USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning, coffee shop people! Today is my interview day. It's at 2:00 p.m. I have my outfit all picked out and I still have to do my nails. I was going to do them yesterday but figured they might get messed up, so I thought it better to wait until today. :p Sounds like a minor detail, I know, but the interviewer will be seeing my hands, so it always is better to be well groomed, I think.

Good morning, coffee shop people! Today is my interview day. It's at 2:00 p.m. I have my outfit all picked out and I still have to do my nails. I was going to do them yesterday but figured they might get messed up, so I thought it better to wait until today. :p Sounds like a minor detail, I know, but the interviewer will be seeing my hands, so it always is better to be well groomed, I think.

Good morning Chris and everybody. And I'll be stepping up the positive vibes for you today that you'll get the job if it turns out you want it and it is the right fit for you and you for it.

Good morning Chris and everybody. And I'll be stepping up the positive vibes for you today that you'll get the job if it turns out you want it and it is the right fit for you and you for it.

Thanks Foxy! I've got about 20 minutes to kill here and then I have to start getting ready. I don't have a printer, so I have to go to the library to print out a copy of my resume and my references. :)

I appreciate all the well wishes because I'm feeling a little bit nervous. :p

I don't know if you guys can see this if you don't have Facebook, but if you can see it, I honestly have no explanation for it:

I thought this was great and hope it doesn't offend our resident rednecks. :)

You Know your Church is a redneck church if. . .
The finance committee refuses to provide funds for the purchase of a chandelier because none of the members knows how to play one.

People ask, when they learn that Jesus fed the 5000, whether the two fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em.

When the Pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering." five guys and two women stand up.

Opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday.

A member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

The choir is known as the "OK Chorale".

High notes on the organ set the dogs on the floor to howling.

The baptismal pool is a #2 galvanized washtub.

The choir robes are donated by and embroidered with “Billy Bob's Barbecue”.

The collection plates are hub caps from a '56 Chevy.

Cleaning out my mailbox today LOL:

Verks 4 me.
A Norwegian Math Test --- This only works for those in Minnna soda , Nort DaKoda, or Viskonsin…don’t cha know!

Ole, a Norwegian fella wants a job, but the foreman doesn’t want to hire him, so he says he won't hire him until he passes a little math test. Here is your first question, the foreman said.. 'Without using numbers, represent the number 9.'

'Witout numbers?' The Norwegian says, 'Dat's easy.' and proceeds to draw three trees.

What's this?' the boss asks.

Vot! You got no brain? Tree and tree and tree make nine,' says the Norwegian.

'Fair enough,' says the boss. 'Here's your second question. Use the same rules, but this time represent the number 99.'

The Norwegian stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn and makes a
smudge on each tree. 'Dar ya go!'

The boss scratches his head and says, 'How on earth do you get that to represent 99?'

'You must be from Iowa …Each of DA trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty tree. Dat is 99.'

The boss is getting worried that he's going to actually have to hire this Norwegian, so he says, 'All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent the number 100.'

The Norwegian fella stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at
the base of each tree and says, 'Dar ya go! Von hundred!'

The boss looks at the attempt. 'You must be nuts if you think that represents a hundred!'

The Norwegian winces and shakes his head…UFF-DAH…you must be a Finlander from Iowa…he leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each tree and says, 'A little dog come along and pooped by each tree. So now you got dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd, and dirty tree and a turd, and dat makes von hundred !!

So, ven do I start?

My interview went well, I think. I should find out by the end of next week some time. :2up: It's only per diem and the pay is not great, but I really want this job, mostly for the experience and to do some work outside of the house; also, to get my foot in the door over there. It's a great place to work.

My interview went well, I think. I should find out by the end of next week some time. :2up: It's only per diem and the pay is not great, but I really want this job, mostly for the experience and to do some work outside of the house; also, to get my foot in the door over there. It's a great place to work.

If you have not already done so, be sure to snail mail a hand written or personal thank you to the interviewer, Chris. Sometimes that will make all the difference. Will keep you on the list for positive vibes until we know. :)

Okay, I'm up.

Sorta.

04aaf9ad059334a1a6cd4c69d77d39fc.jpg

I just ordered Kant's critique of pure reason. I am reading ' Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance ' and it refers to Kant's critique, so I thought I would read that next.

I just ordered Kant's critique of pure reason. I am reading ' Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance ' and it refers to Kant's critique, so I thought I would read that next.
I just ordered Batman and Superman comics.......
(Not really but it wouldn't be funny any other way........)

I am not keen on the per diem pay Chris. Since it makes it sound part time, I suggest a much higher pay rate, as you will not have benefits. Don't establish a working relationship that shows you will work inexpensively.

I am not keen on the per diem pay Chris. Since it makes it sound part time, I suggest a much higher pay rate, as you will not have benefits. Don't establish a working relationship that shows you will work inexpensively.

Thanks for your concern, but if they offer me the job, I am definitely taking it. They also mentioned to me about how understaffed they are in their medical records department, so I am quite confident that this may turn into a more secure job and that they just want to test people out to make sure they can handle the work load. Also, since I really don't have much experience in this department, I really have no business making demands as to a pay rate. It's an "entry level" position.

Also, like I mentioned earlier, I've been dying to get a job in this hospital for years because it really is a good place to work. I know others who have or do work there and also have been a patient there. :) If I get this job and things work out well, then I can request a raise and more hours after I've proven myself worthy of this position, I figure.

Thanks for your concern, but if they offer me the job, I am definitely taking it. They also mentioned to me about how understaffed they are in their medical records department, so I am quite confident that this may turn into a more secure job and that they just want to test people out to make sure they can handle the work load. Also, since I really don't have much experience in this department, I really have no business making demands as to a pay rate. It's an "entry level" position.

Also, like I mentioned earlier, I've been dying to get a job in this hospital for years because it really is a good place to work. I know others who have or do work there and also have been a patient there. :) If I get this job and things work out well, then I can request a raise and more hours after I've proven myself worthy of this position, I figure.

I spent a lot of happy years working for hospitals. If you enjoy that kind of environment it can be a really good experience. Of course the technologies and probably the dynamics have changed a lot since I last had a hospital job, but I sure do remember those days fondly.

They are really looking for someone with a good understanding of medical terminology too. I have that. When I was in school, I won the Silver Certificate in my med term class. I would have won the gold, but for "dacryo" I wrote that it meant "cry" instead of "tear." :eusa_wall:

Hey, even I don't always take my advice. ;)

Although , if I were you, I'd definitely keep listening to advice from a cat quiet.

Forum List

Back