🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ernie S. how is the non smoking going? I'm thinking about giving it another go (cold turkey) but not til spring so I can keep more busy when I have the urge. THis gives me about 6 months to prepare myself. Cold Turkey sucks. But it is my preferred method although I always fail. Maybe this time I won't.

Oh, I'm down to 5 minutes before time's up. I've been reading posts at USMB and some related links at this session. *sigh* We lived without a phone, computer, and cable/satellite tv for over a year now. I'm so far behind on current events it just sucks. It's been an up and down year, too, with all sorts of changes with my dear husband's dementia. Even so, every day you wake up is a good one. *sigh*

Oh, I'm down to 5 minutes before time's up. I've been reading posts at USMB and some related links at this session. *sigh* We lived without a phone, computer, and cable/satellite tv for over a year now. I'm so far behind on current events it just sucks. It's been an up and down year, too, with all sorts of changes with my dear husband's dementia. Even so, every day you wake up is a good one. *sigh*

If you had the opportunity...which would you want back first?

I think I would kill myself if I didn't have tv, pc or phone. Whatever would I do with myself???

Good luck to everyone who's contemplating ending their addiction to the suicide sticks. I lost my mother to her 3-pack-a-day habit when she was 47. She was my best friend, and I love and miss her to this day. My youngest siblings were 11 and 13 when she passed. I can't describe their loss at all. :huddle:

If you had the opportunity...which would you want back first?
Oh, that's right, Save. I got a cell phone for emergencies, but I still don't have a clue how to use it very well, plus it's never where I thought I put it. lol

I often find it hard to know what messages God is trying to send me. I ask Him for clear and precise language, but alas it is not to be.

Well. I watched the live launch of Tim Peake, the British astronaut, and I watched him enter the space station live too. There is a lot of interest in this space mission in England because he is a Brit, but I expect Americans are more used to seeing space shots.

funny-pictures-computer-geek-auto-408154.jpeg

Well. I watched the live launch of Tim Peake, the British astronaut, and I watched him enter the space station live too. There is a lot of interest in this space mission in England because he is a Brit, but I expect Americans are more used to seeing space shots.
I see a lot of space shots on this forum........ Some people call em posts........

I have a cell phone. One of those cheapies from verizon. I pay 100 bucks per year for it. If I use it for an emergency, it's 2 bucks, but I can use it all that day for 24 hours and call anywhere. I rarely use it, so the 100 bucks does last me 365 days. And I still don't know how to text, or use have the stuff on it.
I could probably live without cable tv. But my pc? No no no. Gotta have that. It saved my life. It helped me choose which method to go with for my BC, it is my doctor, my dentist, my drug adviser, my vet info when all vets are closed for the day, my entertainment...its everything. And I get tv shows on netflix. So of the three....PC!

Went to bed at 10 last night, up at 4:30 this morning then back to bed at 7 even after 3 cups of coffee, slept till 9:30.
Bad news: Was up til 2 and woke up at 6AM. could NOT get back to sleep.
Worse news: It's Tuesday and I go in at 8 and will likely not get home until 4:30 or 5 AM.
Goodness. Sleep is often put on hold when you're running a business.:huddle:
Becki!!!!!! So glad to see you!
You're right. The plumbing catastrophes at 3AM are the worst.

Ernie S. how is the non smoking going? I'm thinking about giving it another go (cold turkey) but not til spring so I can keep more busy when I have the urge. THis gives me about 6 months to prepare myself. Cold Turkey sucks. But it is my preferred method although I always fail. Maybe this time I won't.
Still at it, Gracie. I have had a couple in a weak moment, (a very stressful situation last week) but I'm done with patches and except for that slip, cigarette free since 10/4.

Still at it, Gracie. I have had a couple in a weak moment, (a very stressful situation last week) but I'm done with patches and except for that slip, cigarette free since 10/4.

Keep at it, my good man, you will persevere! We are all here helping you fight this battle!

In other words, we got your back, Ernie. :)

Here's the washing machine I put on my Christmas wish list:
View attachment 56897

Who do you use as an agitator?
Grandchildren, when available...otherwise, me. It's lots faster and more efficient than a typical powered washing machine. I even make my own laundry soap:
Ingredients
Directions
Thoroughly stir together for several minutes and enjoy the results! You can take this a step further and blend the mixture in a blender or food processor to create a powder that will dissolve easily even in cold water. (Just be sure to let the dust settle before removing the lid of your blender or food processor so you don’t inhale the fine particles.) Store in a sealed container with a small scoop.

To Use
Use 1 Tbsp per small load (or 2-3 Tbsp for large or heavily soiled loads).

Forum List

Back