🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

I finally got two hours sleep after my TV was delivered, then I set it up next to my computer, and now I am watching a re run of 'happy days'. while web surfing on twitter.

Raining outside, kinda nippy but nothing I can't live with. I think today will be movie day if it continues to rain. Which also means no beach for the dogs. I'll have to find another way to entertain them I guess.

The first official day of my vacation dawned bleak and rainy. No walk in the park for Daisy. I did finish the paint job on walls and ceiling, but the trim will have to wait until tonight.

My appointment with the optometrist revealed that I have developing cataracts. I thought time was up and I was going blind. Driving at night has been a white knuckle affair. The doctor told me cataracts are starting in my left eye, but there is one growing in th right eye as well. They are still too small to laser them out today, but he assured me that by next October I will be under the knife, or beam as it were.

Late next month I will celebrate my 59th birthday. I called Mom and told her that I feel like a 1967 Dodge Dart trying to pull the steepest hill in town. "I got smoke coming out of my tailpipe, all the pumps are knocking and I've got parts falling off!"

Mom,asked why I don't get my car fixed.

"It's an analogy, Mom!" I explained.

"Well, don't do that to me. Just give me the straight story." she said.

Okay. Cataracts run in the family, but do I have a loss of nuance and humor to look forward to now as well?

Ugh, horrible misjudgement!

So I've been planning on using wood stainer on the neighbors' playset for a while, but I've been putting it off hoping to do it while they aren't home as a Christmas surprise. Well, today they were out, so off I went. I started a bit after 4, by 5:30 it was getting dark and I was nowhere close to done. Oh well, I'll hope they don't notice and finish it tomorrow if I can, right?

Well, as I'm getting my stuff together to leave......it starts to rain. :mad:

Apparently I should have looked at the weather, it's supposed to be rainy for the next 3 days. Not only can I not finish, I don't know if it's going to mess up what I already did. I'm going to have to go over tomorrow and let them know why the playset looks less than half painted. :p

The first official day of my vacation dawned bleak and rainy. No walk in the park for Daisy. I did finish the paint job on walls and ceiling, but the trim will have to wait until tonight.

My appointment with the optometrist revealed that I have developing cataracts. I thought time was up and I was going blind. Driving at night has been a white knuckle affair. The doctor told me cataracts are starting in my left eye, but there is one growing in th right eye as well. They are still too small to laser them out today, but he assured me that by next October I will be under the knife, or beam as it were.

Late next month I will celebrate my 59th birthday. I called Mom and told her that I feel like a 1967 Dodge Dart trying to pull the steepest hill in town. "I got smoke coming out of my tailpipe, all the pumps are knocking and I've got parts falling off!"

Okay. Cataracts run in the family, but do I have a loss of nuance and humor to look forward to now as well?

Hah! I think loss of nuance and humor may be in store for us all at some point. :lol:

OK, I did a little more work on the little one's Spongebob. I changed how the legs are connected, folding the tops out and then stapling them into the box. It seems a bit more secure now. I also made a second pony out of paper towel and toilet paper rolls, and while it's still pretty sad, it's not the worst pony ever of my first attempt. I took a couple of pics so you can see what I've been talking about.

First with the ponies
PC210113.jpg

And now just Spongebob with better lighting (stupid flash!)
PC210112.jpg

Are those not two of the saddest looking ponies you have ever seen? :lmao: I am not crafty.

You can't see it, but the bottom of Spongebob is a bit torn up from having had to open and close it a couple of times while adjusting the legs. I'm pretty happy with the drawing, I just wish I knew a better way to make his limbs or had better materials for it.

That box on the bottom left of the picture is actually the dogs' bed. The little one and I cut part of one side of a box out and put a pillow inside for them (chihuahuas). I save and use old cardboard things a bit. :p

Pity ole BBD isn't frequenting the CS anymore, as I haven't myself really, or Spoon, because I just ordered a Canon 7D MkII DSLR, and I know those guys know what that is. I'd love to hear BBD's take on it. I finally popped on a nicer camera.

(Hint, hint.. if either of you guys show up.)

OK, I did a little more work on the little one's Spongebob. I changed how the legs are connected, folding the tops out and then stapling them into the box. It seems a bit more secure now. I also made a second pony out of paper towel and toilet paper rolls, and while it's still pretty sad, it's not the worst pony ever of my first attempt. I took a couple of pics so you can see what I've been talking about.

First with the ponies
PC210113.jpg

And now just Spongebob with better lighting (stupid flash!)
PC210112.jpg

Are those not two of the saddest looking ponies you have ever seen? :lmao: I am not crafty.

You can't see it, but the bottom of Spongebob is a bit torn up from having had to open and close it a couple of times while adjusting the legs. I'm pretty happy with the drawing, I just wish I knew a better way to make his limbs or had better materials for it.

That box on the bottom left of the picture is actually the dogs' bed. The little one and I cut part of one side of a box out and put a pillow inside for them (chihuahuas). I save and use old cardboard things a bit. :p

You immediately see them as ponies which makes them ponies to a little one. And the Sponge Bob is really cute.

Cataract surgery is a true medical miracle with 99% of people experiencing no serious issues with it and almost all experiencing much improved vision. And yeah, Mom sort of missed an opportunity to enjoy the humor there. :)

Pity ole BBD isn't frequenting the CS anymore, as I haven't myself really, or Spoon, because I just ordered a Canon 7D MkII DSLR, and I know those guys know what that is. I'd love to hear BBD's take on it. I finally popped on a nicer camera.

(Hint, hint.. if either of you guys show up.)

Welcome back. Spoonie was here just yesterday and BBD pops in for a visit now and then. I, like you, wish they would come around more often but you're one to talk.

Got my Christmas Monday! My son-in-law completed the adoption process for Harper. We were all in court to witness it and so were the local TV channels (3). He earned the right to be a dad through thought, word and deed. He bought Harper a necklace with two hearts on it. Opa had a tear or two.

Got my Christmas Monday! My son-in-law completed the adoption process for Harper. We were all in court to witness it and so were the local TV channels (3). He earned the right to be a dad through thought, word and deed. He bought Harper a necklace with two hearts on it. Opa had a tear or two.

Ah!!!
What Great News.
What a wonderful Christmas for you this year.

Forum List

Back