete wall is a LOT of work.

Oh the basement, once finished, was fine. It was the process of finishing it that was a royal pain. Hombre and I did most of the drywalling ourselves after the electrician and plumber did their thing. Drywalling a solid concrete wall is a LOT of work.
Then you did it the hard way. :dunno:

Having some issues, as I've already stated I ran out of my Flowmax a couple of days ago and the meds I ordered should have been in Friday, Saturday at the latest......... Nope........
Slept for an hour and a half, up at 3:30 till 6am then back up around 9am, pissing problems....... the meds better be here Monday......
Good news, the new washer will be here today, yup Foxy, they do deliver on Sunday! :thup:

I hear you AquaAthena, complicated even more by the fact I am the youngest person on the sales team. First twenty-four hours out of the gate and I instituted a procedure the sales department has wanted for years and bought a car at the auction,. Winning hearts and minds.

So are you going to keep doing your landscape business or will your new position be pretty full time now? And how much can we exploit you to find out the least we can offer for a car and buy it? (kidding)

I will probably not accept any big projects this year and not replace customers. It as basically what I do in November when the past manager went on vacation most of the month. A few more duties and a lot of new stuff to learn. Once I'm past that it should be much better. The timing is just bad for landscape season.

The landscaping is my way of having a hobby and being a little artsy.

Then you did it the hard way. :dunno:

I don't know what the easy way is. :) At any rate, after working at it for awhile, a contractor friend stepped up to take over at a price we could afford. It went much faster then. :)

I hear you AquaAthena, complicated even more by the fact I am the youngest person on the sales team. First twenty-four hours out of the gate and I instituted a procedure the sales department has wanted for years and bought a car at the auction,. Winning hearts and minds.

So are you going to keep doing your landscape business or will your new position be pretty full time now? And how much can we exploit you to find out the least we can offer for a car and buy it? (kidding)

I will probably not accept any big projects this year and not replace customers. It as basically what I do in November when the past manager went on vacation most of the month. A few more duties and a lot of new stuff to learn. Once I'm past that it should be much better. The timing is just bad for landscape season.

The landscaping is my way of having a hobby and being a little artsy.

I hear that. If the promotion had come in October, it would have been easier to manage I'm sure. But hope it all works out and is great for you.

Was just watching a clip on the internet re a proposal to build a huge shopping mall and recreational center, including a tram from the rim to the floor of the Grand Canyon. I confess to having mixed emotions about it. There isn't a lot to do when you visit the Canyon now other than just take pictures, unless you hike or take the mules to the bottom. Apparently there is a big surge to get enough signatures to force the government to nix the project. The protests are for aesthetic reasons of course but also that the area is sacred to Navajo--their creation story has the tribe emerging from that area. . .

. . .but the tribal leaders are all for the project because it would provide a lot of jobs for their people who need those jobs.

I won't be signing the petition for or against, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Hello everybody... Checking in. I've been a bit busy the last few days. Last Thursday just before dark we had some terrible storms pass through our area. There was three different tornados. The worst of the lot was a huge EF-4 wedge-shaped tornado that passed very near the Rochelle area. It killed 2 people and injured 22. Many homes completely destroyed and several of them belonged to people I am friends with. I've never seen such destruction - even as a result of war. Prayers requested for the people who lost everything and who were injured as a result of these storms. I was lucky. I only lost one tree because of high winds. Mother nature was not kind to us in this area last Thursday.

Hello everybody... Checking in. I've been a bit busy the last few days. Last Thursday just before dark we had some terrible storms pass through our area. There was three different tornados. The worst of the lot was a huge EF-4 wedge-shaped tornado that passed very near the Rochelle area. It killed 2 people and injured 22. Many homes completely destroyed and several of them belonged to people I am friends with. I've never seen such destruction - even as a result of war. Prayers requested for the people who lost everything and who were injured as a result of these storms. I was lucky. I only lost one tree because of high winds. Mother nature was not kind to us in this area last Thursday.

Glad you didn't have more damage. I wasn't exactly sure where you are in Illinois but thought about you and those tornados. I didn't know that Rocelle got hit so hard--the same tornado that took out Fairdale?

Last night I was on Facebook in steady contact with my granddaughter who was freaking out that a tornadic storm was making a beeline for her hometown in west Texas--she is in college and was 60 miles away from there but feared for her parents who have no storm cellar. As it turned out the storm went south of there and weakened rapidly so did no serious damage to anything other than nerves.

It was kind of fun 'riding along' with the storm chasers who were live streaming their chases though. But alas, disappointing for them too. At one point there was a definite hook on the radar--obvious to anybody--but it quickly dissipated and no more developed.

I hope all of my CS friends have enjoyed their weekend.:) My daughter stopped by yesterday morning to pick up her brother and they headed off for some fun at Busch Gardens. When they returned home, we had some great eats.:thup: It's official...my kids think WQ is a better cook than me, and they're right.:D This time next week we'll be visiting Monticello.:banana:

P1000144.jpg

Forum List

Back