🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good luck to everyone who's contemplating ending their addiction to the suicide sticks. I lost my mother to her 3-pack-a-day habit when she was 47. She was my best friend, and I love and miss her to this day. My youngest siblings were 11 and 13 when she passed. I can't describe their loss at all. :huddle:
I can kind of empathize. My Mom was 59 and Dad was 61 when each died, both were life-long smokers. My next birthday will be the 6-0 and I'm hoping that I'll have a bit more time to suck oxygen than they did. I have never smoked, so maybe my chances are pretty good.

Warm and breezy today, still no blizzard. I'm in silent running mode right now because my partner wandered out this way to help with the animals. Now he's crashed out smeared in Icy Hot with a heating pad. Since any little noise bothers his sleep, I have to keep things quiet. Not a real problem, but pretty annoying sometimes.

I will type quietly GW.
Not necessary, SL. Honestly, I usually have the DVD player running more for the noise than anything else. (I've worn out at least five of the things in the last couple of years!) I even have a show running when I'm sleeping. So it isn't a bad thing if I shut it down for a while. I guess I'm more resentful that my very private lifestyle is impacted when the partner "invades" my space. Some people never grasp the concept that being alone does not equate to being lonely.

Hey gallantwarrior ! How have you been? Nice to see you. :)
Nice to see you here, too, TK. How are you doing? Have you turned some of your peccadillos around? How's your Granma?

For now, all the peccadillos are taken care of. My grandmother is having some minor eye surgery done tomorrow to remove a sty from her eyelid that is affecting her vision, and prayers are appreciated. We got into a minor fenderbender today. Some college girls on the phone instead of focusing on driving rear ended an SUV which in turn rear ended us, it could have been a lot worse. Thank God, he was looking after everyone involved.

Also, we had a momentous occasion today. I've lived here with her for 20 years, from childhood to today, and for the first time we put up Christmas lights on the house. I was very pleased, and it fulfilled a childhood dream. And it also put my fat behind to work. :D

Hey gallantwarrior ! How have you been? Nice to see you. :)
Nice to see you here, too, TK. How are you doing? Have you turned some of your peccadillos around? How's your Granma?

For now, all the peccadillos are taken care of. My grandmother is having some minor eye surgery done tomorrow to remove a sty from her eyelid that is affecting her vision, and prayers are appreciated. We got into a minor fenderbender today. Some college girls on the phone instead of focusing on driving rear ended an SUV which in turn rear ended us, it could have been a lot worse. Thank God, he was looking after everyone involved.

Also, we had a momentous occasion today. I've lived here with her for 20 years, from childhood to today, and for the first time we put up Christmas lights on the house. I was very pleased, and it fulfilled a childhood dream. And it also put my fat behind to work. :D
Good that your fender-bender was minor. Sad that inattentive drivers were the cause. Hopefully, your Granny will come through her surgery with all flags flyin'. And I'm happy that you have been able to put your "fat behind" to work decorating for a festive season. May all your childhood dreams be realized (as long as they are moral and legal, heh-heh-heh!)

We're home despite driving out of post blizzard conditions in the north Texas Panhandle, putting up with gale force winds the whole way home, and running into another snowstorm on the east side of the Sandias, but all is well. Will catch up with everybody tomorrow. One tired puppy tonight.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

extraordinary-and-unusual-building-design-16.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated

We're home despite driving out of post blizzard conditions in the north Texas Panhandle, putting up with gale force winds the whole way home, and running into another snowstorm on the east side of the Sandias, but all is well. Will catch up with everybody tomorrow. One tired puppy tonight.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

extraordinary-and-unusual-building-design-16.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated
Sleep well, Foxy.

I think I would kill myself if I didn't have tv, pc or phone. Whatever would I do with myself???
C'mon over to my place, I have a list...
Be careful what you ask for. :lol:
I mean, what would you do if MrG, myself, and the two dogs arrived on your doorstep asking where to put our toothbrushes...and windchimes?
l have extra toothbrushes and dogs are always welcome. MrG would find the accommodations to his favor.

MrG is exremely bored. He will want chores. Then a nap. And his PC to nap in front of. Me...aim me at the critters. Then I will want my nap after I hang the windchimes in the nearest tree. Yes, the goats can nap with me. Cuddling is good. :lol:

This knight has returned to his post. I wish you all a restful sleep and pray that you awaken feeling refreshed! I shall stand guard until you all return.

I'll leave you with this, as you consider your flight plans this Christmas holiday:

towers.jpg

Forum List

Back