USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just made a chicken, broccoli and pineapple skillet dinner. It was goooood...... :D

pineapple-chicken-skillet_chad-elick-ftr.jpg

I would pay good money for that in a fine restaurant for sure.

Monday....already at the desk...Monday's :doubt:

The last several years of my working career we were running our own business so every day was a working day. We welcomed Mondays because we were somewhat constrained over the weekend when others were not available, but on Monday everybody was back at their desks and we could reach them. But in retirement Monday is just a good TV night for us. :)

Getting ready to start cooking for my Uncle Ed's 89th birthday party tonight. And will bake a big box of his favorite peanut butter cookies for his present.

I have a room full of books, most of which I have not read. But there is nothing on TV today so I just read the last three chapters of ' brave new world' by Aldous Huxley. Now I am going to make a start on, 'The Satanic verses' by Salman Rushdie.

That is light reading by my standards as I have a fair sized collection of philosophy books.

Just made a chicken, broccoli and pineapple skillet dinner. It was goooood...... :D

It's a simple dish but I did doctor it a little. When I taste tested it it was somewhat bitter, ended up adding about a tsp of brown sugar to it, that made all the difference. :thup:

It has pineapple and you thought it was too bitter? Ugh, I'd like it with the pineapple or sugar. :D

On our daily walk yesterday, Daisy the Mutt and I came upon a music recital in the park. Perhaps as many as 90 Grandmothers and Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles and anxious parents sat at the amphitheater to listen to their wee bairn scratch out a tune on the violin, blow unceremoniously into a trombone, finger a piano keyboard and strum a guitar.

I could recognize most of the tunes they played. One little girl (my heart really went out for her) sat at a piano and watched her sheet music blow away in the may breeze. Her teacher fetched it for her and placed it back on the music stand, only to watch the first page tumble away along with other detritus on the stage. The little girl's eyes welled up in tears and she did her level best to tap out her recital piece (When the Saints go Marching In).

We walked on to watch a tennis match and a disc golf game. Daisy saw two squirrels and her decision on which one to chase drove her apoplectic for a while. They both safely got up in trees before Daisy decided to chase the one farther away.

We walked on to hear the recital program in full swing. A boy was playing scales on the violin and received a hearty round of applause. Another boy took to the keyboard to offer up his version of the Lionel Ritchie tune "Faithfully". Daisy stopped to scratch and beg for a treat. She also drew applause as she rolled over and then sat up to beg.

Hey Look! They opened the water fountain for the season! Birds gathered to blow some of the dust off themselves and a small boy tended his toy boat in the pool.

I came home to Pimplebutt and mowed the lawn. My neighbors have a Black Labrador retriever who left me things to consider as the mower passed over them. I was lucky because just as the mower was stowed, it began to rain. And it rained the rest of the day and into this morning.

Only sixteen drops left to go in my right eye before the post surgery treatments come to an end. One drop, applied twice daily, seems to be made from grapefruit juice. I know if that one hit the mark.

A week from Thursday I go back to be fitted with spectacles for reading and distance in the right eye. I'm using my current frames as the bills for the procedures and anesthesiologist are coming with the regularity of a blizzard in February. Anything to save a buck or two or three hundred counts!

It's a simple dish but I did doctor it a little. When I taste tested it it was somewhat bitter, ended up adding about a tsp of brown sugar to it, that made all the difference. :thup:

It has pineapple and you thought it was too bitter? Ugh, I'd like it with the pineapple or sugar. :D
Normally it would be fine but with the other ingredients it made it a little sour. A similar recipe called for 1/4 cup packed brown sugar I only added 1 tsp.

I have a room full of books, most of which I have not read. But there is nothing on TV today so I just read the last three chapters of ' brave new world' by Aldous Huxley. Now I am going to make a start on, 'The Satanic verses' by Salman Rushdie.

That is light reading by my standards as I have a fair sized collection of philosophy books.

One of my irrigation customers has a whole wall of bookshelves that remind me of a Frank Lloyd Wright style library. Really neat.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Nosmo's eye surgery,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
Peach and her family for comfort,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

upload_2016-5-2_22-28-4.png

Forum List

Back