🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

I did sleep better last night. When I got up due to biological necessity during the night I was amazed that my arm felt great. It was a little sore when I finally got up this morning but nothing like yesterday. I'm really missing my naproxen that kept the pain level down consistently, but since the doc took me off that, I am seeing some other positive benefits. So it will all wear out in the wash.

11695363_925446914168444_7214781142154645551_n.jpg

Whew! Spent most of this weekend sick as imaginable. Fever and chills, and not keeping even water down. I went to the Uni staff Christmas party and ended up staring blankly at a piece of pizza. Came home and crashed, slept for over 12 hours and woke up brave enough to face a cup of coffee and some beef broth. I'll get back to work tonight, but couldn't face going in last night. Oh, well...maybe this will be all for the rest of the season.
Guess I'll got strip some crackers out of their wrappers for a goat snack tomorrow. Most air carriers cater some kind of crackers and bread for the crews and my partner scrounges what doesn't get eaten. The goats are just too messy if you let them open the packages themselves.

Hope you're feeling better GW. And careful of getting dehydrated with one of those stomach bugs. I find it helpful to drink a lot of not-too-strong tea with a little sugar or honey during one of those throw up bugs. It does help hydrate you and at least it is something pretty pleasant to throw up.

You could try ginger tea, it's supposed to help with nausea. It might require a lot of sweetener, though.

Fortunately, Hombre came in a bit earlier than I expected tonight, so dinner was rescued from the oven in the nick of time:

12341230_1065612293472262_1559577277424053124_n.jpg

Slowly working on one of my other projects.

8a53864b6302e760aa8e7f0815b0529d.jpg

The colors I'm considering are an olive brown for the frock coat (tropical wool), a yellow or red silk brocade for the vest and light brown or light blue wool trousers with either a blue or black silk cravat.

I'm going to do everything out of inexpensive cotton first to work out all the "kinks" then use that as the "pattern" for the more expensive fabrics.

Well here I am again, up at a quarter to seven in the morning on Saturday. I have been awake since about 5.30.
My first port of call is the coffee shop, then I am off to twitter. I spent all day on twitter yesterday. Later I am meeting my sister for Christmas lunch. She visits me at my birthdays and Christmas and we go to a restaurant. I am hoping they will have a Christmas dinner on the menu.

I have been happily pinning at Pinterest, sharing what I pin at Twitter, and am fixing to get in my jammies. I hope I can sleep, cuz I dozed off at 6pm while cuddling with Karma and woke up at 8pm in time for Master Chef Jr, then watched 20/20 and now I am contemplating which movie to watch on netflix OR browsing the web for more pics to steal.

I am also contemplating on a new hobby...if I can get my hands to work to do it. And I have to thank Dajjal for the idea. Making windchimes. :lol:
BUT...these would probably NOT irritate him. These are made to hang in your window. They can be chimey if moved, but mostly, they will be sun catchers. I have some all over my room already..in the window hanging behind the drapes so when I open said drapes and the sun is shining in...I get little rainbows all over the walls. Some hang over my pc on the light fixture, some dangle from my room divider. No way would I put any of these outside. They are made of swarovski crystals, gemstone beads and the like. Very pretty. So I figure..why not make my own instead of stumbling across them at estate sales? I have A LOT of crystal chandelier prisms too..without the light fixture. I think they would make lovely sun catchers.

Something like this:

08028ac9b1ca42d2451ffae13842fe1e.jpg

il_570xN.457957783_8t30.jpg

3c36b626517fed30b324f8a2f8fe0adf.jpg

a7ef75_686afe7fe68147729559db1c4f2c4a1c.jpg_srz_p_498_747_75_22_0.5_1.2_0_jpg_srz

6330172fdb128ea03de4ad38c2f4a95f.jpg

With MrG being a scrapper, I have PLENTY of brass tops I can use for the heads.

Gracie, Be very careful of hanging things with prisms and lenses in the windows. I did that once and when the sun came up a lens I had put on the window ledge focused the sun and burnt a hole through the curtain. I was lucky the curtain did not go up in flames.

Ps. they are very pretty.

Went to bed at midnight, woke up at 5:30, my right arm had gone numb (laying on it) it was quite painful and my sinuses were full so I couldn't go back to sleep. We were planning on going up to Silver City for a day trip, the wife was up at 7 in anticipation till I told her I hadn't had much sleep and that it was more than likely she would have to drive home when we were done, she went back to bed........

Forum List

Back