USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Sunday, coffee shop peeps! :) I went shopping today, so it's been a good day.

image.jpg
This is precisely why I always keep my toilet lid down so the cat can't get into it.

I didn't sleep in. I have been running non stop all day and just said ENOUGH. I have like 16 ads running on CL with stuff for sale. People that came to look at the free stuff wound up going thru EVERYTHING, so we had to pull it all out of the shed and on to a tarp in the back yard, plus the furniture I crammed in the patio room that is for sale. Overall....the BOUGHT stuff as well as got the free stuff. Then they had no room in their cars or trucks and had to call friends, who also rummaged around and bought a shit load of stuff. We made a HUGE dent and some bucks as well. Almost enough to pay for the Uhaul!

Then my friend called and said she and her husband decided NOT to put us in the garage. Instead, they moved out of the "bonus room" and in to the master bedroom and we will be getting the bonus room....which is HUGE. And has its own bathroom, AND has a door leading right outside to the back yard for easy access for the dogs!! WOOT!! I am beginning to get excited now. And happier!

But I am POOPED!!!

Guess that makes you a parting pooper?

Everybody must be out and about today or sleeping in. We're getting ready to take our house guests to Old Town for shopping and maybe dinner later. Hope all are having a pleasant Sunday. Will likely check in tonight sometime.
I didn't sleep in. I have been running non stop all day and just said ENOUGH. I have like 16 ads running on CL with stuff for sale. People that came to look at the free stuff wound up going thru EVERYTHING, so we had to pull it all out of the shed and on to a tarp in the back yard, plus the furniture I crammed in the patio room that is for sale. Overall....the BOUGHT stuff as well as got the free stuff. Then they had no room in their cars or trucks and had to call friends, who also rummaged around and bought a shit load of stuff. We made a HUGE dent and some bucks as well. Almost enough to pay for the Uhaul!

Then my friend called and said she and her husband decided NOT to put us in the garage. Instead, they moved out of the "bonus room" and in to the master bedroom and we will be getting the bonus room....which is HUGE. And has its own bathroom, AND has a door leading right outside to the back yard for easy access for the dogs!! WOOT!! I am beginning to get excited now. And happier!

But I am POOPED!!!

Sounds perfect for you!

Long day with our younger and more energetic house guests. They'll be here one more day instead of leaving tomorrow as was the initial plan. So it's to the top of the mountain in the morning and we'll see how the rest of the day will go. Enjoying their company very much but all this was so much easier 20 years ago.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in their transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

California sunset:

Oceanside+CA+Sunset.jpg

That is so pretty!

I'm good with Windows 8. I'm sick and tired of them trying to force us to upgrade all the time.
Things run faster on the Internet with 10.

Faster than with 8 or 7.

I have high speed internet, so I don't think it really makes much difference.

I get one megabyte a second download speed, which I understand is slow compared with what I could get if I upgrade my modem. But I can't be bothered, because 1 meg seems fast enough for everything I want.

Dang ! I tried to turn my computer off three quarters of an hour ago, but windows ten did a huge update that only just finished.. Now the computer takes ages to start up.

I'm still using Windows 8.1. Screw Windows 10!!

I was using windows 7 but I gave in to the pressure from Microsoft to upgrade. Mind you windows 10 is OK.

I'm good with Windows 8. I'm sick and tired of them trying to force us to upgrade all the time.

I was also one of those weird people who really liked WIn 8.1 and I initially decided not to update my PC. But after Hombre did and needed advice about this or that I couldn't give him, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 on my laptop, He was upgrading from Win 7. Win 10 would run some of our older software that Win 7 would not, and other software worked bettter, more smoothly. It did require a bit to run updates for awhile but lately those are infrequent and they do download and install quickly. I have high speed internet too and it does seem to be a bit faster with Win 10. I gave up on Explorer as the new Win 10 Edge is nowhere near as good a browser and it was freezing up or stopped working altogether way too much. As I have several other methods to access the internet, that was not a problem. But Win 10, once I saw how stable and efficient an operating system it is, I went ahead and allowed the free upgrade on my PC too. I have not yet regretted the move.

Dang ! I tried to turn my computer off three quarters of an hour ago, but windows ten did a huge update that only just finished.. Now the computer takes ages to start up.

I was using windows 7 but I gave in to the pressure from Microsoft to upgrade. Mind you windows 10 is OK.

I was also one of those weird people who really liked WIn 8.1 and I initially decided not to update my PC. But after Hombre did and needed advice about this or that I couldn't give him, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 on my laptop, He was upgrading from Win 7. Win 10 would run some of our older software that Win 7 would not, and other software worked bettter, more smoothly. It did require a bit to run updates for awhile but lately those are infrequent and they do download and install quickly. I have high speed internet too and it does seem to be a bit faster with Win 10. I gave up on Explorer as the new Win 10 Edge is nowhere near as good a browser and it was freezing up or stopped working altogether way too much. As I have several other methods to access the internet, that was not a problem. But Win 10, once I saw how stable and efficient an operating system it is, I went ahead and allowed the free upgrade on my PC too. I have not yet regretted the move.

I don't seem to have any problems with speed. Things download for me pretty much immediately. Can't get much faster than that! :) No thank you on the Win 10. I'm good with my Windows 8.1. I really want nothing to do with constantly changing my windows program and having to transfer all my files. This computer is only for fun anyways. My work computer has already been upgraded, and I didn't notice it being any faster.

I don't seem to have any problems with speed. Things download for me pretty much immediately. Can't get much faster than that! :) No thank you on the Win 10. I'm good with my Windows 8.1. I really want nothing to do with constantly changing my windows program and having to transfer all my files. This computer is only for fun anyways. My work computer has already been upgraded, and I didn't notice it being any faster.

This PC is running Win 7 and Linux Mint, my other PC is running Vista. Ringel scared me off of 10 with all the intrusive bloatware crap. :p

I just disable any bloatware that annoys me. Sometimes my Avast program intercepts it and asks if I want to allow it. I just say no and I'm good for the day. So can I say I notice an improvement over Win 8.1? Not really except that Win 10 will run some old software that Win 7 and 8 would not. But Win 10 is a really stable system. Little or no problem or issues with freezes or failure to load things.

This PC is running Win 7 and Linux Mint, my other PC is running Vista. Ringel scared me off of 10 with all the intrusive bloatware crap. :p
Yeah but now it's fairly easy to get rid of it and Win 10 is much more stable and you can make it look almost Windows 7 like or even XP like if that's what you want.

Yeah but now it's fairly easy to get rid of it and Win 10 is much more stable and you can make it look almost Windows 7 like or even XP like if that's what you want.

I suppose the July date for the free upgrades has come and gone now, but purchasing Win 10 is pretty inexpensive.

My computer geek friend posted this elsewhere as we come up on the first anniversary for Win 10 with the statement that the new updates fix almost all issues and add some nice features:

For those who already had Win10 or who got it at the last minute, it's time to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed. It has some very nice improvements and it's easy to implement...at least it was for me. I updated two of my devices: My desktop and my HP Stream 7 tablet. I didn't do anything special to get the update...I went through Settings>Updates and it worked great.

But that's just the beginning. There's more you can do if you want to customize your Windows experience after the update. Here are some links that will help.

Accessibility in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Privacy Settings in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

How To: Activate Limited Periodic Scanning in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Cortana Across Devices in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Start Your Windows 10 Anniversary Update Customizations Here

How To: Use the Windows 10 Update Assistant to Install the Anniversary Update

Video: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Walkthrough

And this one for those who are STILL not sure if they even want the OS.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/microsoft-shortens-recovery-rollback-period-10-days-windows-10-anniversary-update[/url]​

I suppose the July date for the free upgrades has come and gone now, but purchasing Win 10 is pretty inexpensive.

My computer geek friend posted this elsewhere as we come up on the first anniversary for Win 10 with the statement that the new updates fix almost all issues and add some nice features:

For those who already had Win10 or who got it at the last minute, it's time to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed. It has some very nice improvements and it's easy to implement...at least it was for me. I updated two of my devices: My desktop and my HP Stream 7 tablet. I didn't do anything special to get the update...I went through Settings>Updates and it worked great.

But that's just the beginning. There's more you can do if you want to customize your Windows experience after the update. Here are some links that will help.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/microsoft-shortens-recovery-rollback-period-10-days-windows-10-anniversary-update[/url]​

That's what happened to me yesterday. The anniversary update took me by surprise. Now windows 10 wants me to talk to it.

I have a feeling I'll have a bunch to undo with that upgrade, I even uninstalled Cortana, Microsoft's biggest and most active bit of spyware.
So far it's only shown up on the Lenovo not any of the other computers but I haven't installed it yet.

I don't really care if Microsoft spies on me, I don't download porn, and I don't download illegal copies of software.

I used to years ago and I had thousands of pounds worth of software like photo shop that I got from hacking sites. I also used to get serial numbers for games so you could run them without the cd.

But I don't do any of that any more because for one thing you can get hacked by people who put Trojan horses into their give away of software. For another thing there are more cyber police monitoring the internet.

Friday morning I was getting ready to go to the Pig Roast. I had to pack a few togs, walk and bathe Daisy the Mutt, remember the lawn chairs, coolers and bag of hickory chunks, gas up the car and pick up my brother and all his things.

Well, while I was walking Daisy, I was surprised to see her dashing from point to point. back and forth like a picketer on amphetamines. Then she seemed to toss something in the air. It was a chipmunk! I saw the chipmunk scurry away. Then Daisy pounced on it and again tossed it into the air. By the time I caught up to this scene, the chipmunk was dying. It's little hind leg twitched and it gasped for air.

Daisy did not aggressively attack the poor thing, but played with it as if it was one of her toys.

But Daisy had become a killer.

I sleep with one eye open, fearing that 13 pounds of miniature poodle fury might come my way in the dead of the night.

I don't really care if Microsoft spies on me, I don't download porn, and I don't download illegal copies of software.

I used to years ago and I had thousands of pounds worth of software like photo shop that I got from hacking sites. I also used to get serial numbers for games so you could run them without the cd.

But I don't do any of that any more because for one thing you can get hacked by people who put Trojan horses into their give away of software. For another thing there are more cyber police monitoring the internet.

I don't think porn and illegal software is really what they're interested in.

I've loaded GWX (thanks be to Ringel) onto both my laptops and I'm protected from Windows 10 invasions, one of which already took down one system. It's working flawlessly. :eusa_dance:

Happy Sunday, coffee shop peeps! :) I went shopping today, so it's been a good day.

image.jpg
This is precisely why I always keep my toilet lid down so the cat can't get into it.

Cats mostly like to watch it flush, by pushing on the lever.

I think they're fascinated with running water. Hobbes got fixated by the slow stream of water flowing out of the bathtub spigot, and automatically jumps in the tub in anticipation. Then when I turn it on he considers it his mission to lap it all up.

I encourage that since cats don't always sufficiently hydrate themselves. I leave it on when I go away so he's got a steady supply of water.

Forum List

Back