USMB Coffee Shop IV

Lack of workplace stress, whether as a student or in the military or as an employer or employee, has been one of the greatest revitalizers in my life. I am happier and more healthy since retirement

What was the most stressful job for you?

For me, it was school board president.

Lack of workplace stress, whether as a student or in the military or as an employer or employee, has been one of the greatest revitalizers in my life. I am happier and more healthy since retirement

I have worked outside of my comfort zone on many occasions and found it rewarding to learn new things and find innovative ways to handle difficult situations. What stresses me out is dealing with incompetent people in positions of authority (not necessarily over me either.) They become impediments to progress, teamwork, discipline, communications, relationships with colleagues, clients, etc. They can bring an organization to it's knees in short order unless they are dealt with appropriately. Having to work with them on a daily basis can be seriously stressful.

Officer shooting of a dog last week.

He is an honorable veteran, a hero of the Trolley Massacre incident, and acted incorrectly, in my opinion, in this case.

I told the chief on Thursday a week's suspension and a detail of four weeks at the animal shelter may knock acsome thoughtfulness into the officer.

Last edited:
This past week has been so stressful that I woke up with a migraine! :(

So instead of coffee I took 2 Excedrin and drank a Coke. Usually that does the trick but I can still feel it. If it persists I am going to cancel the rest of my meetings and lie down instead.

This is one of those days when the Diem is Carping me instead! :D

Hope you all have a great Friday.

I had the most intensely stressful day on Thursday. my head felt like a block of cement. I'm still recovering from it. its amazing how a body can totally lock and tense up

Yup, tell me about it. I reached mental overload this week. At least you are now on vacation and can just let it all go! I went swimming this morning and worked it out physically. Now I am just laid back and letting the day unfurl as it will. Not even going to run any errands.

I'm glad you're over your headache, Deri....hope you continue to feel good....:)

Thank you, Jake.

That reminds me that I was going to post about Able Seaman Just Nuisance. Foxy's story about the bulldog inducted into the Marines reminded me about it.

b2b4f86ca3f40aaaae5071785613cb13_d93x_5uhj.png

Just+Nuisance+-+Certificate+of+Service.JPG

Just_Nuisance_with_sailors_AWM_P08459.001.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPNX_0R264M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPNX_0R264M[/ame]

My father was stationed at SimonsTown for a part of WW2 and actually met him. There is on clip in the video where I am pretty certain that is my father with him.

I can appreciate that. I have often wondered HOW they hold it together, especially in today's world where they have little authority.

My most stressful job was being in real estate. My least stressful jobs were those I loved doing while having autonomy, while requiring a great deal of hard work and time commitment.

Thank you, Jake.

That reminds me that I was going to post about Able Seaman Just Nuisance. Foxy's story about the bulldog inducted into the Marines reminded me about it.

b2b4f86ca3f40aaaae5071785613cb13_d93x_5uhj.png

Just+Nuisance+-+Certificate+of+Service.JPG

Just_Nuisance_with_sailors_AWM_P08459.001.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPNX_0R264M

My father was stationed at SimonsTown for a part of WW2 and actually met him. There is on clip in the video where I am pretty certain that is my father with him.

Great photos. Totally cool.

That was one HUGE dog.

:)

Yeah, it's no fun working a stressful job. Believe it or not my most stressful job was a job I had as a child. I was a paperboy, and at times they'd bring me the papers too late for me to deliver them before school. I had to deliver them after school. It wasn't my fault that the customers got their morning paper in the afternoon, but they didn't care, they still got upset at me. I didn't last two years, I finally quit. I also didn't like waking up so early.

What the fuck is wrong with these people??:eek:

THE SLAP - YouTube
They are not playing with a full deck, that's for sure.

I never hit my daughter as punishment but one time, she was playing around and broke a lamp. She was around 8 and I just slapped her in the arm in a fit of temper. She laughed at me just like these idiots are laughing. I felt stupid doing it too.

Good morning everybody. Hope all are having a great weekend. I am not but it is by choice and soon life will be good again. (I'm having to do cleaning ahead of having a cleaning service come in a really scour out the place on Monday.)

But all is well and all things considered, life is good. More coffee. . .

Again there might be arguments about the actual year, but I'm going with the History.com date. On this day in History in 1884, Congress declared Labor Day to be a legal holiday.

An official Labor Day had been promoted by the Central Labor Union and the Knights of Labor who organized the first Labor Day parade in New York City. Back then it was celebrated on May Day, May 1. But after the Haymarket Massacre in Chicago on May 4, 1886, U.S. President Grover Cleveland thought celebrating Labor Day in early May would always focus on that event. So the official national holiday was moved to September and, during the time that Congress was trying to arrange long weekends for us, settled it in on the first Monday in September.

Most of us don't really celebrate or even think about labor at that time. We all know it's the last long weekend of summer and we try to use it well. And the really important thing is that is when the new NFL and College football seasons kick off.

Forum List

Back