🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

One time the doctor's office had me sit there and wait, only to tell me after like half an hour or so that the doctor had left on an emergency and I would have to reschedule.
That I understand and would not be upset over. Now if they had waited 45 minutes to an hour to tell me I'd probably pitch a bitch.

Ernie says he waited for 3 hours! I don't think I would have waited for that long. Lol.

Mama Fox's advice for today:

12311177_1063540793696397_845435014231814478_n.jpg

Look at all the colors man! ;) Lol.
I can really see Foxy dressing that way

One time the doctor's office had me sit there and wait, only to tell me after like half an hour or so that the doctor had left on an emergency and I would have to reschedule.
That I understand and would not be upset over. Now if they had waited 45 minutes to an hour to tell me I'd probably pitch a bitch.

Ernie says he waited for 3 hours! I don't think I would have waited for that long. Lol.
No, unless it was a "special" situation I would have been gone and probably billed the doctors office for my time.

Had a 9AM 6 week post surgery appointment with the wife's knee surgeon........ At 10AM after waiting an hour we rescheduled, she has a 11AM Physical Therapy appointment across town........
We're not happy campers........

I wish we could charge doctors when they don't keep a scheduled appointment like they charge us.
I did one time. The wife was REAL pregnant with #4 and couldn't reach the steering wheel any more, so I took the 3 kids to the paediatrician for their check ups. Got there a few minutes before my appointment and sat with10, 6 and 2 year old kids for 3 hours. When we finally got out of there, I left with the bunch and didn't pay or even talk to anyone at the desk. This is before cell phones and I have visions of my 8 1/2 month pregnant wife freaking out about her family.
A month later, I got a bill. I sent the doctor a note detailing the 5 hours I missed from work billed at my normal consulting hourly rate and figured that he owed me about 60 bucks. That bill was never mentioned again.

Three hours is a VERY long time to wait. You must have the patience of a SAINT!
No patience at all. What I have is restraint. That and I was playing with the kids... LOL

Todays beach run was interesting. Dead mudhen was floating in the waves not too far from shore and a seagul was floating around it and scavaging. Vulture and a hawk were flying over head but the vulture was more brave but not wanting to get IN the water. So...I use a stick and flip it to shore. Vulture and now hawk swoop down and drag it further onto the sand. Seagull got disgusted with me and flew away. Moki decided two big birds to chase would be more fun than getting wet.
Karma not interested at all, so as we are walking along, I see an upside down ALIVE crab with black shell and she plays with it until it gets her nose and she whips it off. Good thing it was a small crab! So I toss it back in the water before Seagull, Hawk and Vulture find fresh meat. Over all, it was an interesting day for all of us.

And...my hands are not working so slick today. Dropped my damn plate of breakfast, and karma just happened to be there and got to eat what I planned to. :(

Had a 9AM 6 week post surgery appointment with the wife's knee surgeon........ At 10AM after waiting an hour we rescheduled, she has a 11AM Physical Therapy appointment across town........
We're not happy campers........

I wish we could charge doctors when they don't keep a scheduled appointment like they charge us.
I did one time. The wife was REAL pregnant with #4 and couldn't reach the steering wheel any more, so I took the 3 kids to the paediatrician for their check ups. Got there a few minutes before my appointment and sat with10, 6 and 2 year old kids for 3 hours. When we finally got out of there, I left with the bunch and didn't pay or even talk to anyone at the desk. This is before cell phones and I have visions of my 8 1/2 month pregnant wife freaking out about her family.
A month later, I got a bill. I sent the doctor a note detailing the 5 hours I missed from work billed at my normal consulting hourly rate and figured that he owed me about 60 bucks. That bill was never mentioned again.

Three hours is a VERY long time to wait. You must have the patience of a SAINT!
No patience at all. What I have is restraint. That and I was playing with the kids... LOL

That works.....when they are good kids. :p

Oh yes, Bed & Breakfast. I have a perfect location for such a thing.
Sounds great! Got pics of the location you wanna build it? Don't give away where it is exactly due to nutbars here...but they can't track land!
I'll see what I can find, or make some new pics. I did mention I'll be going up for Solstice.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Resize-Wizard-4-B.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.
Looks like home! I could live there.

Lots of coffee shops. All are doable, lol. I just prefer here. Maybe cuz there are pillows for seats here and over there it's booths and stools? ;)

Anyway....I think...no..I KNOW..I am getting poisoned again. Might take a wee hiatus for a bit. Day or two. Or however long it takes to clear my head from fumes wafting about. Might hang out in here for awhile...maybe the Eye Candy thread..maybe Pinterest or Twitter or Weheartit. Soothing stuffs, good stuffs, positive stuffs. My scales are all crooked again. No likey.

Lots of coffee shops. All are doable, lol. I just prefer here. Maybe cuz there are pillows for seats here and over there it's booths and stools? ;)

Anyway....I think...no..I KNOW..I am getting poisoned again. Might take a wee hiatus for a bit. Day or two. Or however long it takes to clear my head from fumes wafting about. Might hang out in here for awhile...maybe the Eye Candy thread..maybe Pinterest or Twitter or Weheartit. Soothing stuffs, good stuffs, positive stuffs. My scales are all crooked again. No likey.
Surely not from here, in the CS.

Whew! Spent most of this weekend sick as imaginable. Fever and chills, and not keeping even water down. I went to the Uni staff Christmas party and ended up staring blankly at a piece of pizza. Came home and crashed, slept for over 12 hours and woke up brave enough to face a cup of coffee and some beef broth. I'll get back to work tonight, but couldn't face going in last night. Oh, well...maybe this will be all for the rest of the season.
Guess I'll got strip some crackers out of their wrappers for a goat snack tomorrow. Most air carriers cater some kind of crackers and bread for the crews and my partner scrounges what doesn't get eaten. The goats are just too messy if you let them open the packages themselves.

No no. OUT THERE.
Stay in a poisoned well long enough, ya get poisoned. I stayed in there too long and see/feel myself reverting to a lopsided Libra. No can do. Gotta get back on even keel. Only way to do that is remove myself from the toxic areas of the well.

Flu? I hope like hell this damn shot I got yesterday works and I don't get what you had. It would kill me. My immune system is totally broken now.

I don't like being mean. I've been mean. Really mean. So....my cure is....pretty pics! And joke gifs like what the folks in here post. And a vicodin doesn't hurt either. I tend to get grumpier when my high tolerance for pain is busted, too. It has been for 2 days now.

I can relate to chronic pain wearing a body down and affecting us negatively in many ways. It has been my cross to bear for many months now, but it is improving. But today has been a particularly tough one. But oh well. Maybe I can sleep tonight and tomorrow everything will be brighter. Certainly those of you in the Coffee Shop who lift my spirits, boost my morale when I'm feeling down, and who make me laugh in spite of myself have been a positive in my life.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

some-weird-but-still-funny-places-to-live01.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Our tolerance machines are broken, Foxy. So...here is something to cheer you up. Works for me, might work for you! And I hope you sleep REALLY good tonight!

upload_2015-12-17_23-44-20.jpeg

Whew! Spent most of this weekend sick as imaginable. Fever and chills, and not keeping even water down. I went to the Uni staff Christmas party and ended up staring blankly at a piece of pizza. Came home and crashed, slept for over 12 hours and woke up brave enough to face a cup of coffee and some beef broth. I'll get back to work tonight, but couldn't face going in last night. Oh, well...maybe this will be all for the rest of the season.
Guess I'll got strip some crackers out of their wrappers for a goat snack tomorrow. Most air carriers cater some kind of crackers and bread for the crews and my partner scrounges what doesn't get eaten. The goats are just too messy if you let them open the packages themselves.

Hope you're feeling better GW. And careful of getting dehydrated with one of those stomach bugs. I find it helpful to drink a lot of not-too-strong tea with a little sugar or honey during one of those throw up bugs. It does help hydrate you and at least it is something pretty pleasant to throw up.

Forum List

Back