USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Friday everyone. :) There's a beautiful river called the Mattaponi near my old home town that is considered one of the wildest, cleanest, and most beautiful on the East Coast. I once nearly hit a deer in mid-stream while water skiing!

A few images and a brief instrumental I wrote that was inspired by the place. Hope you like. :)

mattaponi_mountcastleweb.jpg
54151657.jpg
TvyamNb-BivtNwcoxtkc5xGBuGkIMh_nj4UJHQKuor8PRbn42cG8UIhzd1aga6iXfQ4Q06-1-0pIXQ
22b392ec-4a36-4741-bb75-abbea4c2a888~rt_-cr_-rs_1024.h

A Day On The Mattaponi by user183852791

Good Friday everyone. :) There's a beautiful river called the Mattaponi near my old home town that is considered one of the wildest, cleanest, and most beautiful on the East Coast. I once nearly hit a deer in mid-stream while water skiing!

A few images and a brief instrumental I wrote that was inspired by the place. Hope you like. :)

54151657.jpg

Beautiful WQ. Both the instrumentation and the photos. I could surely see that track in a Youtube video of travels along the Mattaponi.

I dub thee the Court Composer for the Coffee Shop!

Thought the neighborhood ended up in decent hands, may now have to revise my estimation of at least one of new neighbors...but first a side event. Old man shot his druggie son dead about six blocks from here week ago.....now back to main story.
House behind us where guy died went to a person working for same govt agency who knew the old neighbor but claims he did not know he was buying his house....dont see a lot of him, seems ok but so did the guy who moed in next to us.
It's Mon morning 4am and I here a voice and noise emanating from just outside master bath window. Stroll over and have a look and someone is moving the plastic bin we store winter covers for patio furniture and looking around behind it. Its neighbor but I didnt recognize him at first. Go out the front door all quiet come up behind him and ask wtf he's doing. He apologizes, ID's himself and claims he's looking for his dog, which is way to big to hide behind that bin. Forget what I said, go back inside and join the wife who is now awake in watching to see what happens next from the shadows,,,,he proceeds to pace out back and side yards and the other new neighbors yard and the guy across the streets yard and entering and exiting his house multiple times talking loudly to himself it seems.
Finally get dressed go out if he needs some sort of assistance....I find him staring down the line of lilacs. he says there is a tunnel in there and a bunker by his house and he can see the ground moving as people go thru the tunnel. Whole time he is sweating profusely. I dont see or hear anything. He disappears across the street for awhile comes back and says they got away over that guys fence and cops will be by shortly. Sure enough they were and immediately left after telling him he's crazy without using the term. All the while I was hoping they would say "hey fine citizen lets go inside and make sure you are safe" and find out what the hell kind of drugs he was on.
Only other explanation is he's vet with ptsd.....Dont know the guy well enough that he would open up and tell me what the real scoop is over a beer which leaves me watching and waiting ........and inspecting the back yard every night in case he was up to something
Maybe he's related to John Nash......... :eusa_whistle:

:dunno:

54151657.jpg

I've been over that river a few times. :thup:

The little one is back in school. Last year when school was starting I drew her a big SpongeBob to put on her door that says Back To School, this year I did the same thing but drew Oh from the movie Home (her current favorite which she watched multiple times a week).

I finally got a response from the school I'm trying to enter and they say I can take the Anatomy & Physiology class at another school close to me, I just need to wait until I've been at their school for at least a semester first. I figure it will end up costing me about $1000 to do that, but considering almost all my costs for the main school are likely to be covered by the grants I'm eligible for, that's still cheaper than my second option.

Speaking of those grants, I can't get them until I provide a letter from the IRS that says I didn't file taxes last year. I still haven't gotten that yet and I don't know when I will. I sent the IRS a form through the mail a while ago (since their online and phone options didn't function) but I have to wait on them sending me back the letter. Unfortunately, if I don't get that letter to the school by the 25th, I can't get financial aid. I don't think I want to wait until the next semester, in Spring, to start school, so I've got less than 3 weeks to get that letter and send it off.

I'm going to try and get a hold of my advisor and register for classes, probably on Monday (I don't think the school offices are open on Fridays), and hope that my non-filer letter comes soon and that, assuming that part works out, I don't have any trouble taking the A&P classes at another school next year.

They certainly could make this process easier!

Why do you need anatomy or physiology to be a computer tech? Or are you looking at being a medical tech?

The little one is back in school. Last year when school was starting I drew her a big SpongeBob to put on her door that says Back To School, this year I did the same thing but drew Oh from the movie Home (her current favorite which she watched multiple times a week).

I finally got a response from the school I'm trying to enter and they say I can take the Anatomy & Physiology class at another school close to me, I just need to wait until I've been at their school for at least a semester first. I figure it will end up costing me about $1000 to do that, but considering almost all my costs for the main school are likely to be covered by the grants I'm eligible for, that's still cheaper than my second option.

Speaking of those grants, I can't get them until I provide a letter from the IRS that says I didn't file taxes last year. I still haven't gotten that yet and I don't know when I will. I sent the IRS a form through the mail a while ago (since their online and phone options didn't function) but I have to wait on them sending me back the letter. Unfortunately, if I don't get that letter to the school by the 25th, I can't get financial aid. I don't think I want to wait until the next semester, in Spring, to start school, so I've got less than 3 weeks to get that letter and send it off.

I'm going to try and get a hold of my advisor and register for classes, probably on Monday (I don't think the school offices are open on Fridays), and hope that my non-filer letter comes soon and that, assuming that part works out, I don't have any trouble taking the A&P classes at another school next year.

Why do you need anatomy or physiology to be a computer tech? Or are you looking at being a medical tech?

I'm trying to do medical, mostly clerical stuff. I looked at computer programming for a while but decided it bored me too much in combination with it being a field with too much risk. Medicine might also bore me, but it seems more likely I'll be able to both get and keep a job, particularly with a 2 year degree. With programming, while I could potentially make a lot more money, I've heard it is much more likely to have your job outsourced or made obsolete.

I'm trying to do medical, mostly clerical stuff. I looked at computer programming for a while but decided it bored me too much in combination with it being a field with too much risk. Medicine might also bore me, but it seems more likely I'll be able to both get and keep a job, particularly with a 2 year degree. With programming, while I could potentially make a lot more money, I've heard it is much more likely to have your job outsourced or made obsolete.
Pretty much anything medical related these days will almost guarantee you a job, if one is young enough and not squeamish I'd highly recommend a 4 year nursing degree to start, you will be guaranteed a job almost anywhere you want to work. A two year nursing degree has the same job guarantee but doesn't pay as well.

Top 10 In-Demand Healthcare Occupations

Medical Careers in High Demand

Pretty much anything medical related these days will almost guarantee you a job, if one is young enough and not squeamish I'd highly recommend a 4 year nursing degree to start, you will be guaranteed a job almost anywhere you want to work. A two year nursing degree has the same job guarantee but doesn't pay as well.

I don't know if I want to have the responsibility of nursing. I don't think I would handle potentially having people's lives in my hands that well. I'd also probably have to do a decent amount of on campus schooling. :p

I don't know if I want to have the responsibility of nursing. I don't think I would handle potentially having people's lives in my hands that well. I'd also probably have to do a decent amount of on campus schooling. :p
Not all of it is nursing, there are a number of support jobs that are in high demand.

I'm on linked in and also get e-mails with local jobs. And there is are always openings for people to work in healthcare facilities in roles that are not doctors, nurses, etc. including a lot of clerical openings. Computer and typing skills would be a huge plus--I still don't see why you would need to take anatomy or physiology for a clerical job but maybe things have changed since my hospital years. I don't see those jobs ever becoming automated. You might look into doing some volunteer work while the little one is in school too--hospitals need volunteers to transport patients, run in house errands for medical staff, etc. and that could go a long way to qualifying as experience.

Anybody heard from Gallant Warrior lately? He hasn't posted in the CS for awhile and that's not like him.

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in their transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Bali Indonesia rice terraces:
Rice-terraces-Bali-Indonesia.jpg

I'm on linked in and also get e-mails with local jobs. And there is are always openings for people to work in healthcare facilities in roles that are not doctors, nurses, etc. including a lot of clerical openings. Computer and typing skills would be a huge plus--I still don't see why you would need to take anatomy or physiology for a clerical job but maybe things have changed since my hospital years. I don't see those jobs ever becoming automated. You might look into doing some volunteer work while the little one is in school too--hospitals need volunteers to transport patients, run in house errands for medical staff, etc. and that could go a long way to qualifying as experience.

I'm not going for a specialized certificate or anything like that, the program is a Healthcare Management Technology degree. Other schools have pretty much the same thing with slightly different names. It will give me experience/knowledge of medical terminology, coding, insurance, healthcare finance, etc.. I was convinced that having an associate's would be better than just getting a billing/coding certificate. This will hopefully give me a few options in looking for a job : billing and coding, transcription, or health information technician (which I believe involves checking charts and creating reports). And of course it's at least possible I could use these courses to go on to a bachelor's at some point. :dunno:

Until I get a license and car, doing any sort of work, volunteer or otherwise, almost has to be from home. :p

My employer has brought in a partner who will run daily operations. The switch over is official a week from this coming Monday. Normally some management shake ups, so I am waiting for my briefing. Change can be good, but some upheaval is also part of it. I am concerned two of my salespersons may just retire.

Probably will be less available online for awhile.

My employer has brought in a partner who will run daily operations. The switch over is official a week from this coming Monday. Normally some management shake ups, so I am waiting for my briefing. Change can be good, but some upheaval is also part of it. I am concerned two of my salespersons may just retire.

Probably will be less available online for awhile.

You will be missed so hurry back, but hope the job situation works out well. Every time places I have worked for have changed management I was eventually out of a job--not because I was laid off but because I was working straight commission and the work just dried up due to gross mismanagement from the top. Once I said to heck with it and Hombre and I started our own business, we didn't have that problem.

I am one of the two positions that usually gets "changed". I will be quite honored if they keep me, but getting put back in sales is a more likely outcome. I am the youngest and highest producer with the local flavor element.

I am one of the two positions that usually gets "changed". I will be quite honored if they keep me, but getting put back in sales is a more likely outcome. I am the youngest and highest producer with the local flavor element.

So you could be out of the management slot? Well working two jobs that might be more satisfying. Management can be super stressful especially if you're working commission and the extra responsibility cuts into your earning power. Or even if it doesn't. Been there. Done that. So again will hope for the best possible outcome for you.

So you could be out of the management slot? Well working two jobs that might be more satisfying. Management can be super stressful especially if you're working commission and the extra responsibility cuts into your earning power. Or even if it doesn't. Been there. Done that. So again will hope for the best possible outcome for you.

Basically, I am the manager whether I have the title or not. Everyone comes to me when something goes wrong. I doubt that will change.

Basically, I am the manager whether I have the title or not. Everyone comes to me when something goes wrong. I doubt that will change.

That's the price you pay for being effective. :)

Keep your sense of humor, SL...

That's the price you pay for being effective. :)

Amen and pass the collection plate...

Forum List

Back