USMB Coffee Shop IV

In southern Indiana we really get the crappy side of seasons on both sides.
Even though we are far north of the Gulf, it is the main driver of the weather here. So in the summer it is plenty humid. Nothing to be 90 degrees with a dewpoint 70 or above. It's like hot soup.
Winters are wildly all over the place here. We will often get a 70 degree day in December...but within 24 hrs it could be in the teens with freezing rain.
The best time here is the fall, but it is painfully brief. We have legendary fall weather here, with people visiting parks here from all over the U.S. In September we can have low humidity, breezy 70 degree days down in the 50's at night for the entire month and into October. So we may only get 30-40 really nice weather days a year. :(
When I retire, I am absolutely moving elsewhere...just not sure where.

What you describe is very similar to Kansas. We moved from there 30+ years ago. We still miss it, and I bet you'll miss Indiana too if you leave.

Even though we are far north of the Gulf, it is the main driver of the weather here. So in the summer it is plenty humid. Nothing to be 90 degrees with a dewpoint 70 or above. It's like hot soup.
Winters are wildly all over the place here. We will often get a 70 degree day in December...but within 24 hrs it could be in the teens with freezing rain.
The best time here is the fall, but it is painfully brief. We have legendary fall weather here, with people visiting parks here from all over the U.S. In September we can have low humidity, breezy 70 degree days down in the 50's at night for the entire month and into October. So we may only get 30-40 really nice weather days a year. :(

What you describe is very similar to Kansas. We moved from there 30+ years ago. We still miss it, and I bet you'll miss Indiana too if you leave.

Bet you don't miss the severe weather? Although we are not in tornado alley, we get dozens a year here.
And plenty of severe storms...it is quite funny to be around people who moved here from somewhere with little threat of tornadoes...deer in headlights their whole first summer!

Bet you don't miss the severe weather? Although we are not in tornado alley, we get dozens a year here.
And plenty of severe storms...it is quite funny to be around people who moved here from somewhere with little threat of tornadoes...deer in headlights their whole first summer!

Well I was born and grew up in Tornado Alley and have lived in it most of my life. But yes, little threat of any kind of severe weather here--tornadoes are very rare and very weak compared to those further east, no severe flooding, no extreme heat or cold, little fire danger, no earthquakes, active volcanoes, hurricanes, or unusually large hail, etc. We have some major league lightning storms but always short lived. In other words, the weather is rather boring here. Do I miss staying up at night because we're in a severe thunderstorm or tornado warning area? No. But there was an adrenalin rush to all that.

They just took us off a high wind watch and put us under a dangerous high wind storm warning--probably winds two ranks above gale storm making it full blown storm warning--we'll see in excess of 50-60 mph winds and possibly hurricane force. Not looking forward to that at all. I also feel bad for the big Powwow--gathering of nations of all the Native American tribes from all over the country who are meeting in Albuquerque today. You can't get a hotel or motel room for many miles around here this weekend. It is great fun.

View attachment 73459
View attachment 73460
Oh, I wish I coulda been there!!!

Need a break from the inane idiocy permeating the rest of the board. Had my pot of coffee, doesn't feel like it made much of a difference......
Drove up to T or C yesterday mostly just for the drive, when we left the southern most edge of the clouds FF is getting started to move in, enjoying the cooler weather though. Cool, sunny and breezy down here, Sunday is laundry day so that's been started.

I HAVE been posting less...

My hands and feet are prunes! I have two irrigation systems up and running correctly to show for it.

Just made a chicken, broccoli and pineapple skillet dinner. It was goooood...... :D

pineapple-chicken-skillet_chad-elick-ftr.jpg

They just took us off a high wind watch and put us under a dangerous high wind storm warning--probably winds two ranks above gale storm making it full blown storm warning--we'll see in excess of 50-60 mph winds and possibly hurricane force. Not looking forward to that at all. I also feel bad for the big Powwow--gathering of nations of all the Native American tribes from all over the country who are meeting in Albuquerque today. You can't get a hotel or motel room for many miles around here this weekend. It is great fun.

View attachment 73459
View attachment 73460

The windstorm? Or the Powwow? :)

View attachment 73459
View attachment 73460

PowWow!!

View attachment 73459
View attachment 73460

PowWow!!

Non Native Americans do go just for the pure excitement of it all so you would have been welcome. It is Albuquerque's second largest event with only the Balloon Fiesta attracting more people. The C of C estimates the Powwow brings about $20 million into the community.

Forum List

Back