USMB Coffee Shop IV

Tuna is one of those things I'm really picky about and will only buy name brand. I mean, it's fish in a can, so you should be careful. Lol.

Tuna? Someone said tuna?

Here kitty, kitty, kitty! :D

tunaLolCat.jpg
My old cat loved tuna. It was a special treat for him. But my black and white girl turns her nose up at it. Thank God she likes her canned food and crunchies.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

o-CARHENGE-facebook.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Interesting photo. Lol. :)

That photo is of Carhenge at Alliance, Nebraska, patterned after England's famed Stonehenge. Folks drive miles out of their way to see it.
We came down US 385 from Deadwood on Monday and passed by Alliance. If I had known about Carhenge we would have stopped. Oh well, we'll be going back to SD next Sept so I'll stop and take pictures. Ever been to Wall Drugs or 1880 town in that area?
Been to Wall Drug many a time. That's where we stop on our way to MT to see my older sister, and on the way back. It's our half way spot. Good place to get a steak.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

3033_z3MnyThCBNuR7fcBkcVuMr6Q6C4z50H-OhybUJdoX5w.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,

It took me a minute before I noticed the little dog sitting there. Lol! He looks so small.

We've had such a FANTASTIC stretch of excellent weather here that I just can't stop myself from getting outside things done, big jobs, long over due, like they say, "make hay while you can." So yesterday I worked again, never did take the Harley out.

We've had such a FANTASTIC stretch of excellent weather here that I just can't stop myself from getting outside things done, big jobs, long over due, like they say, "make hay while you can." So yesterday I worked again, never did take the Harley out.

It's been really nice here for the past week too. Low humidity and temps in the low 70s for the most part. Nice break from all the humidity we've had this year. :)

The moon was very bright last night. It made outdoors look very interesting.

The moon will be closest on 28th September. That is also the last day a predicted meteorite will hit the earth.
But I assume that theory is a hoax.

Well let's hope so. But just in case don't pay any bills today in case we don't have to.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,

It took me a minute before I noticed the little dog sitting there. Lol! He looks so small.

The "Garden of Eden" is the tiny prairie town of Lucas, Kansas, claim to fame. It is in turn interesting, mysterious, weird, grotesque, awful, fascinating.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,

o-CARHENGE-facebook.jpg

I thought that was Cadillac Ranch at first. We stopped at the Ranch on the way back from Albuquerque. Where is your picture from?

Cadillac Ranch near Amarillo.

amarillo_cadillac_ranch.jpg

The Cadillac Ranch is on I-40 just outside the Amarillo western city limits. We drive by there every time we go to visit our son and family in west Texas or head to the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Very visible from the Interstate it actually is not in its original location but was moved to its present location. Many myths have grown up around it, the most popular being that an eccentric millionaire could not bear to part with his Cadillacs as he upgraded and so buried each one for posterity. The truth is much less glamorous as you can read here. The graffiti and vandalism of the cars were apparently encouraged by the artists.
Cadillac Ranch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You once had to trudge through the weeds and mud to get close to the buried vehicles but recently a formal paved walkway has been constructed from the shoulder of I-40 to a fence surrounding the cars. Whenever we go by there are always cars parked on the shoulder and folks out at the display.

Okay, okay, I'm up. Think I have this making coffee with my eyes closed thing down pat...... The wife has another phone interview at 10, she's worse off than I am as she's been going to bed around 6 am every morning, she did go to bed at 4 this morning. She also has a gyno appoint this afternoon, they have her on just estrogen and she want's it balanced out, just estrogen alone is not a good thing.
As I've mentioned before we have two swamp coolers and the one over the kitchen (that handles the east side of the house) has been problematic since we started renting the place, it's OLD....... The HVAC people have been out 4 times to fix problems with it since March. It finally went out again about a week and a half ago so I placed a work order with the management company and called Carmen with the HVAC people the owner prefers. First thing Carman says is the house needs a new one and she will call the owners and take care of everything.
A couple of days ago I realized I hadn't heard from Carmen so figured I'd give her a few more days but started to assume the owners had decided to wait unto next spring as we are near the end of the season. Suddenly yesterday Carmen calls me, it's a go and right now they're on the roof installing the new one.

Okay, okay, I'm up. Think I have this making coffee with my eyes closed thing down pat...... The wife has another phone interview at 10, she's worse off than I am as she's been going to bed around 6 am every morning, she did go to bed at 4 this morning. She also has a gyno appoint this afternoon, they have her on just estrogen and she want's it balanced out, just estrogen alone is not a good thing.
As I've mentioned before we have two swamp coolers and the one over the kitchen (that handles the east side of the house) has been problematic since we started renting the place, it's OLD....... The HVAC people have been out 4 times to fix problems with it since March. It finally went out again about a week and a half ago so I placed a work order with the management company and called Carmen with the HVAC people the owner prefers. First thing Carman says is the house needs a new one and she will call the owners and take care of everything.
A couple of days ago I realized I hadn't heard from Carmen so figured I'd give her a few more days but started to assume the owners had decided to wait unto next spring as we are near the end of the season. Suddenly yesterday Carmen calls me, it's a go and right now they're on the roof installing the new one.

Air conditioning in 90+ degree heat is a wonderful thing. :)

My bunny also does the teeth grinding thing when I pat him. :)

BunnyCottage: Decoding Bunny Language: The 5 Resting Positions

5. The 'bunny flop'

• The bunny is contented, happy and feels safe in his/her environment. Often, bunnies tend to fall asleep in this position. When bunnies sleep, their noses stop wiggling so often and they grind their teeth softly.

The bunnies are special, and I am surprised at how sociable and affectionate they can be. My daughter and SIL didn't have such luck when they adopted two french lopeared rabbits. They never did socialize much--they sometimes would bite their humans--and they hated each other so had to be separated in enormous cages that took up half of their living room. Not for me. :)

It is hard to imagine how something so adorable can be so unpleasant:

5cfafa28d7300d805791b06e6eead989.jpg

Air conditioning in 90+ degree heat is a wonderful thing. :)
For the most part it's been in the 80s for the last couple of weeks, lows in the low to mid 70s at night, in this area it's akin to a cold front....... :D

Forum List

Back