USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning all. Hope everybody is having a splendid weekend. The only thing I am doing interesting this weekend is doing a large tri-fold poster for our church ministry fair next weekend.

My birthday was Monday, but that is not a good day to celebrate, so I'll be going to my auntie's house later on this afternoon for a cookout and some cake and stuff for my birthday. Then, I'm going to raise hell out on the town tonight. :rock::p

Dang it Chris. You were supposed to tell us. I have been dealing with all this medical stuff but will try to put together a birthday calendar for all of us soon, but I do need everybody to fess up when it's their birthday. But belated happy's anyway. . . .

chris.jpg

Put me down for Sept. 6th :)

Good morning all. Hope everybody is having a splendid weekend. The only thing I am doing interesting this weekend is doing a large tri-fold poster for our church ministry fair next weekend.

My birthday was Monday, but that is not a good day to celebrate, so I'll be going to my auntie's house later on this afternoon for a cookout and some cake and stuff for my birthday. Then, I'm going to raise hell out on the town tonight. :rock::p

Dang it Chris. You were supposed to tell us. I have been dealing with all this medical stuff but will try to put together a birthday calendar for all of us soon, but I do need everybody to fess up when it's their birthday. But belated happy's anyway. . . .

chris.jpg

Thanks Peach, got it.

And just based on the last couple days posts off the top of my head--forgive me if I missed someboy and I'll catch others when they sign in, I still need birthday dates for
WelfareQueen
Bonzi
Montrovant
Dajjal
Ringel05
blackhawk
Nosmo King
saveliberty
Noomi
MeBelle

NOTE: If you are a regular Coffee Shopper and your name does not appear here, I probably already have your birth date. Or you haven't posted in the last couple of days. Or whatever. But I want everybody's birthdates please.

Last edited:
So, the tree trimmer guy finally shows up and I show him what I want cut down, two old trees behind the shop, one big old tree beside the house, one massive old Maple next to the road that has five main stems to it, and I'm sure he counted that as five trees, and one tall, skinny chinese elm... TWENTY TWO HUNDRED BUCKS! I have a couple logger friends that I could call but, the majority of this job is going to require a bucket truck, and this guy has one. The two old trees behind the shop have huge limbs overhanging the metal roof. They have to be tied off before cut so that they don't fall and poke a hole in my roof, and the old tree next to the house has one big limb overhanging the house roof that needs the same treatment, so I guess there's no getting out of it. Just suck it up, pay it and have it done.
Move to the desert...... no trees...... :D
I already lived in the desert, hated it.

So, the tree trimmer guy finally shows up and I show him what I want cut down, two old trees behind the shop, one big old tree beside the house, one massive old Maple next to the road that has five main stems to it, and I'm sure he counted that as five trees, and one tall, skinny chinese elm... TWENTY TWO HUNDRED BUCKS! I have a couple logger friends that I could call but, the majority of this job is going to require a bucket truck, and this guy has one. The two old trees behind the shop have huge limbs overhanging the metal roof. They have to be tied off before cut so that they don't fall and poke a hole in my roof, and the old tree next to the house has one big limb overhanging the house roof that needs the same treatment, so I guess there's no getting out of it. Just suck it up, pay it and have it done.

Ouch. That's painful though. We were lucky. Had an ENORMOUS old apple tree in the back yard that was a royal pain and because it created such a mess for both us and the neighbors finally decided to have it removed. Found a guy who would take it out and remove it in return for keeping the apple wood--prime fireplace wood around here. So it didn't cost us anything. But because firewood is probably much more plentiful in your area, that probably would be an option for your trees.
Yeah I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. If these trees weren't around anything I could just cut them down myself, but they're next to buildings, overhanging roofs, near power lines and along the road, so I'm stuck. It has to be done by someone with a bucket truck, and besides, they have the massive, industrial sized chipper/shredder. The price includes cutting down and removing everything. All I'll have to do is get another buddy of mine over with his stump grinder.

But you're right, $2,200 is a LOT of money. If I was 40 years younger I'd go into the tree trimming business. Damn good money and never out of work. This guy told me he works 7 days a week and can't keep up.

Last edited:
Move to the desert...... no trees...... :D
I already lived in the desert, hated it.

It isn't for everybody for sure. For me I can be pretty content in most climates and most terrain, and while I don't love the desert so passionately that I could never leave it, I certainly can and do appreciate the beauty and mystery of the high desert, the spiritual vibes I get when I go out away from the madding crowd and all that, and the climate does suit me pretty well. But others simply don't like the climate or the harshness of the landscape or the empty feeling they get when they are out in it.

But isn't it great that we all prefer something different? If we didn't we would all be living on top of each other. :)

Ouch. That's painful though. We were lucky. Had an ENORMOUS old apple tree in the back yard that was a royal pain and because it created such a mess for both us and the neighbors finally decided to have it removed. Found a guy who would take it out and remove it in return for keeping the apple wood--prime fireplace wood around here. So it didn't cost us anything. But because firewood is probably much more plentiful in your area, that probably would be an option for your trees.
Yeah I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. If these trees weren't around anything I could just cut them down myself, but they're next to buildings, overhanging roofs, near power lines and along the road, so I'm stuck. It has to be done by someone with a bucket truck, and besides, they have the massive, industrial sized chipper/shredder. The price includes cutting down and removing everything. All I'll have to do is get another buddy of mine over with his stump grinder.

But you're right, $2,200 is a LOT of money. If I was 40 years younger I'd go into the tree trimming business. Damn good money and never out of work. This guy told me he works 7 days a week and can't keep up.

That is what my son is doing now, and he is working full time and then some on some weeks. He is just an amateur, obviously, being so young and worked for one other tree company last summer, but they started him out at $14 an hour and they are training him to climb trees. So now he wants to be a tree climber for a living. Can't say I don't worry about him, being up in a tree with a rope and a harness and a saw though.

chris.jpg

Thanks Peach, got it.

And just based on the last couple days posts off the top of my head--forgive me if I missed someboy and I'll catch others when they sign in, I still need birthday dates for
WelfareQueen
Bonzi
Montrovant
Dajjal
Ringel05
blackhawk
Nosmo King
saveliberty
Noomi
MeBelle

NOTE: If you are a regular Coffee Shopper and your name does not appear here, I probably already have your birth date. Or you haven't posted in the last couple of days. Or whatever. But I want everybody's birthdates please.
Every day of the month, every month of the year, every year....... Just send money, no card needed.......

chris.jpg

Thanks Peach, got it.

WelfareQueen
Bonzi
Montrovant
Dajjal
Ringel05
blackhawk
Nosmo King
saveliberty
Noomi
MeBelle

Every day of the month, every month of the year, every year....... Just send money, no card needed.......

Now I know you've fessed up to your birthday in here before because we've baked you a cake. But please don't make me go back through weeks of posts to find it. Just a month and a day, please? Pretty please? I want the date dammit.

chris.jpg

Thanks Peach, got it.

WelfareQueen
Bonzi
Montrovant
Dajjal
Ringel05
blackhawk
Nosmo King
saveliberty
Noomi
MeBelle

Mine is October 5. I expect cash! :p

chris.jpg

Thanks Peach, got it.

WelfareQueen
Bonzi
Montrovant
Dajjal
Ringel05
blackhawk
Nosmo King
saveliberty
Noomi
MeBelle

Now I know you've fessed up to your birthday in here before because we've baked you a cake. But please don't make me go back through weeks of posts to find it. Just a month and a day, please? Pretty please? I want the date dammit.
110f170202bc1de7774d1c5eb18f60e5.jpg

1-1.jpg

Don't tell you husband about our date.........

chris.jpg

Thanks Peach, got it.

WelfareQueen
Bonzi
Montrovant
Dajjal
Ringel05
blackhawk
Nosmo King
saveliberty
Noomi
MeBelle

110f170202bc1de7774d1c5eb18f60e5.jpg

1-1.jpg

Don't tell you husband about our date.........

angry-old-woman.jpg

Don't know how many have seen this commercial but the first time I saw it I recognized the male actor, the second time the female actress.

Finally decided to look em up, She's Kristen Bell and he's Dax Shepard. They're married in real life, both have done many things with both TV and movies (plus her on Broadway) She's done voices for Disney, he's done voices for King of the Hill and has directed mostly for TV.

While I love the State of Colorado and have a lot of good friends there and have enjoyed visiting there over the decades, I do have to say I agree with this:

10410913_335531136603937_553597636693112364_n.jpg

The Chile grown in the Mesilla Valley in southern New Mexico absolutely has a flavor different from any other, and it is positively the best.

Don't know how many have seen this commercial but the first time I saw it I recognized the male actor, the second time the female actress.

Finally decided to look em up, She's Kristen Bell and he's Dax Shepard. They're married in real life, both have done many things with both TV and movies (plus her on Broadway) She's done voices for Disney, he's done voices for King of the Hill and has directed mostly for TV.

She does the voice of Anna in Frozen. Anyone who has younger kids, particularly little girls, has probably heard her voice a lot. :lol:

I recently rewatched the show Heroes because a new version will be airing soon. She was in a couple of seasons of that show, I had forgotten until I rewatched it.

While I love the State of Colorado and have a lot of good friends there and have enjoyed visiting there over the decades, I do have to say I agree with this:

The Chile grown in the Mesilla Valley in southern New Mexico absolutely has a flavor different from any other, and it is positively the best.
For some unknown reason I suspect you may be slightly biased....... :D

For some unknown reason I suspect you may be slightly biased....... :D

But I have no reason to be. I am about the same distance from Colorado as the New Mexico chile fields and I lived a lot of years in Texas and Kansas where nobody had ever heard of green chile before returning to New Mexico. Growing up in New Mexico in 'little Texas' oil patch in the southeast corner of the state, we were much more Texified than New Mexicans and we didn't know anything about green chile then. But since then I have sampled green chile in several different locales and truly our "Hatch" green chile is the absolute best.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

11904630_527454430739156_4677893306550325210_n.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated

chris.jpg

Thanks Peach, got it.

WelfareQueen
Bonzi
Montrovant
Dajjal
Ringel05
blackhawk
Nosmo King
saveliberty
Noomi
MeBelle

My birthday is the 19th of June.

Thanks Dajjal.

And good morning everybody. Overcast and threatening rain here but I doubt it will - humidity is high though and that's so uncommon for us it is uncomfortable. But for now enjoying a great cup of coffee and catching up on e-mails and such until time to leave for the early church service. Then off to brunch, stop by the office supply to pick up the rest of the stuff I need to finish my poster, and enjoy a relaxing Sunday afternoon and evening.

Hope all are having a great day.

Forum List

Back