USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning peach, I have been up for eight hours already, waiting for someone to drop into the coffee shop.

I have been up for 3 hrs.
Woke up around 4 a.m.
I was just leaving work at 4 AM just now finished my first cup of coffee and headed back in in a few minutes.

Somewhere in there, Ernie, I think you need to take care of Ernie too. I know Doc Holliday's is a labor of love and you're enjoying the heck out of it, but if you hurt your health in the process, it just isn't worth it.
I only do the late shift once/week and usually take Thursday off. Today, I have a couple things to do here at the house, but mostly, I intend to do nothing.

Yesterday was cool! We had Tombstone playing on one TV non stop and had a couple from Tucson stop in and regale us with stories. Then another couple who come in a lot returned from their vacation out in Colorado and brought us a 16x20 framed photo of Dr. John Henry Holliday's grave site in Glenwood Springs.

It's similar to this:

DocHolliday.jpg

How neat. Just the limited descriptions you have given us of your place and the people who come to it definitely provides a strong sense of how it feels--the comradery and a "Cheers' kind of welcoming atmosphere. I think I understand why it is such a labor of love.

poker_setup.jpg
Good morning peach, I have been up for eight hours already, waiting for someone to drop into the coffee shop.

I have been up for 3 hrs.
Woke up around 4 a.m.
I was just leaving work at 4 AM just now finished my first cup of coffee and headed back in in a few minutes.

Somewhere in there, Ernie, I think you need to take care of Ernie too. I know Doc Holliday's is a labor of love and you're enjoying the heck out of it, but if you hurt your health in the process, it just isn't worth it.
I only do the late shift once/week and usually take Thursday off. Today, I have a couple things to do here at the house, but mostly, I intend to do nothing.

Yesterday was cool! We had Tombstone playing on one TV non stop and had a couple from Tucson stop in and regale us with stories. Then another couple who come in a lot returned from their vacation out in Colorado and brought us a 16x20 framed photo of Dr. John Henry Holliday's grave site in Glenwood Springs.

It's similar to this:

DocHolliday.jpg

How neat. Just the limited descriptions you have given us of your place and the people who come to it definitely provides a strong sense of how it feels--the comradery and a "Cheers' kind of welcoming atmosphere. I think I understand why it is such a labor of love.
This pic shows about 1/3 of the place set up for poker. Note the mural on the left wall. We have a jail, with a guy breaking out, vultures, a silhouette of the Earp brothers and Holliday walking towards the OK coral and even the Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote. It's a fun place.
Tuesday night, we broke out the rubber band guns and had a shoot out that lasted over an hour. There were hundreds of rubber bands to be picked up at closing time.The guns hold six rubber bands and can sting at 15 feet. We provide eye protection for those that want it.

glasses-spring-eyeballs.jpg

rubber-band-gun-trumarkbig.jpg

Last edited:
I must say, I am duly impressed with the patrons of the coffee shop. I think I may just visit more often.You guys are beautiful. I hope for you all to have a wonderful day. Thanks for making USMB a better place

Now for the task at hand.

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

Hi Pixie and thanks for the cappucinos. I needed a fix about now. Happy you stopped in as we haven't seen you in awhile. You really should do that more often. :)

I must say, I am duly impressed with the patrons of the coffee shop. I think I may just visit more often.You guys are beautiful. I hope for you all to have a wonderful day. Thanks for making USMB a better place

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

I agree Pixie, don't make it in here often anymore, actually not on the site very much anymore these days. Does anyone know what happened to Meister? I noticed he hasn't been around since last August?

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

I agree Pixie, don't make it in here often anymore, actually not on the site very much anymore these days. Does anyone know what happened to Meister? I noticed he hasn't been around since last August?
Meister is on my facebook. I see him once in a while. He is enjoying fishing, and life. I miss him too Newby. Hope you are well.

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

And hello again Newby. Good to see that you stopped in for a visit too!! You need to stop by more often too. :)

Meister has visited the Coffee Shop but has never been a regular participant here. He had been most active at another board I visit now and then, but I just checked and he hasn't posted there since mid February this year. So I hope he's okay.

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

Meister is on my facebook. I see him once in a while. He is enjoying fishing, and life. I miss him too Newby. Hope you are well.

That's good to hear Pixie, I was just worried about him. I'm doing really good, Pix, hope the same is true for you too! A lot of the people that I used to talk to here seem to be gone now, and communication seems minimal with the new rating system and rules. I only pop in from time to time when I get a chance, been busy lately, but the Coffee Shop is always my favorite, mostly because of Foxy... Love ya, Foxy, glad to see you're still here and doing well too! Wouldn't be the same without you!

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

That's good to hear Pixie, I was just worried about him. I'm doing really good, Pix, hope the same is true for you too! A lot of the people that I used to talk to here seem to be gone now, and communication seems minimal with the new rating system and rules. I only pop in from time to time when I get a chance, been busy lately, but the Coffee Shop is always my favorite, mostly because of Foxy... Love ya, Foxy, glad to see you're still here and doing well too! Wouldn't be the same without you!

Yes change is uncomfortable for a lot of us, especially when it doesn't seem to be for the better. I actually LIKE the new rating system as far as being able to respond to folks' posts when you don't have anything to really add.

I haven't a clue what the trophy points are all about or how people get them and pay no attention to those--either mine or anybody else's. I'm loving not having the rep system that was mostly a manipulated thing by some to see how much rep they could accumulate and a tool for bullies to use to harrass people because I don't have to worry so much about the newbies who haven't toughened up yet. It was never used as much as intended to appreciate good posts. At least the "thanks" and 'informative' etc. buttons are being used a lot.

I would very much like to have a comments button to privately commend somebody or comment privately on a post when it would not be appropriate to do so on the thread. That would reconnect us and restore communications that we're lacking now I think. It was so much easier to do than create a formal PM that most people just won't do for a quick casual comment.

But maybe the bullies and trolls would use that as a weapon to harrass people like they did with the 'disagree' button too. So I don't know. When you deal with sub-adult types, its hard to come up with a 'best' system.

So I just put in a request ever once in awhile on the hopes the idea will catch on. :)

Super neat. But to be honest, while I used to love to go un-extreme climbing in my youth, I have never really understood the compulsion that makes people climb a sheer rock face under most unpleasant conditions and when one mistake could cost you your life. I know it is almost a religion with some, but I'm just not feeling it.

Super neat. But to be honest, while I used to love to go un-extreme climbing in my youth, I have never really understood the compulsion that makes people climb a sheer rock face under most unpleasant conditions and when one mistake could cost you your life. I know it is almost a religion with some, but I'm just not feeling it.

When I used to climb it was purely for the conquering of fear! I used to be terrified of heights so I climbed mountains and jumped out of airplanes to beat it. Then, as I lost the fear I began to appreciate where the hell I was! For me it was about seeing the world from a different POV.

I appreciate the solidness of the ground.

Sorry I have not contributed to the CS lately. My job was becoming mind numbingly tiring, until the change in status here at work. now my days are busy fielding specific sales help and generally keeping the flow of used vehicles going and growing. It is a long task to bring us back where we once were in sales ranking and volume. So much to do in a short period of time. Part of me expects the former manager to decide he made a mistake leaving and I'm back in my old office tomorrow. Hard replacing the legend.

I appreciate the solidness of the ground.

Sorry I have not contributed to the CS lately. My job was becoming mind numbingly tiring, until the change in status here at work. now my days are busy fielding specific sales help and generally keeping the flow of used vehicles going and growing. It is a long task to bring us back where we once were in sales ranking and volume. So much to do in a short period of time. Part of me expects the former manager to decide he made a mistake leaving and I'm back in my old office tomorrow. Hard replacing the legend.

Ah, but as one Christian to another, remember that we were not given a spirit of fear. . . .

Enjoy the moment my friend and you will be far more likely to succeed beyond even what you expect of yourself than you will if you are emotionally looking over your shoulder. (Stepping out of the 5 cent counseling booth. :))

Seriously I hope things are going well for you. Everybody is so busy these days, nobody is spending a lot of time at USMB. But I for one sure appreciate when folks just stick their heads in a say hi now and then so we know they're okay. (Or know when they aren't.)

When I used to climb it was purely for the conquering of fear! I used to be terrified of heights so I climbed mountains and jumped out of airplanes to beat it. Then, as I lost the fear I began to appreciate where the hell I was! For me it was about seeing the world from a different POV.

That's really smart of you. I shall, however, in that regard choose to be less smart I think. :)

One of my challenges is to take 36 pictures of a used vehicle for posting on our website and another popular search site. Doesn't sound particularly difficult until you realize 36 meaningful pictures might be pushing it. Front of car, slight angle from front, side, other side and back right? Then there's various interior shots and one of the engine compartment and trunk. Add it up and you get to about 24, then you have to figure out another 12. Not to mention trying to center the shot as large as possible for maximum viewing. Each of the editing and posting programs are different too, so you have to remember which one you're using. Then you have to compose descriptions to entice viewers to call or visit us without sounding like a used car salesperson...which we all happen to be here.

Forum List

Back