USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

11904630_527454430739156_4677893306550325210_n.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated

Awesome picture! Bishop Castle. I googled it. :)

While I love the State of Colorado and have a lot of good friends there and have enjoyed visiting there over the decades, I do have to say I agree with this:

10410913_335531136603937_553597636693112364_n.jpg

The Chile grown in the Mesilla Valley in southern New Mexico absolutely has a flavor different from any other, and it is positively the best.
For some unknown reason I suspect you may be slightly biased....... :D

But I have no reason to be. I am about the same distance from Colorado as the New Mexico chile fields and I lived a lot of years in Texas and Kansas where nobody had ever heard of green chile before returning to New Mexico. Growing up in New Mexico in 'little Texas' oil patch in the southeast corner of the state, we were much more Texified than New Mexicans and we didn't know anything about green chile then. But since then I have sampled green chile in several different locales and truly our "Hatch" green chile is the absolute best.
it was a joke..... :D

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated

I lived an hour and a half away and never knew it was there.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

I always liked castles. I wouldn't want to actually live in one, but they have some pretty cool architectural designs.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

I always liked castles. I wouldn't want to actually live in one, but they have some pretty cool architectural designs.
I always thought living in one would be cool.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

Too big and cold to me. :) Also, I would hate to have to clean it. Lol!

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,

That's what servants are for besides building a old style, based on a castle that is in ruins, with modern amenities and insulation technology........
One of the reasons tapestries were developed was to insulate as well as for their artistic value.
People often look at the past through romantic eyes but the reality was castles and cities were dirty, smelly places subject to occasional deadly epidemics. Heck that was true even up through the early 1900s, the animal waste alone in big cities was a cause for extreme concern not to mention the human waste.

That's what servants are for besides building a old style, based on a castle that is in ruins, with modern amenities and insulation technology........
One of the reasons tapestries were developed was to insulate as well as for their artistic value.
People often look at the past through romantic eyes but the reality was castles and cities were dirty, smelly places subject to occasional deadly epidemics. Heck that was true even up through the early 1900s, the animal waste alone in big cities was a cause for extreme concern not to mention the human waste.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to ever live in one. I do find them very interesting and fascinating though. I would love to see some of the old castles in Europe and stuff. Some of them look like something out of a fairy tale!

22766_neuschwanstein_bild.jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't want to ever live in one. I do find them very interesting and fascinating though. I would love to see some of the old castles in Europe and stuff. Some of them look like something out of a fairy tale!

There was an old stone keep there, in 1869 it was torn down (some portions were blown up) and the foundation for
Neuschwanstein Castle was laid, it wasn't completed until 1886. It's pretty but I'm primarily referring to the castles and keeps of the mid to late Middle Ages. A lot of what most people call castles during that period were in reality only keeps, small fortresses that controlled strategic areas, later some were expanded to become castles with the keep being the innermost sanctuary. The stone keeps were generally built upon the original wooden stockades first erected on the sites. Some keeps were ultimately turned into palaces as war technology made the castle obsolete.
Unfortunately if you do a google search for keeps it shows mostly all castles as people have come to define them all as castles.

While I love the State of Colorado and have a lot of good friends there and have enjoyed visiting there over the decades, I do have to say I agree with this:

10410913_335531136603937_553597636693112364_n.jpg

The Chile grown in the Mesilla Valley in southern New Mexico absolutely has a flavor different from any other, and it is positively the best.
For some unknown reason I suspect you may be slightly biased....... :D

But I have no reason to be. I am about the same distance from Colorado as the New Mexico chile fields and I lived a lot of years in Texas and Kansas where nobody had ever heard of green chile before returning to New Mexico. Growing up in New Mexico in 'little Texas' oil patch in the southeast corner of the state, we were much more Texified than New Mexicans and we didn't know anything about green chile then. But since then I have sampled green chile in several different locales and truly our "Hatch" green chile is the absolute best.
it was a joke..... :D

I know but the best jokes are funny because they contain at least a kernel of truth. :)

One other historical tidbit is related to the rise of modern democracy, for us we have the bloody tyrant King Henry VIII to thank, yup, the king Henry with all those wives........ He distrusted the landed nobility and had raised up and placed in power commoners based on their abilities, not their birthright, he also took Parliament, a body that traditionally existed to rubber-stamp the kings demand for more taxes, and used it to legitamize his divorce from Catherine of Aragon and break from the Catholic Church. England was primarily Catholic at the time and by going this route he prevented a major backlash by his subjects, a plan devised by Cardinal Wolsey, the son of a baker. who had been Henry's personal priest and had become the power behind the throne. These acts changed the nature of Parliament and opened the door for the common man to rise above his station.

It's looking like I'm almost done with football. We don't get any broadcast signal here and we stopped our cable subscription a few months back. I had planned on getting NFL Rewind, which I saw listed at $30 or $40. Instead, now I have to get NFL GamePass if I want to watch recorded games on the computer and it will cost $100.

I can catch a few games online because NBC streams Sunday Night Football, but that appears to be it before the playoffs. Even though it's free to watch broadcast games, FOX requires a subscription to some sort of TV service to stream their games. CBS, while they are going to stream all their playoff games for free, doesn't do regular season games that I know of, possibly because the NFL won't let them.

:(

That is the Castle that Disney used as Cinderellas
article-2315226-197F1E9C000005DC-945_472x425.jpg

One would sure think a Cinderella lived there. :)

One would sure think a Cinderella lived there. :)

Walt Disney said it himself, that it was inspired by that very Castle you posted in Bavaria. :)

image.jpg

I've been dreaming about chickens every night for the last three nights. I took this photo while on vacation. Wonder if it has any thing to do with my dreams? All I know is that I'm tired of dreaming about singing chickens. I must say though that you've never lived until you hear a choir of twenty chickens sing "My Way".

Forum List

Back