USMB Coffee Shop IV

I love ridiculous signs and these are a hoot! Enjoy!
sJHAla9.jpg

azJVhLc.jpg
LU00luG.jpg
tZe5c1A.jpg
1q8PVpC.jpg
hDENbdM.jpg
bQXHDa1.jpg

Can't get them to load for me Westie. And I want to see them.

Drat! I'll see what I can do to get them up tomorrow.

It's okay. They show up fine when you hit reply as Ernie suggested. And I enjoyed them. :)

Yes. Worked just fine. We learned something new today....already. :)

Nobody is tackling the riddle?

I don't do anything requiring thought processes, the first thing in the morning. I am basically still asleep at the wheel, until I get my second cup of coffee down, and then it's time to get ready, to get ready, for work. Can't wait to get those exercises behind me, each morning. lol

Evening folks. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I have the house to myself this week as my poppet will be away on business. Boo!

Just now saw this mdk. Happy you dropped by. Sometimes I enjoy a day or two by myself, but miss him if he is gone for a week. So I hear you.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Okay for the couple of folks who inquired about the answer off screen, here was the question:

A bus driver was heading down a street in Colorado. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?​

The answer is: He was walking.

Good morning all. We are into a definite cooling trend here -- temps probably won't get out of low 60's today and with a wind advisory, that will feel really chilly. Lots of rain east of us for some reason and it doesn't seem to know what way it is going. But we almost never get rain from the east so probably not for us.

Hoping everybody is having a splendid Monday such as it is. :)
5" of rain here yesterday! Not terribly unusual, but parts of West Mobile are flooded as usual.
Doc's made out just fine.

I love ridiculous signs and these are a hoot! Enjoy!
sJHAla9.jpg

azJVhLc.jpg
LU00luG.jpg
tZe5c1A.jpg
1q8PVpC.jpg
hDENbdM.jpg
bQXHDa1.jpg

Can't get them to load for me Westie. And I want to see them.

Drat! I'll see what I can do to get them up tomorrow.

It's okay. They show up fine when you hit reply as Ernie suggested. And I enjoyed them. :)

Yes. Worked just fine. We learned something new today....already. :)

And now they are showing up on the message board page too. One of those unexplainable mysteries.

Geeze, just spent a couple of hours arguing with someone on the board who pretended to want a rational argument then started deflecting and accusing me of deflection when he didn't like the scientifically based answers I was providing. Talk about an exercise in futility........ I should have known better due to the first series of exchanges..... :lol:

Geeze, just spent a couple of hours arguing with someone on the board who pretended to want a rational argument then started deflecting and accusing me of deflection when he didn't like the scientifically based answers I was providing. Talk about an exercise in futility........ I should have known better due to the first series of exchanges..... :lol:

Well I was taught long ago that only an idiot argues with an. . . .

Doesn't keep me from being one now and then though. :) (It's really easy to get sucked in.)

Been cool today, low to mid 60s, overcast with occasional rain and wind, made it feel like it was in the mid 50s. Had the house shut up all day. Great news! My flowmax showed up today, took 5 days to get forwarded from Trinidad, CO, no wonder it's called snail mail........ The plumbing is finally getting back to normal...... Thank God!!!

Good morning everybody. Today is Senior Saints luncheon day, so Hombre and I will be headed over to the church after while to help set up. Looking forward to the program. Our speaker is a lady who became a Christian as a college student in Russia and then came to the USA for post graduate education. While she was obtaining her masters and PhD here, the U.S.S.R. fell apart and somehow her passport became invalid so that she could not return to Russia. So after years of trying to resolve that problem without success, for the last nine years she has been pursuing a path to citizenship here. Should be really interesting.

Been cool today, low to mid 60s, overcast with occasional rain and wind, made it feel like it was in the mid 50s. Had the house shut up all day. Great news! My flowmax showed up today, took 5 days to get forwarded from Trinidad, CO, no wonder it's called snail mail........ The plumbing is finally getting back to normal...... Thank God!!!

Small blessings - big benefits. Sometimes the unexpected helps us regain perspective about what is really important. And when you need to go and can't, that sort of becomes more important than anything else. :) But all is well that has been resolved and all that. . . .

Some months ago my Uncle Ed's plumbing shut down and it became an emergency situation. When the doctor wouldn't help I hauled him to urgent care where they took well over 1000 ccs out of his bladder and installed a foley catheter. He had that catheter then for many months until we finally found a urologist who knew how to fix his problem with laser surgery--took several more months to get that scheduled, but it fixed his problem. And now he has no plumbing issues.

G'mornin', coffee shop! The wife pulled something in her back and is hobbling about in slow motion..... Poor old girl. May have to put her out of her misery.....

Today IS Tuesday, isn't it? That means I go in at 1, get the place ready to go and come home and try to get some sleep before going back in at 8 to do Security.
It'll be 4 AM before I get home.

Right now we're waiting on the wife's insurance to kick in and I'm on it. It's pretty inexpensive, about $160 a month for both of us and as long as we use the medical centers physicians, etc all our doctors co-pays are around $10 and the University Medical Center of El Paso is huge so no problem finding the docs and services we might need.

I hope all of my CS friends have enjoyed their weekend.:) My daughter stopped by yesterday morning to pick up her brother and they headed off for some fun at Busch Gardens. When they returned home, we had some great eats.:thup: It's official...my kids think WQ is a better cook than me, and they're right.:D This time next week we'll be visiting Monticello.:banana:

P1000144.jpg

I can think of a whole lot worse things than having a guy who can out cook me. :) Alas, my guy cannot. He made a valiant effort though during a brief trial with him being the house husband and me working the most stressful job I've ever had, and it included 12+ hour days, seven days a week sometimes. I always thought that one of the greatest things would be to have a wife who would relieve me of all the other-than-work details so I could focus on the job. And I was right. It was great.

But I sure learned to eat some strange things. He did learn not to substitute worchestershire sauce for soy sauce. :)

It didn't last all that long though. I hit one of those take this job and shove it moment, cleaned out my desk, and left. Together we fire up our old business and never looked back. And now we split all the home duty stuff pretty evenly and it is all good.

I hope all of my CS friends have enjoyed their weekend.:) My daughter stopped by yesterday morning to pick up her brother and they headed off for some fun at Busch Gardens. When they returned home, we had some great eats.:thup: It's official...my kids think WQ is a better cook than me, and they're right.:D This time next week we'll be visiting Monticello.:banana:

P1000144.jpg

I can think of a whole lot worse things than having a guy who can out cook me. :) Alas, my guy cannot. He made a valiant effort though during a brief trial with him being the house husband and me working the most stressful job I've ever had, and it included 12+ hour days, seven days a week sometimes. I always thought that one of the greatest things would be to have a wife who would relieve me of all the other-than-work details so I could focus on the job. And I was right. It was great.

But I sure learned to eat some strange things. He did learn not to substitute worchestershire sauce for soy sauce. :)

It didn't last all that long though. I hit one of those take this job and shove it moment, cleaned out my desk, and left. Together we fire up our old business and never looked back. And now we split all the home duty stuff pretty evenly and it is all good.

I do a decent amount of 'housewife' kind of duties, but I can't cook. Luckily I'm a nanny, not a house-husband, so I don't have to. :p

P1000144.jpg

Oh believe me, I have no complaints with him out performing me in the kitchen...kicking my ass at Trivial Pursuit is another matter.:D I just think it's cool that not only is he good at it, but he really enjoys it. Also, he's not only a guy who has mastered the grill, but knows his way around a stove top and oven as well.:thup: I agree with you that having someone to handle all of those household duties, both inside and outside, would be a dream.:)

Hello everybody... Checking in. I've been a bit busy the last few days. Last Thursday just before dark we had some terrible storms pass through our area. There was three different tornados. The worst of the lot was a huge EF-4 wedge-shaped tornado that passed very near the Rochelle area. It killed 2 people and injured 22. Many homes completely destroyed and several of them belonged to people I am friends with. I've never seen such destruction - even as a result of war. Prayers requested for the people who lost everything and who were injured as a result of these storms. I was lucky. I only lost one tree because of high winds. Mother nature was not kind to us in this area last Thursday.
You got 'em, BBD! Sorry to hear about the misfortune of so many of your friends and acquaintances.

P1000144.jpg

Oh believe me, I have no complaints with him out performing me in the kitchen...kicking my ass at Trivial Pursuit is another matter.:D I just think it's cool that not only is he good at it, but he really enjoys it. Also, he's not only a guy who has mastered the grill, but knows his way around a stove top and oven as well.:thup: I agree with you that having someone to handle all of those household duties, both inside and outside, would be a dream.:)
For all intent and purposes I am a house husband, I do the vast majority of cleaning, all the laundry and all the cooking and I learned all of that from my mom and eventually out did her, in the cooking department, as for cleaning she was a bit compulsive........ okay a bit more than a bit....... Being a bachelor for over 10 years after HS graduation and having to fend for myself helped also.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back