USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just got back from the wife getting her boobies squished, about a half hour before we left the "cold" front moved in with high winds creating a nice dust storm.........

Just got back from the wife getting her boobies squished, about a half hour before we left the "cold" front moved in with high winds creating a nice dust storm.........

Sorry, I am not following the sexual references. I was okay until just past boobies.

Mornin' all. A serene morning chez boe, sipping cappuccino and doing three weeks' worth of laundry.

I find doing laundry to be rather cathartic.

(((Boe))) always a treat when you stop in. And hey, if you find doing laundry helpful, I have a lot here just waiting for you. . . I presume you fold and fluff too?

I hate the folding part.

:(

I don't mind the folding part as I usually do that in front of the TV and it gives me something to do as just sitting watching TV and not doing something else too is hard for me. It's the hanging up the stuff right out of the dryer at precisely the right time so it doesn't need any ironing part that I hate the most about laundry day.

I air dry most of the laundry - and use the dryer for linens, towels, undies and socks. The rest I toss into the dryer for a few minutes to de-wrinkle, then I hang on drying racks. Clothes last WAY longer this way.

You are probably right and I live in one of the world's best climates for air drying, but alas, I just can't get motivated to do that. Most of our clothes do last long enough for me to get really really tired of/bored with them though. We do have a few items that need an ironing touch up and the dryer can't seem to get the job done. I thought about getting one of those clothes steamers that you can 'iron' something with while it is hanging on its hanger. But for now I just ordered a new ironing board cover to replace the less-than-practical bedsheet I now have pinned around the ironing board.
Here's the washing machine I put on my Christmas wish list:
hand washer.jpg

Drat it, some idiot has hung out a wind chime tonight, and we are having storms. Someone hung a bamboo one under my bedroom window once and I made them take it down. But this sounds like a glass one and it is further away.But it still makes an annoying tinkling. Well I cannot complain much as that is the extend of how much the storms in Britain are affecting me. I am very lucky as many people in the north are flooded out tonight.
You would not favor being my neighbor. I love wind chimes and have loads of them all around the house; tiny ones to some that are as long as I am tall! I suppose it's fortunate that my nearest neighbor lives almost a mile away?

You would hate being my neighbor. I have a windchime tree. Actually, 2 windchime trees. I collect chimes...hang them in the two trees. And all along the fascia in front of each window. My house is very chimey. :lol:
Another thing we have in common, then! I have chimes in the trees, hanging off the porch, and I am always looking for new, interesting tones.

(((Boe))) always a treat when you stop in. And hey, if you find doing laundry helpful, I have a lot here just waiting for you. . . I presume you fold and fluff too?

I hate the folding part.

I don't mind the folding part as I usually do that in front of the TV and it gives me something to do as just sitting watching TV and not doing something else too is hard for me. It's the hanging up the stuff right out of the dryer at precisely the right time so it doesn't need any ironing part that I hate the most about laundry day.

I air dry most of the laundry - and use the dryer for linens, towels, undies and socks. The rest I toss into the dryer for a few minutes to de-wrinkle, then I hang on drying racks. Clothes last WAY longer this way.

You are probably right and I live in one of the world's best climates for air drying, but alas, I just can't get motivated to do that. Most of our clothes do last long enough for me to get really really tired of/bored with them though. We do have a few items that need an ironing touch up and the dryer can't seem to get the job done. I thought about getting one of those clothes steamers that you can 'iron' something with while it is hanging on its hanger. But for now I just ordered a new ironing board cover to replace the less-than-practical bedsheet I now have pinned around the ironing board.
View attachment 56897
I remember one time when I was little, my granny got a boobie caught in a washing machine wringer. People 5 miles away could hear her screams. Them was the good ol' days.

Hey hey hey....

Stopped by to wish you all a very Merry Christmas......

Mrs O is holding steady, and Colonel just turned 15....

I'm still the Commander of the Local American Legion

And the coffee Shop still rocks.......

So ya'll have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New year.
Merry Christmas to you and yours, too, Ollie!! Glad to know you're still out there and "rockin' out".

I hate the folding part.

View attachment 56897
I remember one time when I was little, my granny got a boobie caught in a washing machine wringer. People 5 miles away could hear her screams. Them was the good ol' days.
So that's where the old saying "tit in a wringer" comes from?

Hey hey hey....

Stopped by to wish you all a very Merry Christmas......

Mrs O is holding steady, and Colonel just turned 15....

I'm still the Commander of the Local American Legion

And the coffee Shop still rocks.......

So ya'll have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New year.
Glad yer back, Ollie!
images

Hey gallantwarrior you better batten down the hatches! And stay safe!

Powerful Alaska storm to rival strongest on record
We didn't see much weather in our area at all. The map in your article indicated that the outer Aleutians and Western Alaska would bear the brunt of that storm. They've been promising blizzards for the past week and all we've gotten is hoar frost and grainy snow. I do try to stay safe, but both State and Municipality have decided that to cut budgets they won't plow roads unless more than 4" of snow fall. That makes driving even more treacherous than usual because that small snowfall gets packed down to glare ice in short order.

Having waded through almost 30 pages of CS, I am glad to be back! I miss visiting with folks here. It was grand to see the return of some of our "lost" CS fellow-denizens, too.
Let's see... it's being a more typical winter here than last year, although it started about two months late. I snagged some super nice, fleece-lined work pants on sale at our new Bass ProShop in town. Gotta love fleece-lined britches when the temps drop to single digits!
A friend of mine bought me a really nice set of cast iron cookware for Christmas. Nothing cooks like cast iron, but I have to get it seasoned properly. I've been shopping for a wood burning cook stove and have settled on a nice Pioneer Maid model small enough to fit my cabin but with enough space to prep a decent meal. The partner is getting a chainsaw lumber mill for Christmas (I figure if he doesn't like it, I will).
Speaking of chainsaws...I was looking at Lowe's offerings but found the selection disappointing. BUT! As I was leaving the store, an item on their clearance rack caught my eye...a Jacuzzi on-demand hot water heater. I've been looking at those for the cabin but have put off getting one because they are pricey. So, I looked this one over. It's new, but not "in the box". So I had the clerk summon the plumbing department supervisor (apparently the only person who could answer my questions) to help decide whether I would want to buy this one. She told me: it could be converted to propane by changing the jet (I know this applies to most natural gas appliances but wasn't sure about Jacuzzi) but I would have to order it online from Jacuzzi; it had been returned because the previous purchaser failed to notice that it was only to be installed outside and would require draining every winter. Someone clever enough could both change the jet and fabricate ducting. So, I ended up buying a water heater originally priced at $600 for $125!!! When I mentioned how happy I am when I can "score" such a buy, she offered me a really nice bathroom cabinet with sink top for $50 (original price: around $250). Sometimes, shopping can be fun!

I hate the folding part.

View attachment 56897

:ack-1:

Drat it, some idiot has hung out a wind chime tonight, and we are having storms. Someone hung a bamboo one under my bedroom window once and I made them take it down. But this sounds like a glass one and it is further away.But it still makes an annoying tinkling. Well I cannot complain much as that is the extend of how much the storms in Britain are affecting me. I am very lucky as many people in the north are flooded out tonight.
You would not favor being my neighbor. I love wind chimes and have loads of them all around the house; tiny ones to some that are as long as I am tall! I suppose it's fortunate that my nearest neighbor lives almost a mile away?

Ha! back to wind chimes. Well I hate them, especially when a neighbour hung a bamboo one directly under my bedroom window. Was I supposed to stay awake listening to that clatter all night? I don't think so. I confronted the neighbour and they took it down. If they had not I would have complained to the council about noise nuisance and had them enforce a court order.

Ha! back to wind chimes. Well I hate them, especially when a neighbour hung a bamboo one directly under my bedroom window. Was I supposed to stay awake listening to that clatter all night? I don't think so. I confronted the neighbour and they took it down. If they had not I would have complained to the council about noise nuisance and had them enforce a court order.
Windchimes are nothing! Imagine buying a house located under the approach/departure runway at a busy airport? Of course, the buyer should have known about the airport before investing in the house, but what the hell...the government will pay to "soundproof" your home, so who cares?

If there is some local ordinance concerning noise, then that's different. You would expect anyone who decides to reside in a certain area or apartment bloc to consider those rules before installing such things. As previously mentioned, my home is located so far away from the neighbors, I would have to set off a nuclear device for them to notice the noise. OK...chainsaws, gunshots, and airplanes are noticed...

If there is some local ordinance concerning noise, then that's different. You would expect anyone who decides to reside in a certain area or apartment bloc to consider those rules before installing such things. As previously mentioned, my home is located so far away from the neighbors, I would have to set off a nuclear device for them to notice the noise. OK...chainsaws, gunshots, and airplanes are noticed...

I live in a block of three flats in a built up area, and there are council rules to protect people from unnecessary noise. For example it is against the law to set off fireworks after 11pm.

Forum List

Back