USMB Coffee Shop IV

Pretty busy and stressful right now. One more doe to kid and we'll be done with kid-watch. But I'm in the last two weeks of class before finals and, as usual, this is where you find out you are out of time. In a couple of weeks, I won't know what to do with all the free time I'll have...OK, not technically accurate. I have a long list of projects that have been put off until after the semester ends.
Other than that, Spring seems to be early this year. I hope to get my garden in before Mothers' Day this year. I already have the itch, for sure.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Well I am up early, even before the seagulls. Which is just as well because otherwise they would have woken me up again squawking under my window. But I have been up since before dawn. I sat in my library for a while and had a cup of tea. Then I cleared out Norton anti virus off my computer and installed Microsoft security essentials.
I would have renewed Norton but they wanted £69 for a subscription, but Microsoft security essentials is free.

Good morning peach, I have been up for eight hours already, waiting for someone to drop into the coffee shop.

Good morning peach, I have been up for eight hours already, waiting for someone to drop into the coffee shop.

I have been up for 3 hrs.
Woke up around 4 a.m.

Hi! you beat me then, I woke up at 5.30am decided I could not sleep again by 6am, so I got up then.
I have done more this morning than I do most days. I sorted some books in my library and updated my anti virus.

I was having a look through my collection of King Penguin books. I have about thirty that I inherited from a uncle.
I think the collection is worth a few pounds but I do not want to sell them. I have hundreds of books in my library, which has wall to wall books. It is the collection of a lifetime and I have been filling in the gaps by buying some books on amazon. You can get lots of old books as well as new ones. One book I recently got from amazon was called, psychedelic art. I had the book out of the art college library in 1969 and I always remembered it fondly.
I made some attempts to get a copy years ago but could not find it, but you can get anything on amazon because lots of second hand books shops all over the world sell their books through them.

Good morning everybody.

Wow you guys (Peach and Dajjal) were up early. You and AquaAthena should get together as a early loud morning bird support group Dajjal--she has the same problem sometimes except I don't think her bird problem are gulls.

I was up at 3:30, 4:30, 5:30 and 7:30 with some difficulty getting back to sleep each time so went back to bed and then slept soundly until 10. Not a good night for whatever reason but at least I'm not exhausted this morning.

Good morning everybody.

Wow you guys (Peach and Dajjal) were up early. You and AquaAthena should get together as a early loud morning bird support group Dajjal--she has the same problem sometimes except I don't think her bird problem are gulls.

I was up at 3:30, 4:30, 5:30 and 7:30 with some difficulty getting back to sleep each time so went back to bed and then slept soundly until 10. Not a good night for whatever reason but at least I'm not exhausted this morning.

I usually sleep late till about 11am but sometimes wake up before dawn and cannot get back to sleep so I get up. Usually the noise of seagulls does not bother me as my brain is used to it and I sleep through the dawn chorus. But a breeding pair have recently been scoping out the roof directly under my window and calling out loudly to declare their territory. Even I cannot sleep through that.

I was having a look through my collection of King Penguin books. I have about thirty that I inherited from a uncle.
I think the collection is worth a few pounds but I do not want to sell them. I have hundreds of books in my library, which has wall to wall books. It is the collection of a lifetime and I have been filling in the gaps by buying some books on amazon. You can get lots of old books as well as new ones. One book I recently got from amazon was called, psychedelic art. I had the book out of the art college library in 1969 and I always remembered it fondly.
I made some attempts to get a copy years ago but could not find it, but you can get anything on amazon because lots of second hand books shops all over the world sell their books through them.
Well I am up early, even before the seagulls. Which is just as well because otherwise they would have woken me up again squawking under my window. But I have been up since before dawn. I sat in my library for a while and had a cup of tea. Then I cleared out Norton anti virus off my computer and installed Microsoft security essentials.
I would have renewed Norton but they wanted £69 for a subscription, but Microsoft security essentials is free.

Let us know how Microsoft Security Essentials works out for you Dajjal. We use Avast free ware virus protection on the computers that don't get used for anything but gaming and it works great--but I do pay I think $39/year for their more thorough paid program that covers the three computers we use for banking and more serious things. We've used that service for several years now without picking up any uglies.

I like Avast because it doesn't interfere with anything else I'm doing and if it ever slows down my computer, I haven't detected that.

Last edited:

Woke up around 4 a.m.
I was just leaving work at 4 AM just now finished my first cup of coffee and headed back in in a few minutes.

Somewhere in there, Ernie, I think you need to take care of Ernie too. I know Doc Holliday's is a labor of love and you're enjoying the heck out of it, but if you hurt your health in the process, it just isn't worth it.

Hello everybody... Checking in. I've been a bit busy the last few days. Last Thursday just before dark we had some terrible storms pass through our area. There was three different tornados. The worst of the lot was a huge EF-4 wedge-shaped tornado that passed very near the Rochelle area. It killed 2 people and injured 22. Many homes completely destroyed and several of them belonged to people I am friends with. I've never seen such destruction - even as a result of war. Prayers requested for the people who lost everything and who were injured as a result of these storms. I was lucky. I only lost one tree because of high winds. Mother nature was not kind to us in this area last Thursday.
I heard that big tornado was the second most powerful tornado ever recorded... EVER!

We got wind and rain up this way but no tormaters, thank God. Those things make me nervous, even more than earth quakes.

Just woke up, waiting for the coffee to brew, been busy these last couple of days and while there's a long way to go at least it looks like I'm beginning to put a dent in it.
One hold up has been the bookshelves or I should say the lack of the adjustable shelving pins, can't find them so I finally contacted Ikea customer service, hopefully they will be able to help.
Other than that everything else is fine.

Just woke up, waiting for the coffee to brew, been busy these last couple of days and while there's a long way to go at least it looks like I'm beginning to put a dent in it.
One hold up has been the bookshelves or I should say the lack of the adjustable shelving pins, can't find them so I finally contacted Ikea customer service, hopefully they will be able to help.
Other than that everything else is fine.

I like to be surrounded by books. I have one room with wall to wall bookshelves that are all full up. It's nice to sit in there and soak up the vibes.

Woke up around 4 a.m.
I was just leaving work at 4 AM just now finished my first cup of coffee and headed back in in a few minutes.

Somewhere in there, Ernie, I think you need to take care of Ernie too. I know Doc Holliday's is a labor of love and you're enjoying the heck out of it, but if you hurt your health in the process, it just isn't worth it.
I only do the late shift once/week and usually take Thursday off. Today, I have a couple things to do here at the house, but mostly, I intend to do nothing.

Yesterday was cool! We had Tombstone playing on one TV non stop and had a couple from Tucson stop in and regale us with stories. Then another couple who come in a lot returned from their vacation out in Colorado and brought us a 16x20 framed photo of Dr. John Henry Holliday's grave site in Glenwood Springs.

It's similar to this:

DocHolliday.jpg

Forum List

Back