USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, today's fashion tip: for the guys though I think it could work for the ladies too:

safe_image.php

The internet was down here in our area for about 4 of hours, spent 30 minutes on the phone with tech support before they figured it out.......
It rained...... Someone sneezed....... Someone looked at it wrong......

Okay, that was the third loaf of bread I've had to toss in the last month, I prefer my penicillin processed....... From now on they go in the fridge......

We freeze bread as we buy up to 10 loaves at a time when it goes on sale. Hombre expels all the air possible from the wrapper, reties it, and into the freezer it goes. Remove it from the fridge weeks or even months later, let it thaw for 15-20 minutes, and it is as fresh and good as the day it was bought. We do use a lot of bread, but if you don't, I'm sure you could freeze it in half loaves. We buy the inexpensive bread wrappers at the grocery store and use those for all manner of things.
Don't use much bread, maybe a loaf every couple of weeks at most, I always get the lowest carb, highest fiber multi-grain bread I can find so it's not like I'm only wasting a buck or two every time a loaf goes bad.

I buy a new brown loaf which says on the bag that it lasts longer. I don't know what they do to it but it lasts for at least a week. I usually feed the crusts to the local pigeons. I figure I owe them a lot of dinners because I used to shoot them in my youth. Its one thing I really regret doing in my life as I wantonly killed harmless little birds.
It was fifty years ago and there have been many wars since then, but it still bothers me that I shot pigeons.

Well its just gone 6am Sunday morning in Britain. I am up early again but I figure that after checking twitter for Islamist fanatics, and playing a couple of games of mah-jong, and posting in the coffee shop. I will probably crash out and go back to bed for a few more hours.

I have been watching Glastonbury festival on the TV. That is as close as I am going to get now days. Twenty odd years ago I went every year and never paid to get in. In those days you could climb though a hedge and get in free. Now it is like a walled city with a high metal fence all the way around. I saw the fence the last time I went there on my motorcycle, but I still did not pay as the guy on the gate let me in free. One year it rained and I got covered in mud. The festival is so big now it is like having Woodstock every year.

Okay, that was the third loaf of bread I've had to toss in the last month, I prefer my penicillin processed....... From now on they go in the fridge......

We freeze bread as we buy up to 10 loaves at a time when it goes on sale. Hombre expels all the air possible from the wrapper, reties it, and into the freezer it goes. Remove it from the fridge weeks or even months later, let it thaw for 15-20 minutes, and it is as fresh and good as the day it was bought. We do use a lot of bread, but if you don't, I'm sure you could freeze it in half loaves. We buy the inexpensive bread wrappers at the grocery store and use those for all manner of things.
Don't use much bread, maybe a loaf every couple of weeks at most, I always get the lowest carb, highest fiber multi-grain bread I can find so it's not like I'm only wasting a buck or two every time a loaf goes bad.

I buy a new brown loaf which says on the bag that it lasts longer. I don't know what they do to it but it lasts for at least a week. I usually feed the crusts to the local pigeons. I figure I owe them a lot of dinners because I used to shoot them in my youth. Its one thing I really regret doing in my life as I wantonly killed harmless little birds.
It was fifty years ago and there have been many wars since then, but it still bothers me that I shot pigeons.
I used to shoot mockingbirds in my youth..... still doesn't bother me...... nasty critters........

Woke up this morning with no internet again. This time they were able to reset the router from their end. Let's see if it holds, if not I'm switching providers.

Happy Sunday, coffee shoppers! :coffee: I wonder where Peach has been? I miss her funny memes that she posts here!

Unfortunately, it's raining like crazy out there today! I am going to be stuck in the house! :frown:

proxy
Being stuck in the house can be really fun as long as someone is "stuck" in the house with you...... :eusa_whistle:

Good morning everybody. Up early and little sleep overnight due to the pain in my shoulder, whatever I did to it. But coffee is good and the day stretches ahead. Good rain overnigh,.

I used to shoot mockingbirds in my youth..... still doesn't bother me...... nasty critters........

iu

I guess this is Ringel :

iu

;)

That's just wrong. :(

That's just wrong. :(
:dunno:

Internet went down again, figured it might be the router as a message I heard this morning when I called said they were having problems with some routers. Probably another "upgrade".
Got back from buying a modem about a half hour ago and sure enough the internet's working fine now.
Ya think the TWC router suspected it was going to be replaced........? :D

Internet went down again, figured it might be the router as a message I heard this morning when I called said they were having problems with some routers. Probably another "upgrade".
Got back from buying a modem about a half hour ago and sure enough the internet's working fine now.

Before we got the fancy Xfinity modem that includes Wifi capability, we were using a Netgear router to hook up the home network. We still use the Neatgear router for my desktop PC and an old Sony laptop as these are the only computers in the house not equipped for Wifi and they have to be hardwired to get internet. When those two computers are replaced, we will probably do away with the router.

But sometimes when we have lost interconnectivity--before we got the fancy new modem--the Comcast techs would tell us that Netgear doesn't always play well with their equipment and does require some tweaking or resetting from time to time.

Before we got the fancy Xfinity modem that includes Wifi capability, we were using a Netgear router to hook up the home network. We still use the Neatgear router for my desktop PC and an old Sony laptop as these are the only computers in the house not equipped for Wifi and they have to be hardwired to get internet. When those two computers are replaced, we will probably do away with the router.

But sometimes when we have lost interconnectivity--before we got the fancy new modem--the Comcast techs would tell us that Netgear doesn't always play well with their equipment and does require some tweaking or resetting from time to time.
Yes, you have to be aware which (older) modems/routers are compatible with the service you're using. The one I bought is the new AC router so will work with any service I chose. The new AC technology means the wifi connection is 2.5 times faster with a greater range and is backwards compatible with older N technology.

You can purchase wireless dongles for your computers that plug into the usb ports. 10 to 15 bucks

Forum List

Back