USMB Coffee Shop IV

Didn't get up till around 10:30 this morning, some time during the night I took my CPAP mask off which the wife who had gone to bed before me didn't remember me doing. She says when I sleep with the mask off I sound like Darth Vader..... :lol:
I did put it back on sometime around 8 this morning but never expected to sleep this long. Guess I needed the extra sleep but I still feel kinda tired.

Busy night at Doc's last night. We had a very popular area group called Whyte Caps in for Max's birthday bash.
These kids are all in their early 20's but play music written before they were born; in many cases, before their parents were born.
They did a fine job with Beatles, Cream and Hendrix stuff nearly 50 years old.
We somehow got on a list of local spots as THE place to be last night and saw a lot of new places.
As usual, customers were raving about the lady's room, the murals and how clean we keep the place.
It certainly wasn't up to our usual standards by closing time with several spilled drinks, popped balloons and crepe paper scraps, but we did keep up the best we could.
I worked security/bar back along with my regular bouncer. No drama, but I bet I washed a thousand glasses and restocked 20 cases of beer.
The parking lot was full plus cars were on the lawn, at the body shop 100 yards away, the insurance agency across the street from there and the small lot next door.
I got home about 2:30 and to bed about 4.

Maybe you'll start making money...... :D

:thup:

Crap! After being granted a couple of extra days off, it started raining! No eclipse and working outside sucks. At least the temps will be in the high 40's and low 50's. Guess I'll just have to gear up appropriately. At least the goats won't be going walkabout in this weather.
Congrats to Ernie for Doc H's becoming a "place to be"! More earnings mean more work, no doubt.
Partner showed up yesterday and shortly after that, my LGD went nuts. I checked to see what set off my bark-alarm. Seems my partner blew a wad on a snow machine which I will probably not use and he probably won't, either. Nice to know we have one, though...

I've been thinking about buying an new truck for some time now and after I traded the RV for a 5th wheel, I needed to. I have been looking around for a week or so and on Friday I purchased the new truck to tow the 5th wheeler with. It's a Ford. I got a ruby red, Ford F250 Lariat with the 6.7 diesel motor in it. Really nice ride. If the truck was an inch taller it wouldn't fit in my garage! Naturally, it's a 4 wheel drive truck because I'd never buy a truck that wasn't 4 wheel drive. Another plus, is that Mrs. BBD loves it!

:uhoh3::uhoh3:
I've been thinking about buying an new truck for some time now and after I traded the RV for a 5th wheel, I needed to. I have been looking around for a week or so and on Friday I purchased the new truck to tow the 5th wheeler with. It's a Ford. I got a ruby red, Ford F250 Lariat with the 6.7 diesel motor in it. Really nice ride. If the truck was an inch taller it wouldn't fit in my garage! Naturally, it's a 4 wheel drive truck because I'd never buy a truck that wasn't 4 wheel drive. Another plus, is that Mrs. BBD loves it!
Wow! Sorry to hear that, dude...a Ford!

You must be a shitty Chevy fan....... :eusa_whistle:
:lol:

The wife's been repacking stuff that we pulled out months ago expecting to have to relocate soon. We have been culling but no where near as much as I'd like her to cull....... I am making some progress though..... :D

Nope, not at all. And I'm not a fan of the Gay Man's Chevy, either!

Everybody take note. There is a full 'blood moon' or harvest moon tonight that will go into full eclipse. The eclipse will have already started when the moon tops the Sandias to our east but we should have clear skies tonight so we can really see and enjoy it. Time varies slightly with the part of the country you are in:

12006076_837367796374331_5436035360480424711_n.jpg

Clouds 7:45 to midnight.

Busy night at Doc's last night. We had a very popular area group called Whyte Caps in for Max's birthday bash.
These kids are all in their early 20's but play music written before they were born; in many cases, before their parents were born.
They did a fine job with Beatles, Cream and Hendrix stuff nearly 50 years old.
We somehow got on a list of local spots as THE place to be last night and saw a lot of new places.
As usual, customers were raving about the lady's room, the murals and how clean we keep the place.
It certainly wasn't up to our usual standards by closing time with several spilled drinks, popped balloons and crepe paper scraps, but we did keep up the best we could.
I worked security/bar back along with my regular bouncer. No drama, but I bet I washed a thousand glasses and restocked 20 cases of beer.
The parking lot was full plus cars were on the lawn, at the body shop 100 yards away, the insurance agency across the street from there and the small lot next door.
I got home about 2:30 and to bed about 4.

Maybe you'll start making money...... :D

:thup:

That would be nice....

Everybody take note. There is a full 'blood moon' or harvest moon tonight that will go into full eclipse. The eclipse will have already started when the moon tops the Sandias to our east but we should have clear skies tonight so we can really see and enjoy it. Time varies slightly with the part of the country you are in:

12006076_837367796374331_5436035360480424711_n.jpg

Clouds 7:45 to midnight.

Yeah, it's been drizzling here all evening. We'll try again in 2033.:thup:

My last three trucks were Chevys and after reading all the specs it appeared to me that the Ford was the way to go. I loved the Avalanche I traded in on the new Ford but it was time for it to go. Chevy makes a good truck but like I said, the Ford best suited my needs. I don't know what you mean when you say "gay man's Chevy". I can assure you that I am not gay so I hope that reference isn't a barb tossed at me.
If it is, it's a waisted shot.

My last three trucks were Chevys and after reading all the specs it appeared to me that the Ford was the way to go. I loved the Avalanche I traded in on the new Ford but it was time for it to go. Chevy makes a good truck but like I said, the Ford best suited my needs. I don't know what you mean when you say "gay man's Chevy". I can assure you that I am not gay so I hope that reference isn't a barb tossed at me.
If it is, it's a waisted shot.
Gay Man's Chevy = GMC. I believe GW is a Dodge man.

The music I listened to in high school is still being played in bars all over the country.
We had a band called Whyte Caps at my bar last night. They opened the first set with The Beatles "Come Together"
"Come Together" was released in 1969. The oldest band member is 23 meaning the song may actually be older than their parents.

Forum List

Back