USMB Coffee Shop IV

I appreciate the solidness of the ground.

Sorry I have not contributed to the CS lately. My job was becoming mind numbingly tiring, until the change in status here at work. now my days are busy fielding specific sales help and generally keeping the flow of used vehicles going and growing. It is a long task to bring us back where we once were in sales ranking and volume. So much to do in a short period of time. Part of me expects the former manager to decide he made a mistake leaving and I'm back in my old office tomorrow. Hard replacing the legend.

Ah, but as one Christian to another, remember that we were not given a spirit of fear. . . .

Enjoy the moment my friend and you will be far more likely to succeed beyond even what you expect of yourself than you will if you are emotionally looking over your shoulder. (Stepping out of the 5 cent counseling booth. :))

Seriously I hope things are going well for you. Everybody is so busy these days, nobody is spending a lot of time at USMB. But I for one sure appreciate when folks just stick their heads in a say hi now and then so we know they're okay. (Or know when they aren't.)

I'm sure once most of us go through the twelve steps of past manager addiction all will be fine. ;)

In the interim, I have all sorts of lists and forms I've created to keep me informed.

For those of you who are compulsive shoppers, I should like to mention I have spent about 53,000 on cars this week.

The boss is very tolerant of my new found habits.

For those of you who are compulsive shoppers, I should like to mention I have spent about 53,000 on cars this week.

The boss is very tolerant of my new found habits.

I'm in the market for one that I would like to buy for about $6 to $8k - late model, big enough to carry 5 people comfortably - and that won't hurt me when we travel for several hours. Oh, and it needs AWD if possible. :)

I must say, I am duly impressed with the patrons of the coffee shop. I think I may just visit more often.You guys are beautiful. I hope for you all to have a wonderful day. Thanks for making USMB a better place

Now for the task at hand.

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

I love me some Pixie.:smiliehug:

I must say, I am duly impressed with the patrons of the coffee shop. I think I may just visit more often.You guys are beautiful. I hope for you all to have a wonderful day. Thanks for making USMB a better place

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

Hiya Sherry, truly one of my favorite posters on this forum. I mean that sincerely. You always manage to make me smile

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

Hiya Sherry, truly one of my favorite posters on this forum. I mean that sincerely. You always manage to make me smile

She makes us all smile. :)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

spring-blooming.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I do believe I have been missed. I hope all is well and that I haven't missed anything? My thoughts are with those are are suffering, as they have always been.

As for me, I am battling through. I am still waiting to hear back from the counselors, it must be a long waiting list, or they have forgotten about me. I admit now that I am frightened of speaking about such things again as no one wants to remember being abused, but if it may help me, then I guess I have to try it.

Currently I am at home nursing a knee injury. I would be traveling to a special seminar tomorrow, run by a 5th Dan black belt, but am unable to go due to the injury. It sucks, but these things happen.

The best thing that has happened in the past few weeks? It happened today. Just as I was getting so frustrated, too. See, there is this guy who comes in a couple times a week with a group of kids. They attend the special school and are 'troubled'. They don't speak to me, and their carer often brings them in to the store for some ice cream or frozen drinks.
Anyway, I always serve them and on Monday he told me of a project he was wanting to do with the kids, to keep them occupied as they were becoming a bit of a handful. He showed me on his phone what he planned on doing - making 'eyes', kind of like this:

Plastic-Rolling-Eyeball.jpg

To do this, he needed some of our domed lids, which fit over the large cups for our frozen drinks. I gave him about ten on Monday, and yesterday he came in to say hello, and I asked how the project was going, and he said it was still ongoing, and could he please have some more lids. I would have given him a bigger handful but the manager on duty can be a right bitch, and such was her mood yesterday. She only allowed me to hand over another ten lids, which I did.
The guy asked if I was working today and I said I was, and told him what time I was working.
This morning, he came in with a couple of the kids, and they happily placed their plastic eyeballs in front of me. To be honest, they looked nothing like the photo above, or the video he showed me on his phone, but these kids had disabilities, remember. They had worked for three days on these plastic lids, and I thought they looked great. I congratulated the kids on a great job, and thanked them for coming in especially for me to show me their hard work, and the kids beamed from ear to ear - they were so proud!

It made my whole week, and lifted me a little out of the depression that has been plaguing me for weeks.

Hello everyone. I do believe I have been missed. I hope all is well and that I haven't missed anything? My thoughts are with those are are suffering, as they have always been.

As for me, I am battling through. I am still waiting to hear back from the counselors, it must be a long waiting list, or they have forgotten about me. I admit now that I am frightened of speaking about such things again as no one wants to remember being abused, but if it may help me, then I guess I have to try it.

Currently I am at home nursing a knee injury. I would be traveling to a special seminar tomorrow, run by a 5th Dan black belt, but am unable to go due to the injury. It sucks, but these things happen.

The best thing that has happened in the past few weeks? It happened today. Just as I was getting so frustrated, too. See, there is this guy who comes in a couple times a week with a group of kids. They attend the special school and are 'troubled'. They don't speak to me, and their carer often brings them in to the store for some ice cream or frozen drinks.
Anyway, I always serve them and on Monday he told me of a project he was wanting to do with the kids, to keep them occupied as they were becoming a bit of a handful. He showed me on his phone what he planned on doing - making 'eyes', kind of like this:

To do this, he needed some of our domed lids, which fit over the large cups for our frozen drinks. I gave him about ten on Monday, and yesterday he came in to say hello, and I asked how the project was going, and he said it was still ongoing, and could he please have some more lids. I would have given him a bigger handful but the manager on duty can be a right bitch, and such was her mood yesterday. She only allowed me to hand over another ten lids, which I did.
The guy asked if I was working today and I said I was, and told him what time I was working.
This morning, he came in with a couple of the kids, and they happily placed their plastic eyeballs in front of me. To be honest, they looked nothing like the photo above, or the video he showed me on his phone, but these kids had disabilities, remember. They had worked for three days on these plastic lids, and I thought they looked great. I congratulated the kids on a great job, and thanked them for coming in especially for me to show me their hard work, and the kids beamed from ear to ear - they were so proud!

It made my whole week, and lifted me a little out of the depression that has been plaguing me for weeks.

Ah...you have discovered the secret to happiness my friend! Helping others and focusing outside yourself.

...or you could just tease the crap out of people like I do. ;)

Still having "fun" unpacking, had a major burst of energy yesterday, the living room is mostly set up, as I'm going through boxes some stuff is being set aside for donation. Went through my DVD collection and about 20 DVDs were culled out plus I found some PC games I've been looking for for the last couple of years. The library is coming along, waiting on Ikea to send pins for the adjustable shelving, can't find the ones we packed 3 years ago. Once I can get the shelves set up we can start going through all the books and cull out what we no longer want to keep. Also made a sleight dent in the garage but have a long way to go with that.
Have a lawn service rep coming by today, tenants are responsible for yard upkeep and eight tenths of the 1/4 acre lot is xeroscaped with weeds and grass growing everywhere they're not supposed to then I have to take the Prius in to have a "problem" light checked out so I had to drop the wife off at work this morning.
Good to see long lost posters drop in for a cup of coffee and say hi. :thup:

Oh Noomi, soooooo happy you stopped by to catch us up on what is going on with you. I was just about to add you to our MIA list. :) You have become such an important part of the Coffee Shop family, we miss you when you disappear for awhile.

Any luck with any of those jobs you applied for? Sounds like you are able to help some special people with the one you have. :)

Just in case you get lost in bureaucratic red tape or something, do keep inquiring about when you will see the counselor--squeaky wheel and all that.

Something else you might do in the meantime is see if there is a chapter of Adult Survivors of Child Abuse (ASCA) near you--it is an international organization that provides free self-help groups. And HAVOCA (just enter it into your browser) may also have some resources that would be helpful. Or there may be other such self-help groups in your area. Don't be shy about going--all such support groups won't push you to share any more than you are comfortable sharing and if you tell them you're just there to listen, you can do that too.

And again, yes, you were a missed person. :)

Last edited:

expresso_latte_lg.jpg

I agree Pixie, don't make it in here often anymore, actually not on the site very much anymore these days. Does anyone know what happened to Meister? I noticed he hasn't been around since last August?

He left long ago, even before the USMB format change. I miss him and so many other interesting posters, however it sure is nice to have PixieStix drop in. I have thought of her often. If it weren't for the Coffee Shop....:eusa_think:

Oh and good morning everybody. It is Friday at our house and hopefully a quiet uncomplicated day that we are needing. Hombre is mixing up pancakes--I am doing the bacon. So far a good Friday for us and I hope for all of you too.

OMGosh, that sounds so good. lol. What a great long-term team, you and Hombre. :thup:

Still having "fun" unpacking, had a major burst of energy yesterday, the living room is mostly set up, as I'm going through boxes some stuff is being set aside for donation. Went through my DVD collection and about 20 DVDs were culled out plus I found some PC games I've been looking for for the last couple of years. The library is coming along, waiting on Ikea to send pins for the adjustable shelving, can't find the ones we packed 3 years ago. Once I can get the shelves set up we can start going through all the books and cull out what we no longer want to keep. Also made a sleight dent in the garage but have a long way to go with that.
Have a lawn service rep coming by today, tenants are responsible for yard upkeep and eight tenths of the 1/4 acre lot is xeroscaped with weeds and grass growing everywhere they're not supposed to then I have to take the Prius in to have a "problem" light checked out so I had to drop the wife off at work this morning.

Sounds like it is slowly but surely returning to whatever is 'normal' for the Ringels. And that is a good thing! Hombre went to Lowes a few days ago to get a good sprayer for the weed killer to use on our xeriscaping--we have no grass at all. But like your situation, we have let it get out of hand at times that the weeds and wild grasses were too big to kill with weed killer so we had to hire somebody to come in and clean up the yard, blow the leaves out of the rocks, etc. But the weed killer keeps the necessity for hired maintenance to about once a year.

We're still in a cool trend here with night temps getting down into the low 30's--even a couple of below freezing nights yet--so I'm a little nervous about having our furnace shut down when the swamp cooler is fired up next week. But maybe this is the last cold snap.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! Happy Friday! Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? My best friend and I are having a joint birthday party tomorrow afternoon. Some bowling with a pitcher of beer (or three) and than back to my house for a PJ/board game party. I am super excited. Cheers!

Yes, so good to see them and hope they come back and revitalize at least one portion of what used to be, a board filled with vitality.

Ringel05, are you still recommending Avast as an anti-virus program? McAfee is close to renewal and I want to drop it. I also have a paid subscription to Malwarebytes and they caught two Trojans, recently. So I will be looking for an anti-virus program that will work well with MB. :) Any advice would be appreciated from my go-to techie guy. :)

Forum List

Back