USMB Coffee Shop IV

13077020_1128083037214770_4926714412665826666_n.jpg

Are there any other Spotify listeners in the ole CS?

Okay, classic rock? Blue grass? Blues? Country? Pop? What?
Oh... I love the Americana... ole spot plays better music than siriusxm or the dishcd. I don't know how they dig it up but holy cow they do a good job.

Oh, its a radio program? Not a group? I haven't heard about it.
It's actually internet streaming music... Music for everyone.

The cool thing about it is, you can search any artist or album and listen to it, add it to your music or play list, etc, I love it.

Last edited:
I grow herbs every year outside in pots.

Edit: No not that kind of herb!

I love growing fresh herbs. It's so nice to be able to go out back and just pick them, convenient too! :)

I rarely use all called for in a lot of recipes but there are a few that are absolutely necessary. Which do you grow?

I like to grow thyme (or rosemary - they taste similar to me), basil, sage, parsley. :) I did it a couple of summers ago. I'm thinking about doing it again this summer.
No 'see-lan-troe'... ?

I love growing fresh herbs. It's so nice to be able to go out back and just pick them, convenient too! :)

I rarely use all called for in a lot of recipes but there are a few that are absolutely necessary. Which do you grow?

I like to grow thyme (or rosemary - they taste similar to me), basil, sage, parsley. :) I did it a couple of summers ago. I'm thinking about doing it again this summer.
No 'see-lan-troe'... ?

Yes actually, forgot that one. Can't make salsa and pico de gallo without it!

No 'see-lan-troe'... ?

Nope!

No 'see-lan-troe'... ?

It doesn't really have much flavor to me, so I don't use it often.

No 'see-lan-troe'... ?

Salsa without cilantro is like marinara without basil or thyme. It is flat without it.

No 'see-lan-troe'... ?

Salsa without cilantro is like marinara without basil or thyme. It is flat without it.

I don't think it really has all that much of a taste, at least to me. Maybe you're right. I've never made salsa.

First Mobile Chicken Coop of the year complete:

13139184_1220840067946305_241169855170111687_n.jpg

6'Lx4'Wx3.5'H, loaded with 6 Americana chicks. They will start laying blue eggs next spring.

At ~90lbs, this wooden/metal coop is not nearly as light as I would like it to be, especially for its small size. When I build the grand coop for the 48 Americanas I plan to get, I will build the frame of the future 10'x30'x5' out of 1" PVC pipe.

Every day, we simply move the coop one length of itself over, so there's fresh grass, fresh bugs, and no chicken poop on the ground. This is how you make organic egg layers that will also be fat enough to eat. NO FEEDING COSTS, EVER! :)

And for those curious, this was made out of 100% scrap wood and tin. All I had to buy was a small roll of chicken wire. It's incredibly easy, and the ROI is fast.

13083353_1220840051279640_4305800871308864492_n.jpg

I have about a dozen free-range chickens that do all the bug eating in my yard for me. Their efficiency becomes very apparent when you go across the driveway to the lot my friends are renting from me, which is full of ticks.

We put the coop in their backyard to help with the problem until they finish getting their yard fenced off and some chickens of their own.

When I build the grand coop, it will go out in the pasture where the sheep graze. Hopefully, they'll no longer have to depend on the chickens hopping on their backs to pick off ticks (which IS highly entertaining, though).

Happy Saturday, folks.

No 'see-lan-troe'... ?

And I'm one of those weird people who just prefers most recipes without it.

6'Lx4'Wx3.5'H, loaded with 6 Americana chicks. They will start laying blue eggs next spring.

At ~90lbs, this wooden/metal coop is not nearly as light as I would like it to be, especially for its small size. When I build the grand coop for the 48 Americanas I plan to get, I will build the frame of the future 10'x30'x5' out of 1" PVC pipe.

Every day, we simply move the coop one length of itself over, so there's fresh grass, fresh bugs, and no chicken poop on the ground. This is how you make organic egg layers that will also be fat enough to eat. NO FEEDING COSTS, EVER! :)

And for those curious, this was made out of 100% scrap wood and tin. All I had to buy was a small roll of chicken wire. It's incredibly easy, and the ROI is fast.

I have about a dozen free-range chickens that do all the bug eating in my yard for me. Their efficiency becomes very apparent when you go across the driveway to the lot my friends are renting from me, which is full of ticks.

We put the coop in their backyard to help with the problem until they finish getting their yard fenced off and some chickens of their own.

When I build the grand coop, it will go out in the pasture where the sheep graze. Hopefully, they'll no longer have to depend on the chickens hopping on their backs to pick off ticks (which IS highly entertaining, though).

Happy Saturday, folks.

I grew up with chickens and have farmer friends and relatives that make sure I've never really gotten out of touch with these interesting birds, and I never knew that they went after the ticks. Very interesting.

Happy Saturday, folks.

I grew up with chickens and have farmer friends and relatives that make sure I've never really gotten out of touch with these interesting birds, and I never knew that they went after the ticks. Very interesting.

They're not as efficient as ginnea fowl, but they'll certainly get the job done! :)

What does a landscaper do on a rainy day in the Spring?

Open up and repair irrigation systems. I am going to get wet anyways.

Forum List

Back