USMB Coffee Shop IV

Gotta tell this story from yesterday and today.

In late October, 2011, I had a pretty serious foot/ankle injury on the job and did the splint-thing for a week. It healed amazingly fast, so I am still thankful to this day for that.

But ever since then, my foot "tells" me when a storm is coming. It starts to hurt pretty badly about an hour before a storm hits.

So, Friday, as I was bringing my little one home to my place for the weekend, as we left her school (in the community where she and her mother live), my foot started hurting pretty damned bad. Now, there were some clouds in the sky, but not that many. So, in the tram on the way to get some ice cream at little Miss Statalina's favorite cafe where I live, I told her I thought it was going to storm really hard, let's stop at a DM Mart and buy some new umbrellas.

She looked at me like I was :cuckoo: - but I told her we were going to buy those umbrellas. 45 minutes later, we were shopping at D Mart just about a minute's walk away from said cafe, bought the umbellas and went outside - and it started to pour like crazy, almost on cue.

At that cafe, she then asked me how I knew, and I explained the whole thing with the injury and my now-weather-vane foot. Her eyes widened with a little bit of amazement.

So today, before we went out the door to go do stuff, I see my daughter looking at my foot, studying it....

:lol:

Ahh, these are the moments...

Some years ago, when I was hired at the local Nuclear Power Plant as an armed guard, I had to have a session with a head shrinker. We chatted for a spell and then he said he wanted to show me some ink blots and when I saw them to say the first thing that came to my mind. He opened his book and we began. When he showed me the first blot, I said "Looks like oral sex." He turned the second page and showed me another. I said, "Looks like the missionary position." He looked at me sort of funny and turned the page showing me another blot. I laughed and said, "Anal sex." He was pretty frustrated and asked "Is sex all you ever think about?" I said, "Don't get upset with me! They're your photos."

What the fuck is wrong with these people??:eek:

THE SLAP - YouTube
They are not playing with a full deck, that's for sure.

I never hit my daughter as punishment but one time, she was playing around and broke a lamp. She was around 8 and I just slapped her in the arm in a fit of temper. She laughed at me just like these idiots are laughing. I felt stupid doing it too.
When I was a kid I recall that some of my friends folks would occassionally spank them. For instance one time we were playing baseball and my best friend broke a window. His father used a paddle on his rear and told him ... "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you". lol ... I'll bet it didn't ...

Y'all have heard of Hobbes' exploits in trees here -- no he hasn't gone up another one but yesterday I'm a-settin' on mah porch looking at the gum tree (which is about 15-20 feet tall)... Hobbes climbs halfway up, he's higher than my head.... then he looks around, gets this feline adrenaline rush that we all know the look of, and spirals his way back down the trunk to the ground.

I think he's training for the next event :eek: But at least he'll be more prepared. :thup:

Came home to find these critters having a feast in my front yard....there was a baby, but I couldn't get him to be still so I could take his pic.

20140627_200414_zps8b163fa0.jpg

oooh, bad form Mertex, you should have cropped the photo. Now we all know what the top of your arm looks like.

I didn't picture you as a striper... :eusa_shifty:

I never hit my daughter as punishment but one time, she was playing around and broke a lamp. She was around 8 and I just slapped her in the arm in a fit of temper. She laughed at me just like these idiots are laughing. I felt stupid doing it too.
When I was a kid I recall that some of my friends folks would occassionally spank them. For instance one time we were playing baseball and my best friend broke a window. His father used a paddle on his rear and told him ... "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you". lol ... I'll bet it didn't ...

When my son broke his toes, the Doctor walks in with a huge needle and tells him " this is going to hurt you more than it hurts me" :eek: She was so funny it actually eased his tension :lol:

Last edited:
Y'all have heard of Hobbes' exploits in trees here -- no he hasn't gone up another one but yesterday I'm a-settin' on mah porch looking at the gum tree (which is about 15-20 feet tall)... Hobbes climbs halfway up, he's higher than my head.... then he looks around, gets this feline adrenaline rush that we all know the look of, and spirals his way back down the trunk to the ground.

I think he's training for the next event :eek: But at least he'll be more prepared. :thup:

"Hitchhiker Hobbes' Guide to the Galaxy"

:D

In late October, 2011, I had a pretty serious foot/ankle injury on the job and did the splint-thing for a week. It healed amazingly fast, so I am still thankful to this day for that.

But ever since then, my foot "tells" me when a storm is coming. It starts to hurt pretty badly about an hour before a storm hits.

So, Friday, as I was bringing my little one home to my place for the weekend, as we left her school (in the community where she and her mother live), my foot started hurting pretty damned bad. Now, there were some clouds in the sky, but not that many. So, in the tram on the way to get some ice cream at little Miss Statalina's favorite cafe where I live, I told her I thought it was going to storm really hard, let's stop at a DM Mart and buy some new umbrellas.

She looked at me like I was :cuckoo: - but I told her we were going to buy those umbrellas. 45 minutes later, we were shopping at D Mart just about a minute's walk away from said cafe, bought the umbellas and went outside - and it started to pour like crazy, almost on cue.

At that cafe, she then asked me how I knew, and I explained the whole thing with the injury and my now-weather-vane foot. Her eyes widened with a little bit of amazement.

So today, before we went out the door to go do stuff, I see my daughter looking at my foot, studying it....

Seems you're reaching an age where such things begin to "tell" you when the weather will be changing. No matter how insignificant such injuries seemed at the time, nor how well and quickly you healed, the twinges start to increase in intensity. Up until I broke my foot two years ago, it was an old motorcycle injury that always kicked up when the barometer changed. Now, it's both.
Welcome to becoming "well seasoned".
How's your baby girl doing this weekend. She seems to be such a joy for you.

It's called arthiritis or reumatism.....for some reason, some people start getting pain in their muscles when there's rain approaching.....my grandmother used to be able to tell that it was going to rain.....

That's funny that your little princess now thinks you've got a magic foot....:D

Sure it did.....:lol:

I had a friend whose dad wouldn punish them by making her and her siblings stand in the corner with their arms outstretched, and if they brought them down, he would smack their bottoms with a belt...I thought that was mean....

Came home to find these critters having a feast in my front yard....there was a baby, but I couldn't get him to be still so I could take his pic.

20140627_200414_zps8b163fa0.jpg

oooh, bad form Mertex, you should have cropped the photo. Now we all know what the top of your arm looks like.

I didn't picture you as a striper... :eusa_shifty:

I figured you would notice.....:D

Looks like it's going to be a nice day today. We could use a break in the rain. It's been raining at least a little daily and rained pretty much three days straight after we came back to town.
Girls have been gone two days now. The silence is deafening, no banter, no girlish chatter or giggles. They did get the .10 tour of the deep, dark bowels of the airport and got to visit a 747, too. They were pretty thrilled and told me it was one of the neatest things they've ever gotten to do. Here they are in the cockpit.

Attachments

• $jet girls.jpg
    $jet girls.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 30
They look like sweethearts, GW.

They are. My daughter is doing a fine job raising them. I admit, there is something to be said for a woman who chooses to stay home, take care of her children and husband, instead of pursuing a career that would never pay enough for her to sacrifice that duty. She does quite well, budgeting a military pay check, too!

Sure it did.....:lol:

I had a friend whose dad wouldn punish them by making her and her siblings stand in the corner with their arms outstretched, and if they brought them down, he would smack their bottoms with a belt...I thought that was mean....
yeah, the belt is a little over the top, not good.

Forum List

Back