USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yesterday we were going to make a trip up to Silver City, the wife let the cats out for a short outing in the back yard while watching Giz like a hawk....... She went to grab him and bring him in, he slipped from her grasp and in a flash was over the wall with her trying to grab him again. We didn't go cause she didn't want to leave while he was out, didn't want to be gone when he decided to come home....... six hours later....... He's grounded now. With the change in weather he's bouncing off the walls.......

Anybody know where this house is? Hombre and I visited a similar underground house in the Scottsdale area years ago, but I don't think that was this one. Plus that terrain doesn't look at all like Scottsdale. :)

10301938_1130787156931724_6468244215067648823_n.jpg
12111981_1130787166931723_4909560633733436668_n.jpg
12143218_1130787136931726_8723856178277602208_n.jpg
12143277_1130787123598394_3291657037660841374_n.jpg
]
The exterior looks a lot like a house in my home town. It's been 50 years since I've seen it, so I can't say what it looks like these days, but the terrain does look like Connecticut.

Been looking for the Swiffer dusting handles for at least a month or two, should have asked the wife right off the bat, "oh yeah, I put them in the umbrella stand so they wouldn't get lost......" Like I would think to look there.......

Been looking for the Swiffer dusting handles for at least a month or two, should have asked the wife right off the bat, "oh yeah, I put them in the umbrella stand so they wouldn't get lost......" Like I would think to look there.......

I don't use Swiffers. I do it the old-fashioned way with furniture polish and a rag. Lol.

I don't use Swiffers. I do it the old-fashioned way with furniture polish and a rag. Lol.
That's too much work...... I like Ernie's method better...... :D

Just the deck... This time of the year, I get thousands of acorns falling and I either clean them up, or put shoes on when I go out there for coffee.

Why not pick them up and spread them around the countryside wherever you go. You could leave a trail of future oak trees behind you. I tried to do it with sunflowers by spreading thousands of seeds everywhere I went . But I discovered that slugs and snails find sunflower seedlings tasty so they eat the vast majority of them and kill them off. So I had a very small crop of sunflowers that grew to fruition.

Just the deck... This time of the year, I get thousands of acorns falling and I either clean them up, or put shoes on when I go out there for coffee.
We had that back in Northern Virginia, some seasons it would "rain" acorns....... Very interesting if you have the old style metal lawn furniture...... woke me up on more than one occasion..... :lol:

Why not pick them up and spread them around the countryside wherever you go. You could leave a trail of future oak trees behind you. I tried to do it with sunflowers by spreading thousands of seeds everywhere I went . But I discovered that slugs and snails find sunflower seedlings tasty so they eat the vast majority of them and kill them off. So I had a very small crop of sunflowers that grew to fruition.

We have a TON of Oaks in my back yard (which is woods in a conservation area). No need for any more or they would block out the sun completely in the summer. :D

We have a TON of Oaks in my back yard (which is woods in a conservation area). No need for any more or they would block out the sun completely in the summer. :D

When I was a wee sprout I used 'em for batting practice.

There are billions of acorns here. My lawn has thousands of tiny oak saplings that I have to mow, pull or chop. The very last thing I want to do with acorns is plant trees that will make..... more damned acorns.

We had that back in Northern Virginia, some seasons it would "rain" acorns....... Very interesting if you have the old style metal lawn furniture...... woke me up on more than one occasion..... :lol:
I have a metal roof, thank you.

Lately the wife's been watching Daryl's House (Daryl Hall from Hall and Oats fame). He has a place in Millerton, NY which he jams with a myriad of new and established musicians and they have a cooking section on some as many musicians share their favorite recipes. He's jamming with Smokey Robinson right now. :thup:

Live From Daryl's House: This Month's Episode

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Ringel's Jasper,
Pogo's brother,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

99337263.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back