USMB Coffee Shop IV

My bunny also does the teeth grinding thing when I pat him. :)

BunnyCottage: Decoding Bunny Language: The 5 Resting Positions

5. The 'bunny flop'

• The bunny is contented, happy and feels safe in his/her environment. Often, bunnies tend to fall asleep in this position. When bunnies sleep, their noses stop wiggling so often and they grind their teeth softly.

The bunnies are special, and I am surprised at how sociable and affectionate they can be. My daughter and SIL didn't have such luck when they adopted two french lopeared rabbits. They never did socialize much--they sometimes would bite their humans--and they hated each other so had to be separated in enormous cages that took up half of their living room. Not for me. :)

It is hard to imagine how something so adorable can be so unpleasant:

5cfafa28d7300d805791b06e6eead989.jpg
I have rarely seen anything so tasty described as "adorable". At least in our culture it's acceptable to eat rabbit. Imagine if they had been cats, dogs, or even horses?

But I know ranchers who won't eat the beef they raise or their own chickens because they become so attached. And of course many cultures DO eat horses, cats, dogs, etc. as well as have them for pets. I have eaten rabbit and would enjoy it agan, but I certainly couldn't make an entre out of a bunny I had befriended. :)
That's a problem for my partner, too. You cannot name anything you plan to eat yourself. Chickens and rabbits are pretty easy, and if you raise livestock for consumption for living, you usually don't have names for them. A small dairy operation is a bit tough, because all my milking does have names and they know their names. The kids are less difficult since I don't name most of them. It isn't all that simple, though, when I catch them and hand them over to their new owners, who turn around and butcher them. But it is a fact of life. Those little ones help buy food for the others and pay the rent. They do serve their purpose.

5. The 'bunny flop'

• The bunny is contented, happy and feels safe in his/her environment. Often, bunnies tend to fall asleep in this position. When bunnies sleep, their noses stop wiggling so often and they grind their teeth softly.

The bunnies are special, and I am surprised at how sociable and affectionate they can be. My daughter and SIL didn't have such luck when they adopted two french lopeared rabbits. They never did socialize much--they sometimes would bite their humans--and they hated each other so had to be separated in enormous cages that took up half of their living room. Not for me. :)

I have rarely seen anything so tasty described as "adorable". At least in our culture it's acceptable to eat rabbit. Imagine if they had been cats, dogs, or even horses?

But I know ranchers who won't eat the beef they raise or their own chickens because they become so attached. And of course many cultures DO eat horses, cats, dogs, etc. as well as have them for pets. I have eaten rabbit and would enjoy it agan, but I certainly couldn't make an entre out of a bunny I had befriended. :)
That's a problem for my partner, too. You cannot name anything you plan to eat yourself. Chickens and rabbits are pretty easy, and if you raise livestock for consumption for living, you usually don't have names for them. A small dairy operation is a bit tough, because all my milking does have names and they know their names. The kids are less difficult since I don't name most of them. It isn't all that simple, though, when I catch them and hand them over to their new owners, who turn around and butcher them. But it is a fact of life. Those little ones help buy food for the others and pay the rent. They do serve their purpose.

I couldn't do that. I would be naming everyone and getting attached. I can't resist cute animals. I can't! Lol.

5. The 'bunny flop'

Ugh. I would cry my eyes out.

I'll try any kind of land animal meat. Dog, cat, rabbit, whatever. As long as it isn't my pet (and really, if someone cooked our dogs, that wouldn't be terrible for me, just the little one :lol:) I'd give it a go. Considering how picky I am, I probably wouldn't like many kinds of animal, but I don't really care if it's cute or not. I might like my pets, but once it's skinned, cut, and put over fire for a while, it's just dinner. :p

5. The 'bunny flop'

Ugh. I would cry my eyes out.
Didn't say I don't shed a tear or two, especially for the ones that were particularly engaging and personable. And they do have such personalities! But if you chose to raise livestock, it is a reality you deal with. Makes me sad to think of it, even now.

I'll try any kind of land animal meat. Dog, cat, rabbit, whatever. As long as it isn't my pet (and really, if someone cooked our dogs, that wouldn't be terrible for me, just the little one :lol:) I'd give it a go. Considering how picky I am, I probably wouldn't like many kinds of animal, but I don't really care if it's cute or not. I might like my pets, but once it's skinned, cut, and put over fire for a while, it's just dinner. :p

You are eating Fluffy!!! :eek-52:

I figure we already eat pigs, which are supposedly as intelligent or even more so than dogs, why not the dogs? ;)

I figure we already eat pigs, which are supposedly as intelligent or even more so than dogs, why not the dogs? ;)

I know. Pigs are delicious. :( I don't like to think of the animals I eat when they were alive. I am not a person who was raised on a farm or anything and have always just bought my meat at the grocery store already chopped up so that it doesn't really look like an animal anymore, you know?

My grandmother used to tell me about how she would have to chase the chickens and wring their necks when she was little. I suppose when you are used to doing those kinds of things, it's not such a big deal.

When I was in second grade, and already new the truth about Santa, Tooth Fairy, etc., my Mom made rabbit for Easter dinner. I tried a bite, but didn't like it. She told me to go to school and tell the kids that my mom cooked the Easter Bunny for dinner...I come from a family with a warped sense of humor.:lol:

You guys enjoy your bacon this weekend.:D

Micro-Pig-7.jpg

It's just a cultural thing with Americans and many European countries. It's a sentimental or family bonding thing with those of us who love our furry or hairy friends of all types. Many African people do not eat chicken while other cultures do not eat pork or other things. We Americans eat many birds that fly but only certain birds are considered 'game birds' while others, just as tasty--for instance peacock--are culturally unacceptable as food. Americans also mostly reject insects, grubs, and such that other cultures regard as tasty delicacies.

It's just a cultural thing with Americans and many European countries. It's a sentimental or family bonding thing with those of us who love our furry or hairy friends of all types. Many African people do not eat chicken while other cultures do not eat pork or other things. We Americans eat many birds that fly but only certain birds are considered 'game birds' while others, just as tasty--for instance peacock--are culturally unacceptable as food. Americans also mostly reject insects, grubs, and such that other cultures regard as tasty delicacies.

The problem with bugs and grubs is that you usually have to look at them when you eat them. With most animals you can just see meat. :lol:

The problem with bugs and grubs is that you usually have to look at them when you eat them. With most animals you can just see meat. :lol:

I would have to be literally starving to death to eat bugs without barfing. :puke:

I would have to be literally starving to death to eat bugs without barfing. :puke:

But only because you were born and raised an all American girl. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Bigwell1.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Well..I finally did it. Upgraded to Windows 10. Took about an hour. I don't know what the big deal is, either. Everything it gave me I already had in Google Chrome. Everything. So if you have Chrome...you already have everything W10 has. In my opinion anyway. Then again, I don't do half the stuff on my pc that others do. It's my entertainment only.

Too much gadgetry, so I ignore it, log on to Chrome, and I'm a happy camper. It was a smooth change, too. No problems. Found everything pretty fast although there was a lot of mumblings of "what's this?" and clicking it only to say, "oh. Ok. Meh". :lol:

Well..I finally did it. Upgraded to Windows 10. Took about an hour. I don't know what the big deal is, either. Everything it gave me I already had in Google Chrome. Everything. So if you have Chrome...you already have everything W10 has. In my opinion anyway. Then again, I don't do half the stuff on my pc that others do. It's my entertainment only.

Too much gadgetry, so I ignore it, log on to Chrome, and I'm a happy camper. It was a smooth change, too. No problems. Found everything pretty fast although there was a lot of mumblings of "what's this?" and clicking it only to say, "oh. Ok. Meh". :lol:

Well, Win10 is your operating system, Chrome is your web browser. There's a bit of a difference. ;)

When I was in second grade, and already new the truth about Santa, Tooth Fairy, etc., my Mom made rabbit for Easter dinner. I tried a bite, but didn't like it. She told me to go to school and tell the kids that my mom cooked the Easter Bunny for dinner...I come from a family with a warped sense of humor.:lol:

You guys enjoy your bacon this weekend.:D

Micro-Pig-7.jpg
Maybe we are related.

I don't know how my bunny is around other bunnies. I know he doesn't like cats at all (sorry Save - LOL). He is petrified of the kitties! :(

He is very affectionate to me. He lets me pick him up and hold him and feed him by hand and pat him. He sits on the couch next to me sometimes when he's out and about. He bit me one time but it was only because he got overly excited about eating and it was an accident. :)

Most bunnies like cats that know a foreign language.

Well, Win10 is your operating system, Chrome is your web browser. There's a bit of a difference. ;)
Windows 10 does have a "Google Chrome" look (feel?) to it which I think is what she's talking about.
Gracie, here's the problem some are having with Win 10 (backdated to a smaller extent to 8, 8.1 and 7);
Keyloggers/telemetry and lack of control over updates/upgrades. Basically Microsoft is "spying" on you, ostensibly to "enhance your user experience" but that's only part of it, yes there are aspects of their snooping you can opt out of but unless you add a third party app to block the rest........ As for updates and upgrades, you can only delay them, not prevent the ones you don't want.
If you've downloaded anything illegally (movies/music) Win 10 can detect it and shut it off.
To a certain degree, if you don't block much of what Microsoft is doing it's no longer your personal computer, it's a dedicated Microsoft "workstation".

I can't help but think of this scene when Vinny shoots "Bambi" :):

Forum List

Back