USMB Coffee Shop IV

Watcha doin'? I have been rapping.

Oh, I mean wrapping.

I can't be done yet, I still have tape!

its been so long since I've been here my avatar is in season again

(((Spoonie)))) So happy to see you. You have been a missed person. Hope all is well with you and yours. Are you spending Christmas at your beach house or the city house or elsewhere?

Well I am up at 4AM again after trying to sleep since 3AM. It seems to be a new pattern with me as I used to sleep the clock round. But I have got to get up at 9AM today to be ready for delivery of a new TV. I have ordered a 9inch portable TV to put next to my computer.Because I spend so much time on the computer I am missing my favourite TV programs. So I thought I would buy myself a small TV as a Christmas present.

Well I am up at 4AM again after trying to sleep since 3AM. It seems to be a new pattern with me as I used to sleep the clock round. But I have got to get up at 9AM today to be ready for delivery of a new TV. I have ordered a 9inch portable TV to put next to my computer.Because I spend so much time on the computer I am missing my favourite TV programs. So I thought I would buy myself a small TV as a Christmas present.

I rated your post as a winner not because you can't sleep--that really does suck and you might want to talk it over with your doctor. But congrats on the new TV. I love to watch TV while doing stuff on the computer or doing other stuff. It seems like such a waste of time just sitting and watching TV.

I have a 32 inch tv about 4 feet to my left. In front of me is my 45" monitor. Recliner by the tv, comfy pc chair in front of the monitor. Best of both worlds. :lol:

I have a 32 inch tv about 4 feet to my left. In front of me is my 45" monitor. Recliner by the tv, comfy pc chair in front of the monitor. Best of both worlds. :lol:

I have a 32 inch 3D TV at the end of my bed. But I can't work my computer from there. Actually I rarely use the 3D function as it is not that good. Wow, 45 inch monitor. Mine is only 19 inches.

I have a 32 inch 3D TV at the end of my bed. But I can't work my computer from there. Actually I rarely use the 3D function as it is not that good. Wow, 45 inch monitor. Mine is only 19 inches.

I think Gracie said she is using a TV as a monitor.

I have a TV in my room, but I don't use it that much. Most shows have websites where you can watch the programs a few days after they broadcast. I have 2 PCs on my desk, I often watch a show on one while I mess around on the other.

28tmy9.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

warm-white-led-tree-xmas.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

And yes...the rest of my room looks like that. Colorful. Very...bohemian/gypsy. Bed is behind me while taking the pic. Yep, more tapestries on the wall, India embroidered with little mirrors bedspread, elephant wooden sconces holding native american vases and urns, end table with Gracies ashes, pic of Gracie and me on top of the container she is in, a huge crystal cluster on the matrix next to it, incense burner, shitloads of more scarves, hanging lamp from morocco, etc etc. I live in this room, so everything I love is stuff in it. :lol:
The room divider on the right of the pc protects me from view when I want my door open to the hallway but roomies still can't see me. Plus, it makes a great sarong/scarf holder. ;)

Good thing I have the master bathroom, which is really two rooms. Sink and lots of space and a window in one...off to the left in a tiny cubbyhole is the shower and toilet. Yes, those look like the pic above with more stuff.

Put it this way....what I don't give two shits about is in the front of the house, which the roomies have access to. Stuff in my room is MINE. Nobody touchie but me. :lol:

Well it's 2 PM and I have been up since 4AM. My 9inch TV just arrived and I have already tuned in all the channels five minutes after unpacking it. It's quite simple to operate. I only ordered it from Amazon on Saturday and it came Monday afternoon. I like it, its cute and it is mains and battery operated, which means I can use it in the kitchen as well as by my computer in the bedroom. So I won't have to miss any TV while I am cooking.

Good morning all. Overcast here at the moment, but that is supposed to soon give way to abundant sunshine. The TV forecast was for sun and dry until well after Christmas. The accuweather forecast says we could get showers the next several days. Who to believe? Oh well. I have long ago given up fretting over those things I cannot control.

Hombre and I finally finished getting the house clean and neat enough for the house cleaners who will arrive in an hour or so. This afternoon I have to go get an ultrasound of my legs to appease my doctor who was concerned about some swelling (that I have had periodically for 30 years.) At the same doctor visit she also took me off the 500mg Naproxen I had been prescribed and almost immediately the swelling went away. Now I can put 2 and 2 together, yes? But no, she still wants me to have the ultrasound so oh well.

Good morning all. Overcast here at the moment, but that is supposed to soon give way to abundant sunshine. The TV forecast was for sun and dry until well after Christmas. The accuweather forecast says we could get showers the next several days. Who to believe? Oh well. I have long ago given up fretting over those things I cannot control.

Hombre and I finally finished getting the house clean and neat enough for the house cleaners who will arrive in an hour or so. This afternoon I have to go get an ultrasound of my legs to appease my doctor who was concerned about some swelling (that I have had periodically for 30 years.) At the same doctor visit she also took me off the 500mg Naproxen I had been prescribed and almost immediately the swelling went away. Now I can put 2 and 2 together, yes? But no, she still wants me to have the ultrasound so oh well.

You have the right as the patient to refuse to have it done if you want to. :)

You have the right as the patient to refuse to have it done if you want to. :)

I know. But it won't hurt me, and I have to pick my battles if I'm going to alienate my primary physician. :)

Forum List

Back