USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Morning !
:biggrin:
funny-animals-2110.jpg

Woah ! I just finished the last part of doom 3, the lost mission. It was not too hard to kill the big boss, I did it on the second attempt, and used up all my BFG ammo. Now the neighbours will have some peace until I can find a new game to play. Its not so much the gunfire, but I get exited and shout swear words when I am killed in the game.

Woah ! I just finished the last part of doom 3, the lost mission. It was not too hard to kill the big boss, I did it on the second attempt, and used up all my BFG ammo. Now the neighbours will have some peace until I can find a new game to play. Its not so much the gunfire, but I get exited and shout swear words when I am killed in the game.
I haven't played Doom in over 10 years. :lol:

I played Doom 3, I actually still have the game, but it was a long time ago. :)

I played it when it was first released and had forgotten most of it. Although some of it was vaguely familiar. But they recently brought out an updated version with extra games called the BFG edition, that runs on windows 7.

I played it when it was first released and had forgotten most of it. Although some of it was vaguely familiar. But they recently brought out an updated version with extra games called the BFG edition, that runs on windows 7.
There's a similar one for Linux called Sauerbraten (Cube2) that I still play from time to time. Just installed it on the rebuilt "wife's" desktop that I put Ubuntu on.

They also have a Windows version (it's free).

Just looked at the BGF version (video), they've essentially redone it with modern graphics, etc. Might have to try it out.......

My bunny also does the teeth grinding thing when I pat him. :)

BunnyCottage: Decoding Bunny Language: The 5 Resting Positions

5. The 'bunny flop'

• The bunny is contented, happy and feels safe in his/her environment. Often, bunnies tend to fall asleep in this position. When bunnies sleep, their noses stop wiggling so often and they grind their teeth softly.

The bunnies are special, and I am surprised at how sociable and affectionate they can be. My daughter and SIL didn't have such luck when they adopted two french lopeared rabbits. They never did socialize much--they sometimes would bite their humans--and they hated each other so had to be separated in enormous cages that took up half of their living room. Not for me. :)

It is hard to imagine how something so adorable can be so unpleasant:

5cfafa28d7300d805791b06e6eead989.jpg
I have rarely seen anything so tasty described as "adorable". At least in our culture it's acceptable to eat rabbit. Imagine if they had been cats, dogs, or even horses?

Just looked at the BGF version (video), they've essentially redone it with modern graphics, etc. Might have to try it out.......

Its fun, but you may get battle fatigue if you play it for a long time. There are three separate games included in the new package. They also included the original doom and doom 2 which I could not be bothered with.
But the two new games, 'resurrection of evil' and 'the lost mission' are quite good.

Called work yesterday and got permission to take the last two days of what would have been my workweek and stay up here until Tuesday, dispensation granted! There's still much to be done, there's always loads to be done, but I'm on a roll here. After wasting my first four days out of action due to a clumsy ladder...well, this will make up for lost time.
Like many others, the past week has been glorious gold and blue, highs in the mid-40s during the day. Now I have to get some things done before it rains again. With our temps, we should get snow at night.
Fixing breakfast, leftover ground beef steak with onions and brown gravy. I have a fresh pot of coffee to tide me over until my chow is ready.
I hope y'all have a great day, I'll probably be here off-and-on and look forward to chatting.

5. The 'bunny flop'

• The bunny is contented, happy and feels safe in his/her environment. Often, bunnies tend to fall asleep in this position. When bunnies sleep, their noses stop wiggling so often and they grind their teeth softly.

The bunnies are special, and I am surprised at how sociable and affectionate they can be. My daughter and SIL didn't have such luck when they adopted two french lopeared rabbits. They never did socialize much--they sometimes would bite their humans--and they hated each other so had to be separated in enormous cages that took up half of their living room. Not for me. :)

I have rarely seen anything so tasty described as "adorable". At least in our culture it's acceptable to eat rabbit. Imagine if they had been cats, dogs, or even horses?

But I know ranchers who won't eat the beef they raise or their own chickens because they become so attached. And of course many cultures DO eat horses, cats, dogs, etc. as well as have them for pets. I have eaten rabbit and would enjoy it agan, but I certainly couldn't make an entre out of a bunny I had befriended. :)

5. The 'bunny flop'

I don't know how my bunny is around other bunnies. I know he doesn't like cats at all (sorry Save - LOL). He is petrified of the kitties! :(

He is very affectionate to me. He lets me pick him up and hold him and feed him by hand and pat him. He sits on the couch next to me sometimes when he's out and about. He bit me one time but it was only because he got overly excited about eating and it was an accident. :)

There's a similar one for Linux called Sauerbraten (Cube2) that I still play from time to time. Just installed it on the rebuilt "wife's" desktop that I put Ubuntu on.

They also have a Windows version (it's free).

I actually installed Sauerbraten recently when I decided to randomly get some games from the Mint software manager. I haven't actually played it yet. I still have 9 Tomb Raider games, 5 Elder Scrolls games (although I may not play the first 2 of those) and Fallout 3 to play. Oh, yeah, and the two Torchlight games, and a baseball game for the ps3. :p

I haven't been playing my games recently, I should get back to that. :lol:

5. The 'bunny flop'

But I know ranchers who won't eat the beef they raise or their own chickens because they become so attached. And of course many cultures DO eat horses, cats, dogs, etc. as well as have them for pets. I have eaten rabbit and would enjoy it agan, but I certainly couldn't make an entre out of a bunny I had befriended. :)

I don't think I could eat a rabbit and feel good about myself later. :( I've never eaten one before and after having one for a pet, I don't want to.

This isn't my first rabbit though. I rescued a wild rabbit once when it was a baby and had that rabbit for a few years. I ended up gradually letting her go outside until she got accustomed to it, and then one day she jumped off the porch and ran off. Now, she was not a friendly rabbit. She basically tolerated being touched but didn't actually enjoy it like my domesticated rabbit. Funny that after I let her go, she would come back to eat sometimes. She would come up to the slider and scratch on it to come in. She would eat and then leave. No thanks or anything. Lol.

Forum List

Back