🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

OK, I did a little more work on the little one's Spongebob. I changed how the legs are connected, folding the tops out and then stapling them into the box. It seems a bit more secure now. I also made a second pony out of paper towel and toilet paper rolls, and while it's still pretty sad, it's not the worst pony ever of my first attempt. I took a couple of pics so you can see what I've been talking about.

First with the ponies
PC210113.jpg

And now just Spongebob with better lighting (stupid flash!)
PC210112.jpg

Are those not two of the saddest looking ponies you have ever seen? :lmao: I am not crafty.

You can't see it, but the bottom of Spongebob is a bit torn up from having had to open and close it a couple of times while adjusting the legs. I'm pretty happy with the drawing, I just wish I knew a better way to make his limbs or had better materials for it.

That box on the bottom left of the picture is actually the dogs' bed. The little one and I cut part of one side of a box out and put a pillow inside for them (chihuahuas). I save and use old cardboard things a bit. :p

You immediately see them as ponies which makes them ponies to a little one. And the Sponge Bob is really cute.

I'm not very crafty myself, so they look good to me. :lol:

Got my Christmas Monday! My son-in-law completed the adoption process for Harper. We were all in court to witness it and so were the local TV channels (3). He earned the right to be a dad through thought, word and deed. He bought Harper a necklace with two hearts on it. Opa had a tear or two.

What wonderful news Save!!!!! With all the strikes Harper had against her from birth and all she has had to go though and still has to go through, all that love is going to see her through to a wonderful life.

Hi coffee shoppers! :) Haven't had a lot of time to be online lately because of work and social obligations. If I don't talk to you all before Christmas, I wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

859629706_1263856.gif

And to you too, Chris. I suspect several of us will not have as much time here as Christmas closes in, but in response to Peach's post, yes, we are ready. I still need to do a quick wrap on Hombre's gifts but that won't take any time at all. Otherwise it's all done and it is what it is except for what I now choose to do and I will only choose to do what I really enjoy doing. That will include a bit of baking. And I'm trying to come up with some meat and veggie dishes for a Christmas guest who is allergic to EVERYTHING, but that is a labor of love.

And I hope everybody can now just kick back and enjoy.

Hi coffee shoppers! :) Haven't had a lot of time to be online lately because of work and social obligations. If I don't talk to you all before Christmas, I wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

859629706_1263856.gif

And to you too, Chris. I suspect several of us will not have as much time here as Christmas closes in, but in response to Peach's post, yes, we are ready. I still need to do a quick wrap on Hombre's gifts but that won't take any time at all. Otherwise it's all done and it is what it is except for what I now choose to do and I will only choose to do what I really enjoy doing. That will include a bit of baking. And I'm trying to come up with some meat and veggie dishes for a Christmas guest who is allergic to EVERYTHING, but that is a labor of love.

I am going to my mother's where we will have an Italian meal on Christmas Eve and then Christmas dinner at my auntie's house. :)

859629706_1263856.gif

I am going to my mother's where we will have an Italian meal on Christmas Eve and then Christmas dinner at my auntie's house. :)

I have a lot of Italians and Hispanics in my family so holiday meals are often ethnic cuisine and not what you would exactly call American traditional. But it's all good.

859629706_1263856.gif

I have a lot of Italians and Hispanics in my family so holiday meals are often ethnic cuisine and not what you would exactly call American traditional. But it's all good.

My mom is Polish and Irish. She just likes Italian food. I do have Italian, though it's on my dad's side of the family. :)

I look at that picture and think, "Damn dog! Can't leave anything out!". :p Our dogs annoy me, particularly the puppy, getting into things they shouldn't. Too bad I have to do most of the taking care of them. :lol:
That's why we have cats....... :eusa_whistle:

Don't leave a steak unattended. ;) They will steal it and gobble it up and then growl at you if you try to take it from them. Lol.
Sounds like me....... :eusa_whistle:

I look at that picture and think, "Damn dog! Can't leave anything out!". :p Our dogs annoy me, particularly the puppy, getting into things they shouldn't. Too bad I have to do most of the taking care of them. :lol:

Don't leave a steak unattended. ;) They will steal it and gobble it up and then growl at you if you try to take it from them. Lol.

It hardly seems like you posting without the Captain Jack Sparrow avi. :lol:

I had Doc Holiday before, a long time ago. Also had Marvin the Martian and Bugs Bunny for a while.

I just finished baking and packing up the dinner rolls for Christmas - yay! My first project in our new oven - and they turned out poifeckly!

(This is why I miss our dear Syrenn - she always appreciated a good baking project.)

I had Doc Holiday before, a long time ago. Also had Marvin the Martian and Bugs Bunny for a while.
Yer always gonna be Jack Sparrow to me. I miss him already. :(

Just be glad I didn't do Ink........

ink-movie-still-3.jpg

The first official day of my vacation dawned bleak and rainy. No walk in the park for Daisy. I did finish the paint job on walls and ceiling, but the trim will have to wait until tonight.

My appointment with the optometrist revealed that I have developing cataracts. I thought time was up and I was going blind. Driving at night has been a white knuckle affair. The doctor told me cataracts are starting in my left eye, but there is one growing in th right eye as well. They are still too small to laser them out today, but he assured me that by next October I will be under the knife, or beam as it were.

Late next month I will celebrate my 59th birthday. I called Mom and told her that I feel like a 1967 Dodge Dart trying to pull the steepest hill in town. "I got smoke coming out of my tailpipe, all the pumps are knocking and I've got parts falling off!"

Mom,asked why I don't get my car fixed.

"It's an analogy, Mom!" I explained.

"Well, don't do that to me. Just give me the straight story." she said.

Okay. Cataracts run in the family, but do I have a loss of nuance and humor to look forward to now as well?

Cataract surgery is a true medical miracle with 99% of people experiencing no serious issues with it and almost all experiencing much improved vision. And yeah, Mom sort of missed an opportunity to enjoy the humor there. :)
The challenge is getting on with the new prescription and how long that will work well. When I sat in the optometrist's chair and he projected the eye chart on the wall (I calculated it to be about fifteen feet away by counting the ceiling tiles) I couldn't see it until he flipped to the largest letters. " Ah!" I said "There are three horizontal lines!"

"That's an 'E", he said.

I've gone Full Magoo.

I love the Captain Jack Sparrow avie too--it was the one Ringel was wearing when I first 'met' him here, and it so seemed to fit his on-line personality. But change is good. I get tired of the same old avie after awhile too and I bet Jack Sparrow will be back one of these days. :)

I just finished baking and packing up the dinner rolls for Christmas - yay! My first project in our new oven - and they turned out poifeckly!

(This is why I miss our dear Syrenn - she always appreciated a good baking project.)

Well congratulations. I think I posted here. . .or maybe it was just on Facebook. . .that I found an old hot roll mix in the pantry and decided to make some hot rolls for dinner that night. But they came out much more biscuit like. Hombre liked them though and I fessed up that they weren't really good biscuits but rather were really crappy rolls. Well tonight I found a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls in the back of the fridge and, thought hey were 45 days out of date-thought I would risk it. And yep. They tasted just like biscuits. But they tasted pretty good.

Forum List

Back