🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just finished baking and packing up the dinner rolls for Christmas - yay! My first project in our new oven - and they turned out poifeckly!

(This is why I miss our dear Syrenn - she always appreciated a good baking project.)

Well congratulations. I think I posted here. . .or maybe it was just on Facebook. . .that I found an old hot roll mix in the pantry and decided to make some hot rolls for dinner that night. But they came out much more biscuit like. Hombre liked them though and I fessed up that they weren't really good biscuits but rather were really crappy rolls. Well tonight I found a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls in the back of the fridge and, thought hey were 45 days out of date-thought I would risk it. And yep. They tasted just like biscuits. But they tasted pretty good.

I love baking, but I'm not a big fan of working with dough. :D I usually buy already made dough. I hate having to roll out dough too. I just don't like working it with it for some reason. Lol.

One of my all time favorite artists/entertainers/celebrities:

1497606_1093974547302201_7366321710528289061_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

christmas-light-up-awesome-beauty-blue-amazing-decoration.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.​

Up at six AM, but I am not complaining as I have had six hours sleep and some interesting dreams. I dreamed I went back to a house I lived in as a boy and there was a factory there. Why I should dream that I don't know. But I am not going back there to find out if its true.
Listening to the news I hear there is flooding in the north of England again. It seems global warming is causing heavy rainstorms in Britain.

Well, getting up early has its benefits. I have already been to the town and got my Christmas food, and I was back home by 11 AM. I heard on the news this morning that this was predicted to be the most busy shopping day in supermarkets, and the predicted peak period would be between 11 AM and 1 PM. So I missed that and got mine early.

I just finished baking and packing up the dinner rolls for Christmas - yay! My first project in our new oven - and they turned out poifeckly!

(This is why I miss our dear Syrenn - she always appreciated a good baking project.)

Well congratulations. I think I posted here. . .or maybe it was just on Facebook. . .that I found an old hot roll mix in the pantry and decided to make some hot rolls for dinner that night. But they came out much more biscuit like. Hombre liked them though and I fessed up that they weren't really good biscuits but rather were really crappy rolls. Well tonight I found a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls in the back of the fridge and, thought hey were 45 days out of date-thought I would risk it. And yep. They tasted just like biscuits. But they tasted pretty good.

I enjoy making quick breads, too (biscuits, cornbread) - and mr. boe loves to eat them!

But slow food yeast bread is my favorite. The gluten develops more structure and the flavor is better, imo. Now that we're organized again, I'm going to revive my sourdough starter again. I need to test the oven with Real Bread.

I love baking, but I'm not a big fan of working with dough. :D I usually buy already made dough. I hate having to roll out dough too. I just don't like working it with it for some reason. Lol.

Oh, it is so easy and so much better to make your own. I cheat a bit by using my KitchenAid Mixer with a dough hook. Another benefit is not crappy additives in the dough.

I enjoy making quick breads, too (biscuits, cornbread) - and mr. boe loves to eat them!

But slow food yeast bread is my favorite. The gluten develops more structure and the flavor is better, imo. Now that we're organized again, I'm going to revive my sourdough starter again. I need to test the oven with Real Bread.

Red Lobster biscuits or sourdough breads, yum.

I've never had Red Lobster biscuits, but I bet my homemade buttermilk biscuits would smack 'em down in a cage match.

I've never had Red Lobster biscuits, but I bet my homemade buttermilk biscuits would smack 'em down in a cage match.

There is cheese and garlic butter.

We don't even have Red Lobster around here. We have REAL seafood restaurants here on the east coast. ;)

Cheese and garlic butter are not unique to only Red Lobster, bub.

I love to bake bread from scratch too and I hand knead it though that has been difficult to do with my ailing shoulder. But as that gets better I'll return to making bread from scratch. By no additives in the flour, does that mean barley free flour? Does that affect the texture? I've been told it does though I haven't done any experiments to test it.

Forum List

Back