USMB Coffee Shop IV

A while,back when I scoped out a few shows on cable tv (I ditched my tv) I caught Daryl's House. cool interactions with other musicians.

A truly great show like that was Elvis Costello's show...don't know what happened to it
It ran until 2011, don't know what happened to it either. Heck the only time the TV is on is when my wife is watching it otherwise it's off and most the time I'm busy with projects so I rarely watch it anyway. We're using a Roku 3.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is mammogram day. I don't look forward to it. They think my boob is taffy when they start stretching it all over that plate. Jeez.

And karma has an ear infection so not only do I have to go get my boob squished, I hafta take Karm to the vet so they can check it out.

Sigh. If it ain't one thing, its another!

Tomorrow is mammogram day. I don't look forward to it. They think my boob is taffy when they start stretching it all over that plate. Jeez.

And karma has an ear infection so not only do I have to go get my boob squished, I hafta take Karm to the vet so they can check it out.

Sigh. If it ain't one thing, its another!

Well for you that mammogram is especially important but that too shall quickly pass. Karma is back on the list and hopefully that is really short term too. But I know what you mean. I was so hoping that I would feel wonderful after my surgery but the back injjury and flareup of my frozen shoulder has not made that possible. I am looking forward to being done with both.

So, my little one is now preparing her breakfast and lunch for herself. I was going to help her prep things but she was "no, please...I am enjoying my alone time!" I love the young lady she is growing into...but I miss my little girl!

Morning

the-funny-animals-33.jpg
:biggrin:

So, my little one is now preparing her breakfast and lunch for herself. I was going to help her prep things but she was "no, please...I am enjoying my alone time!" I love the young lady she is growing into...but I miss my little girl!

Trust me. That little twinge of hurt when you are no longer 'needed' is the price we pay for the pride that they are becoming their own strong, independent person. But she is always going to be your 'little girl'.

My little girl is 33, has a great career and owns her own home. I'm finally used to, and appreciative, of her independence. I do remember cringing at cooking, but for me, it came much earlier when horses replaced me as the most important thing in her life. To this day, I hate "My Little Pony".

today is day 16 without my cigarettes. Yesterday was the toughest yet, probably due to going to step 2 on the patches. I may just pick up a box of nicotine lozenges just to get me through those spots.
I do feel a lot better. food and drink tastes better and I've stopped coughing. The COPD even seems better. Being single seems to have more benefits than just peace of mind.

today is day 16 without my cigarettes. Yesterday was the toughest yet, probably due to going to step 2 on the patches. I may just pick up a box of nicotine lozenges just to get me through those spots.
I do feel a lot better. food and drink tastes better and I've stopped coughing. The COPD even seems better. Being single seems to have more benefits than just peace of mind.

Hang in there. I was taught that it takes 21 days or so for the nicotine to completely clear your system and after that the addiction is mostly broken. That's cold turkey though and I don't know what the dynamics are with the patches or other means of obtaining nictotine. But the cravings that come on us are fierce and feel almost unbearable, but if we focus on not giving into them they do pass. And as time passes they gradually decrease in frequency and intensity overall until you no longer have them. But I do understand how tough it can be.

Congrats Ernie! Keep it up. You WILL be happy in the long run.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Ringel's Jasper,
Pogo's brother,
Gracie's Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

11081308_964132380299451_6341330549754073439_n.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back