USMB Coffee Shop IV

View attachment 48111
I've been dreaming about chickens every night for the last three nights. I took this photo while on vacation. Wonder if it has any thing to do with my dreams? All I know is that I'm tired of dreaming about singing chickens. I must say though that you've never lived until you hear a choir of twenty chickens sing "My Way".

Well tonight record it and it will no doubt go viral on Youtube:

That's one beautiful chicken you show in the photo though. Our daughter has a thing for chickens and now has some of her own. We usually give her some kind of chicken decorative item for Christmas every year.

998457_347686088697909_1268120593_n.jpg

Good morning all. Hope everybody is having a splendid weekend. The only thing I am doing interesting this weekend is doing a large tri-fold poster for our church ministry fair next weekend.

My birthday was Monday, but that is not a good day to celebrate, so I'll be going to my auntie's house later on this afternoon for a cookout and some cake and stuff for my birthday. Then, I'm going to raise hell out on the town tonight. :rock::p

Dang it Chris. You were supposed to tell us. I have been dealing with all this medical stuff but will try to put together a birthday calendar for all of us soon, but I do need everybody to fess up when it's their birthday. But belated happy's anyway. . . .

chris.jpg

Put me down for Sept. 6th :)

Thanks Peach, got it.

And just based on the last couple days posts off the top of my head--forgive me if I missed someboy and I'll catch others when they sign in, I still need birthday dates for
WelfareQueen
Bonzi
Montrovant
Dajjal
Ringel05
blackhawk
Nosmo King
saveliberty
Noomi
MeBelle

NOTE: If you are a regular Coffee Shopper and your name does not appear here, I probably already have your birth date. Or you haven't posted in the last couple of days. Or whatever. But I want everybody's birthdates please.

WQ's birthday is on November 18th.:)

It's looking like I'm almost done with football. We don't get any broadcast signal here and we stopped our cable subscription a few months back. I had planned on getting NFL Rewind, which I saw listed at $30 or $40. Instead, now I have to get NFL GamePass if I want to watch recorded games on the computer and it will cost $100.

I can catch a few games online because NBC streams Sunday Night Football, but that appears to be it before the playoffs. Even though it's free to watch broadcast games, FOX requires a subscription to some sort of TV service to stream their games. CBS, while they are going to stream all their playoff games for free, doesn't do regular season games that I know of, possibly because the NFL won't let them.

:(

Might I suggest hanging out at a sports bar on Sundays?

It's looking like I'm almost done with football. We don't get any broadcast signal here and we stopped our cable subscription a few months back. I had planned on getting NFL Rewind, which I saw listed at $30 or $40. Instead, now I have to get NFL GamePass if I want to watch recorded games on the computer and it will cost $100.

I can catch a few games online because NBC streams Sunday Night Football, but that appears to be it before the playoffs. Even though it's free to watch broadcast games, FOX requires a subscription to some sort of TV service to stream their games. CBS, while they are going to stream all their playoff games for free, doesn't do regular season games that I know of, possibly because the NFL won't let them.

I don't drive. :) There's nothing in reasonable walking distance.

So, the tree trimmer guy finally shows up and I show him what I want cut down, two old trees behind the shop, one big old tree beside the house, one massive old Maple next to the road that has five main stems to it, and I'm sure he counted that as five trees, and one tall, skinny chinese elm... TWENTY TWO HUNDRED BUCKS! I have a couple logger friends that I could call but, the majority of this job is going to require a bucket truck, and this guy has one. The two old trees behind the shop have huge limbs overhanging the metal roof. They have to be tied off before cut so that they don't fall and poke a hole in my roof, and the old tree next to the house has one big limb overhanging the house roof that needs the same treatment, so I guess there's no getting out of it. Just suck it up, pay it and have it done.

Ouch. That's painful though. We were lucky. Had an ENORMOUS old apple tree in the back yard that was a royal pain and because it created such a mess for both us and the neighbors finally decided to have it removed. Found a guy who would take it out and remove it in return for keeping the apple wood--prime fireplace wood around here. So it didn't cost us anything. But because firewood is probably much more plentiful in your area, that probably would be an option for your trees.
Yeah I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. If these trees weren't around anything I could just cut them down myself, but they're next to buildings, overhanging roofs, near power lines and along the road, so I'm stuck. It has to be done by someone with a bucket truck, and besides, they have the massive, industrial sized chipper/shredder. The price includes cutting down and removing everything. All I'll have to do is get another buddy of mine over with his stump grinder.

But you're right, $2,200 is a LOT of money. If I was 40 years younger I'd go into the tree trimming business. Damn good money and never out of work. This guy told me he works 7 days a week and can't keep up.
love the flag

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Good morning all. Hope everybody is having a splendid weekend. The only thing I am doing interesting this weekend is doing a large tri-fold poster for our church ministry fair next weekend.

My birthday was Monday, but that is not a good day to celebrate, so I'll be going to my auntie's house later on this afternoon for a cookout and some cake and stuff for my birthday. Then, I'm going to raise hell out on the town tonight. :rock::p

Dang it Chris. You were supposed to tell us. I have been dealing with all this medical stuff but will try to put together a birthday calendar for all of us soon, but I do need everybody to fess up when it's their birthday. But belated happy's anyway. . . .

chris.jpg

Put me down for Sept. 6th :)

Thanks Peach, got it.

And just based on the last couple days posts off the top of my head--forgive me if I missed someboy and I'll catch others when they sign in, I still need birthday dates for
WelfareQueen
Bonzi
Montrovant
Dajjal
Ringel05
blackhawk
Nosmo King
saveliberty
Noomi
MeBelle

NOTE: If you are a regular Coffee Shopper and your name does not appear here, I probably already have your birth date. Or you haven't posted in the last couple of days. Or whatever. But I want everybody's birthdates please.

WQ's birthday is on November 18th.:)

Thanks Sherry. They're gradually trickling in. :)

I don't drive. :) There's nothing in reasonable walking distance.

U-B-E-R

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

bizarre_houses1.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back