USMB Coffee Shop IV

In last night's presidential debate, at the end one of the more lighthearted moments was when the moderator asked the candidate what they wanted their Secret Service codenames to be.

Reagan was "Rawhide"
Bush 41 was "Timberwolf"
Clinton was "Eagle"
Bush 43 was "Tumbler" and later "Trailblazer"
Obama is "Renegade."

Caught off guard, the candidates were all over the map with off-the-top-of-their-head responses that were thoughtful or funny or sometimes pretty far out.to the point of impractical.

If you were elected President what would you choose for your Secret Service codename?

I think if I had been asked that question, I would have answered with my old CB handle: "Mountain Mama."

Swedish Meatball :D

But secret service guys are supposed to be really serious and stern looking at all times. I'm not sure your codename would be helpful to them in maintaining that. :)

Speaking of screwed up sleep patterns I just woke up from a 3 hour "nap", at least now when I nap I'm using my CPAP and I wake up feeling better, not feeling like I could kill the first person who talks to me. That's a good thing....... :D

girls-cute-life-funny-life-Favim.com-554022.jpg

Good morning everybody. So what is everybody doing this weekend as it is again upon us? Hombre thinks I am safe to leave for a few hours now and is returning to his volunteer job at the gift shop. I have a few light chores in mind before loved ones treat me to a birthday dinner tomorrow night. Our son and daughter-in-law arrive for a couple of days Sunday and I am looking forward to that. And it is a gorgeous end-of-summer day in Albuquerque.

Nice to see you are doing really well Foxfyre.
I'm happy that this is all behind you now and you have a wonderful weekend !

Everyone have a great Friday and weekend.
Today's grin.
funny-animals-58.jpg

Band tonight at Doc's The New Project takes the stage at 9PM Don't be late. Next Saturday night, it will be Wyte Caps providing the music for Max's birthday bash.

11034164_944857988866723_1960214861337824692_n.jpg

My gunbelt has arrived and pistols are on order. I have 100 rounds on hand and will probably put in a bulk order.
It looks like Wednesday is the day to pick them up. I checked prices all over and found the best buy about 10 miles from here. I got them for about $100 below retail AND I saved shipping and $35 each for FFL transfer.

Okay, when we remodel the kitchen I want a pantry like this. I like this a LOT. But do you guys store your eggs, cauliflower, carrots, brussel sprouts etc. in the pantry? I store mine in the fridge.

kitchen-storage-01.jpg

kitchen-storage-02.jpg

Okay, when we remodel the kitchen I want a pantry like this. I like this a LOT. But do you guys store your eggs, cauliflower, carrots, brussel sprouts etc. in the pantry? I store mine in the fridge.

kitchen-storage-01.jpg

kitchen-storage-02.jpg

All of those things go in the fridge. :)

I think so too. I'm thinking whatever photographer set up that shot didn't have a clue about food handling. :)

I refrigerate my produce....
I do like the pantry. I had a 3 1/2 x 8 foot laundry room off the kitchen. I moved the washer and drier to the garage and put in shelves.

I don't think it is possible to have too much storage. While I think whoever set up that shot was pretty clueless about kitchens or food handling, I do love the concept of the pantry built around the fridge and all the ways to organize it that are provided. You go to one location to get the ingredients for any recipe.

Growing up in the orient almost everything went into the fridge for obvious reasons. When we were first married the wife used to laugh at what I put in the fridge....... Old habits die hard. :lol:
I put all my fruits in the fridge, the wife leaves them on the counter, she like apples, oranges, etc at room temp, I like them cold. :dunno:

Was sitting out back watching Giz, making sure he wouldn't pull a disappearing act and I see this flash of movement out of the corner of my eye and hear a thud. One of the small birds dove a little too low and flew into the stone wall, it's trying to regain it's senses and trying to fly away as Giz is chasing it across the lawn and yup, he caught it. Growled at me the whole time I tried to take it away and he finally dropped it, I picked it up with a pool skimmer net and put it over the wall. It will survive or not but at least Giz won't get and parasites or other tiny nasties as the bird may have been sick causing it to hit the wall, I wasn't about to take that chance. :dunno:

We like lots of storage in the kitchen and all around the house but we are not modern traditionalists when it comes to kitchens, we love the old colorful retro look.

digsdigs.com4_.jpg

bhg.com6_.jpg

digsdigs.com9_.jpg

thekitchn.com_.jpg

I could appreciate these in other people's houses, but for us we are better suited to something more country, southwestern, rustic in earth tones:

937470b904e82f7457ec5356d254848e.jpg
IS17uygk5gdx3v0000000000.jpg
traditional-kitchen.jpg

We like lots of storage in the kitchen and all around the house but we are not modern traditionalists when it comes to kitchens, we love the old colorful retro look.

digsdigs.com4_.jpg

bhg.com6_.jpg

digsdigs.com9_.jpg

thekitchn.com_.jpg

I could appreciate these in other people's houses, but for us we are better suited to something more country, southwestern, rustic in earth tones:

traditional-kitchen.jpg

I prefer those to Ringel's. Still, I think I would be more concerned with the ease of cleaning than the aesthetics of a kitchen. :p

digsdigs.com4_.jpg

bhg.com6_.jpg

digsdigs.com9_.jpg

thekitchn.com_.jpg

traditional-kitchen.jpg
The second one is nice, lots of color!! The other two are just too "neutral" and too pretentious looking.
Oh and with the 2nd one (or any other) NO tile counter tops...... EVER!!!

Forum List

Back