🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Resize-Wizard-4-B.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I have returned yet again. From a galaxy far, far away. My grandmother's eye surgery went without a hitch. So thankful. And in celebration of the fourth Star Wars film to be released in my lifetime, this knight will be dressed up as this guy tonight while I stand watch:

darth-vader.jpg

Ha! Take that 1970's kids!

May the force be with you. Sleep thee all well, with visions of lightsaber duels dancing in your heads.

Last edited:
Good morning everybody. Hope everybody got a good night's sleep. I'm sure we were all safe with Darth Vader guarding the Coffee Shop. :)

I had a therapist yesterday who thinks pain is wonderful and woke up really hurting this morning, but it is slowly working itself out so I'll survive. My regular therapist is of the school that if it really hurts, your body is telling you to stop until it doesn't--minor pain is okay--serious pain is not. I think I like that school better.

Anyhow it is really cold in Albuquerque. Plenty of sunshine but not supposed to get much above freezing today. So the snow is still hanging on all the way to the base of the mountain and hasn't all melted out of our yard yet. Winter in New Mexico.

Lunch and "42" with friends today. Looking forward to that.

Why is there a Coffee Shop and a Cappucino Corral?

Because somebody started both threads? The Coffee Shop was first and, because of the great people who post here has been long enduring but we can't make everybody love us. And some folks just prefer to hang out elsewhere for whatever reason and that's cool too.

I have returned yet again. From a galaxy far, far away. My grandmother's eye surgery went without a hitch. So thankful. And in celebration of the fourth Star Wars film to be released in my lifetime, this knight will be dressed up as this guy tonight while I stand watch:

darth-vader.jpg

Ha! Take that 1970's kids!

May the force be with you. Sleep thee all well, with visions of lightsaber duels dancing in your heads.

My condolences for having been born after the actually good Star Wars movies were released. :p

Had a 9AM 6 week post surgery appointment with the wife's knee surgeon........ At 10AM after waiting an hour we rescheduled, she has a 11AM Physical Therapy appointment across town........
We're not happy campers........

Had a 9AM 6 week post surgery appointment with the wife's knee surgeon........ At 10AM after waiting an hour we rescheduled, she has a 11AM Physical Therapy appointment across town........

I wish we could charge doctors when they don't keep a scheduled appointment like they charge us.

I wish we could charge doctors when they don't keep a scheduled appointment like they charge us.
I did one time. The wife was REAL pregnant with #4 and couldn't reach the steering wheel any more, so I took the 3 kids to the paediatrician for their check ups. Got there a few minutes before my appointment and sat with10, 6 and 2 year old kids for 3 hours. When we finally got out of there, I left with the bunch and didn't pay or even talk to anyone at the desk. This is before cell phones and I have visions of my 8 1/2 month pregnant wife freaking out about her family.
A month later, I got a bill. I sent the doctor a note detailing the 5 hours I missed from work billed at my normal consulting hourly rate and figured that he owed me about 60 bucks. That bill was never mentioned again.

I did one time. The wife was REAL pregnant with #4 and couldn't reach the steering wheel any more, so I took the 3 kids to the paediatrician for their check ups. Got there a few minutes before my appointment and sat with10, 6 and 2 year old kids for 3 hours. When we finally got out of there, I left with the bunch and didn't pay or even talk to anyone at the desk. This is before cell phones and I have visions of my 8 1/2 month pregnant wife freaking out about her family.
A month later, I got a bill. I sent the doctor a note detailing the 5 hours I missed from work billed at my normal consulting hourly rate and figured that he owed me about 60 bucks. That bill was never mentioned again.

Three hours is a VERY long time to wait. You must have the patience of a SAINT!

One time the doctor's office had me sit there and wait, only to tell me after like half an hour or so that the doctor had left on an emergency and I would have to reschedule.
That I understand and would not be upset over. Now if they had waited 45 minutes to an hour to tell me I'd probably pitch a bitch.

One time the doctor's office had me sit there and wait, only to tell me after like half an hour or so that the doctor had left on an emergency and I would have to reschedule.
That I understand and would not be upset over. Now if they had waited 45 minutes to an hour to tell me I'd probably pitch a bitch.

Felt like a long time though. :D

Forum List

Back